Constant problems with server.

Lately Ive been continuously dropping from games, about half-way through. It happens AT LEAST once EVERY DAY and it's starting to tick me off.

It says "Waiting for Server" and I have no choice to Surrender because it never comes back. It logs me out and I have to log back in. But when I do...it's fine. So the server, or whatever is causing this, is just trolling the hell out of me and ruining all my games.

This needs to stop. I'm thinking about getting a new laptop. The one I'm using is already nearly 2 years old, but I hear they are supposed to last much longer than that.

I have perfectly fine Internet. But it still drops me from games. I have no idea what's causing this and why it won't stop or what started it or how I can resolve it.

Also, if I download SC2 on another laptop, and log in with my account, will everything work? I won't need another key? And do I just transfer all of my banks over on a flashdrive?

I need advice, suggestions, tips, answers, anything.

Also, I know absolutely nothing about computers, it's almost laughable. Like what processor I'm on or whatever it's called.
Edited by Theroux on 2/3/2013 6:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey Theroux, have you tried playing on another Internet connection, just for comparison?

The Direct X Diagnostic Tool (dxdiag) can help you gather some computer information.

After you've created the dxdiag report file, open it up, and copy and paste everything, except for the last section:
------------------
DirectShow Filters
------------------

After you paste everything into a post, highlight everything, and hit the "pre" button (It says "Code Blocks" when you hover your mouse over it). That'll make the information much more readable.
I only have one connection available, so that will not suffice.

I just need to know:

1. Should I get a new, better laptop?
2. Is there something seriously wrong happening, and can it be fixed?
3. How well does SC2 work on Macs?
4. If I download SC2 on another laptop, and log in with my account there, will everything work? Will I NOT need another key? And do I just transfer all of my banks over on a flashdrive?

I'll try and find out Computer Information.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
02/04/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Theroux
1. Should I get a new, better laptop?

Without knowing anything about your laptop, this is hard to determine.

02/04/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Theroux
2. Is there something seriously wrong happening, and can it be fixed?

We'll also need to find out more about your network connection to make any determination:

StarCraft II works well on Macs. There are plenty of Mac players who can attest to this.

You can download StarCraft II on another laptop, and on as many computers as you like, and play on your account. You can use a flashdrive, or external drive, or your network to copy the StarCraft II folder to another computer.
I have a Mac, and awhile ago I downloaded SC2 on it. But it was jumpy, and I thought that was the best I was going to get because people were saying it doesn't run well on them.

I've been using SC2 always on my ASUS. I want to know which one it will work better on.

My Mac info is here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7811301892

A little busy right now. I can confirm wireless connection. Apparently, I have Firewall, Antivirus, and Internet Security software.

Not sure about models. I'm involved in Xfinity though.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
02/04/2013 04:05 PMPosted by Theroux
I can confirm wireless connection.

I would try a wired connection for comparison. Wireless connections can be subject to interference from many things beyond your control such as nearby cordless telephones, microwave ovens, refrigerators, walls, distance, outside power lines, and other wireless access points.
You never know, that could be the problem.

The only place in my house that my ASUS works (besides the office where the modem is) Is the dining room, which is about 30 feet away from it. Doesn't make any sense (My Mac works anywhere)

Between is a Wall, Fireplace, a Refrigerator, a Microwave Oven, Oven, Microwave (lol), and a few Phones.

Not sure if I can get a Wired connection though. Are there any other options? If not, I can try and get one.
Edited by Theroux on 2/5/2013 4:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
What's the make and model of your modem? I would try every available wireless mode, and wireless channel.
Like I said, I know very little on how Computers and Internet Connection works...

I only see one device in my office, it says "Xfinity" on it. Is that the modem? Where on it can I find more info?

I'm thinking that this is the only connection I'm going to have to live with.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
The model number should be printed somewhere, like the back or bottom.
Model Number: SMCD3GNV

Next time I lag out I'll report it here.
Reply Quote
The problem is still persisting.

Need instructions now.

Tired of randomly getting the "Waiting for Server" message, forced to surrender, and log out even though There's NOTHING wrong with my connection and I can log back in fine.

This thing is completely RUINING my games. Can not do this.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Instructions for forwarding ports on the SMC SMCD3GNV to your computer's current IP address:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/SMC/SMCD3GNV/StarCraft_II.htm
im haveing the same problem!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]