StarCraft® II

Phoenix's

I have begun to use phoenix's more often and I was wondering if higher ranked people like master and diamond use them as much as I do. I mean they are so useful say someone goes immortal sentry or they get immortals. Also for overlords and taking out workers. So that is why I was wondering if you masters use them.
Reply Quote
I only use them in PvP.
Edited by BoZiMagnet on 1/31/2013 3:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
i'm a nooblinger but i would love to use these more as they're fun to micro & i love super speedy units lol... but the league games i play often turn into ground slugfests which require quick build-up of troops to support & attack... i find i never have the time to go overlord hunting when so busy protecting expansions & building stalker+robo armies lol...

also keen to hear from the pros tho... does anyone actually use these to pick-up workers one by one...? :D
Reply Quote
Yup pvp and pvz they are great at any level. For pvz 4 phoenixes is all you need and you can do tons of damage. pvt can be tricky to make phoenixes work though.
Reply Quote
Thanks for all the info.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 04:00 PMPosted by TechNo
Yup pvp and pvz they are great at any level. For pvz 4 phoenixes is all you need and you can do tons of damage. pvt can be tricky to make phoenixes work though.

Just a word of advice though, I saw two toss players open with 4 phoenixes. I went ling hydra and it was really good and game ending. At least good enough to beat a top 25 masters (for whatever thats worth). But you get colossus out in time your golden.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 04:57 PMPosted by Scyt

Just a word of advice though, I saw two toss players open with 4 phoenixes. I went ling hydra and it was really good and game ending. At least good enough to beat a top 25 masters (for whatever thats worth). But you get colossus out in time your golden.

I love when zergs go hydra after I open stargate because my stargate build always involves a pretty fast robo and colossi. There is a short timing where that push is scary but it usually isn't too tough for me to buy time for a colossus.

I always open phoenixes in macro games so I have a pretty good idea of what I need to do to survive any timing attacks. I do gateway expand though so the situation is a bit different.
Reply Quote
Yea but what about massing phoenix because if they are fully upgraded you can do some damage. I have done that a few times in 4v4 for fun but I was wonder how would you fare if you did that because if you can graviton beam fast enough your good versus light ground or ground where there is no massive units and they are pretty darn strong versus air.
Reply Quote
Mass Phoenix might only be good vs mass Muta. The graviton beem can help pick up key units that do AoE, heavy damage, or "spells" (i.e. Tanks, infestors, immortals, sentries, etc.) which can help.

In general, PvZ phoenix is pretty decent.
Reply Quote
I find on a larger map, you can troll a greedy Terran with early Phoenix, the map distance buys you time to prepare in case he decides to step out the moment he sees your phoenix.
Reply Quote
I get Phoenixes in every match-up... Yes, that means PvT as well. In fact, I would say I get them in PvT more than other matches.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]