StarCraft® II

Who else likes WoL more than Hots

just taking a poll. Personally I like WoL more than Hots as i feel like hots has kinda destroyed some of the fun things to do in this game
Reply Quote
me
but i'm playing only beta, so that my feedback can help to change this

as a terran i feel like if i'm not meching, there is nothing new in this expansion besides medivac speed, bio + mines has been figured out.

mech is not fun in TvZ like it is in WOL, its frustrating that i build efficient and cool units all game only to have them die to roach/hydra/viper which is being made blindly even against bio

mech is not fun in TvT, once someone goes mech, depending on the map, the other player often has to go mech or Sky units or they'll die. With widowmines, pure bio is simply no longer playable, which is sad because i viewed bio vs mech as such a skilled matchup for both sides

Mech is still not fun in tvp, because you lose everytime, or you've thrown enough games on your ladder ranking to where you are beating protoss with mech, lol.

so essentially we got new units, but i will never get to use them because I dont prefer mech against zerg, and although i would prefer to use it against Protoss, i can't because its basically playing with one arm behind my back. Fun that i get to have 45 min tvts or die trying to kill a mech player every TvT though, because it wasn't already becoming like that anyways.../sarcasm
Edited by ssSSSsssenza on 2/2/2013 7:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
I played HotS for a while, and really enjoyed most of it.

I quit playing the Beta because the ladder was random...some games I'd face Bronze level players, the next I'd face Master level players. It made it impossible for me to have fun, even matches like I do in WoL.

So now I'm back to WoL. I plan to enjoy the last few months of it before I move on to HotS. :)
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 06:59 PMPosted by Rhodesian
just taking a poll

thought that was against forum rules? :S
but anyway, I like hots WAY better
Reply Quote
I like HotS more I think, just because the one base strats are actually holding their ground in some cases I dunno, I didn't know how much I missed being super aggressive versus totally passive until trying out the gimmicky units :S
Reply Quote
as a toss in my heart, HOTS is so much better
Protoss in WoL is trash. Period.
Reply Quote
I prefer HotS because of the new playstyles. Skytoss is viable (maybe a bit too viable), mech is viable (or at least trying to be), and I don't know !@#$ about zerg, but I don't see them as reliant on infestors as they were in WoL, and that's always a plus.
Reply Quote
hots is very messy....but i like it better than WoL.

as a zerg player, having 1 late game composition vs 2 of the 3 races is mundane and got old.

at least viper opened up a ton of different strategies for late game.

we also actually have a mid game finally, yay
Reply Quote
not me.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 10:23 PMPosted by Enigma
not me.
Reply Quote
One time while HotS was being patched, I played a ladder game on WoL. I never went back since. HotS is that much better.
Reply Quote
I also dislike the new click animations and in-game UI.
Reply Quote
me
but i'm playing only beta, so that my feedback can help to change this

as a terran i feel like if i'm not meching, there is nothing new in this expansion besides medivac speed, bio + mines has been figured out.

mech is not fun in TvZ like it is in WOL, its frustrating that i build efficient and cool units all game only to have them die to roach/hydra/viper which is being made blindly even against bio

mech is not fun in TvT, once someone goes mech, depending on the map, the other player often has to go mech or Sky units or they'll die. With widowmines, pure bio is simply no longer playable, which is sad because i viewed bio vs mech as such a skilled matchup for both sides

Mech is still not fun in tvp, because you lose everytime, or you've thrown enough games on your ladder ranking to where you are beating protoss with mech, lol.

so essentially we got new units, but i will never get to use them because I dont prefer mech against zerg, and although i would prefer to use it against Protoss, i can't because its basically playing with one arm behind my back. Fun that i get to have 45 min tvts or die trying to kill a mech player every TvT though, because it wasn't already becoming like that anyways.../sarcasm

This is how I feel. The only thing that is really different in HotS is the amount of abusive openings Protoss can do against Terran.
Reply Quote
Just started getting used to WoL. Now HotS. I need to play more beta
Reply Quote
slightly more with HotS

I played Protoss and got to mid-high Plat before I stopped in WoL. I'm playing Terran in HotS. Mech is more viable but it abuses the units it has or can't work against other compositions. I see more TvT's going Mech and the only reason I mech is because I don't have the APM. Zerg armies are okay to fight against until Vipers and you might have to tech switch or turtle till you have enough units to deal with them( unless you already have anti-air out).

Fighting Toss armies aren't too bad either but:
A) They contain you on two bases with early attacks + MSC
B) Go Sky Toss making all anti-air units suck without the Raven( even then still kind of suck due to Storms blocking off engagements.

Though with fighting opponents that aren't meant for silver league it is helping me with mechanics but it's not fun. Doing what I did in HotS in WoL feels odd.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]