StarCraft® II

Hunter Killers?

We all know The Hunter Killer Hydralisks from the StarCraft 1 campaigns. I'm curious if maybe they'll be in the HotS campaign?
Reply Quote
They did make some appearances in WoL (during the Moebius Factor and All In I believe).
Maybe we'll be able to control them in HotS.
Reply Quote
Ultra is correct, they were alongside Kerrigan in both missions identified.

Though I believe the Hunter Killers were not in the Moebius Factor in Easy/Normal mode. Could be wrong about that, I just don't recall seeing them in that difficulty.

Would they make an appearance in HoTS? Probably, but I wouldn't count on you getting a pair of them, or maybe a pair of them for more than one mission.

If you look at the interview videos with the developers of HoTS, they often state how powerful Kerrigan is at your hands and mentioned she was "roughly 1/3 of your attack force's power base" which is a Godly amount for ONE unit.

Adding HKs would/could potentially be overkill.
Reply Quote
Sidebar: wouldn't a HK morph for hydralisks really do some things for multiplayer? Maybe make it cost two additional supply.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 12:22 PMPosted by BrockLanders
Sidebar: wouldn't a HK morph for hydralisks really do some things for multiplayer? Maybe make it cost two additional supply.

They would be too overpowered, unless the cost associated with production was astronomical compared to a regular Hydra.

Bare in mind, HKs have twice the health and do twice the damage compared to a Hydra.
Reply Quote
I'm sure we'll see controllable HKs in the campaign, but sparingly.

But will we get Torresque?
Reply Quote
I'm sure we'll see controllable HKs in the campaign, but sparingly.

But will we get Torresque?

Hunter Killers are likely, seeing as you got to control them often in SC1.

The Torrasque, however, is an alternate skin for the Ultralisk that comes with the CE of HotS, which kinda means no.
Reply Quote
Pretty sure Torresque was killed in Brood War.
Reply Quote
02/15/2013 02:20 PMPosted by Azula
Pretty sure Torresque was killed in Brood War.

yup, when you go to try and put medics on beacon, the Torresque rush your defenses (aka bunker line) and !@#$s it up then you kill it.
Reply Quote
Biggest fail by kerrigan ever was turning hydralisk from the warriors of the zerg into useless slow anti air range attackers...
Reply Quote
Not sure if we would know this yet or not but couldn't the elite strains be HoS' version of mercenaries?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]