StarCraft® II

internet modem crash

I have a problen with my internet connection crashing .I AT&T Dsl using a Pace Americia
4111n modem. most time i can launch game,and It will run fine for a wile and then I get Msg
(internet connection lost),and the service light on modem goes from green to red.the only way to fix this is to unplug the power to modem wait 30 sec and replug power
I have 2.6 MPS down speed and .43 up speed ,now the question is..... will a new moden fix this issue....or is it a game bug. If it is a game bug any Ideas on how to fix it.......any at all
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
stargrunt, are you connecting with an ethernet cable to the modem, or wirelessly?
I have the exact same problem, but with Comcast and the Arris TM502G Modem. The game crashes my modem and forces it to restart. It happens right when I start a game or 30 seconds after.

I'm connected wired to a router which is wired to modem. Why would that really matter? We're talking about the modem, LAN works fine.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
We're looking at which network adapter is involved with the connection. If you're wired, try different speeds on your network card. If you're wireless, try different wireless modes on the router.
Can i get an update on what is going on with this problem. I have tried different speeds, using ethernet, checking/updating drivers. Calling my isp who says let's just increase your speed, maybe it's your modem, it's probably Blizzards fault. Also talking to blizzards customer service and they say it's my isp that has the problem...
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
What kind of network card and modem do you have, WSM? What speeds did you try?
netgear n150 wnr1000v3, modem is D-Link DCM-202. Tried all 3 different settings on router up to 54, 72 and 150 mbs. Also have tried connecting through ethernet and modem only and same thing.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Has everything downloaded? When you go to Info > Connection Information, does it say "There is no download in progress."?

I would disable Peer to Peer as well.
It looks like it is at 82% done. I disabled peer to peer and I guess I will wait for it to finish and let you know what happens.
Reply Quote
After the Peer to Peer was disabled my network didn't go down once and the download stayed constant. After the download was complete everything worked perfect. I played two games and never lost connection once. Thanks so much Velnrak. I talked to 3 customer support agents from blizzard and 3 comcast customer support agents whom could not come up with the answer but you sir deserve a BIG THANKS!!!!!! ;D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]