StarCraft® II

I am scared of World Play

Is that what it's called? World Play?

Anyways, I'm scared of world play. I am a very casual player (That hasn't found the time to play recently for those who are going to check my profile and posting history and date of birth and numbers of posts and other creepy stuff, go ahead, see if I care that you're pretty much stalking me.)

ANYWAYS!!

I am scared of world play, I enjoy getting on and having a nice little chat with smiley's and stuff while me and my opponent play and have a good time. The last thing I want is:

"GL HF"

[Insert Korian gibberish here]

[Insert my base getting roflstomped by some Korian nerd who has NO LIFE]

Anyone else having these fears? Can I disable world-play or whatever somehow?
Reply Quote
Global Play

Also what is their to be scared of MMR will still match you against equal skill players regardless if you can understand them or not.

That being said, I can see very little Koreans coming over to the NA servers unless they want to play with friends.

Basically stop being xenophobic.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 01:01 AMPosted by MarkusDaWise
Korian nerd who has NO LIFE

I see you've used this 'life' that you apparently have, furthering your education.
Global play has been active for 3 weeks now, by the way. It went unannounced, but yeah, it has already happend.
Trust me, bronze-diamond is the exact same on every server. You have absolutely nothing to worry about until high masters, but even then, why would high masters -KOREAN- players want to play on NA?
Reply Quote
[Insert my base getting roflstomped by some Korian nerd who has NO LIFE]

I hate to say it, but neither you or me have a high enough rank to actually meet a Korean player to get said roflstomping.

Also, KOREAN. Spell it right.
Edited by Zenzeri on 2/2/2013 6:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
You pick your server, Markus. It's not all in one.

02/02/2013 06:15 AMPosted by Zenzeri
I hate to say it, but neither you or me have a high enough rank to actually meet a Korean player to get said roflstomping.

I'm a better player than 70% of Koreans, and I've only ever made high Diamond league in NA. It's not that Koreans are better. It's that their higher leagues are far more competitive, because of how their culture supports gaming, and thus where the best players can be found. No surprise they're mostly Koreans; it is their server.

Ugh, I hate racial superiority myths. Have to bust them one at a time.

02/02/2013 06:15 AMPosted by Zenzeri
Also, KOREAN. Spell it right.

Humility before criticism, Zenzeri. I was trained as an editor, and yet if I went around poking fun at spelling and grammar instead of trying to help others and promote productive discussion, where would I be?
Edited by Doncroft on 2/2/2013 6:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
some Korian nerd who has NO LIFE]

Yeah because someone who is good at a video game has no life. Sick logic.
Reply Quote
*face palm* really Markus.......... Couldn't you have done this WITHOUT agitating everyone.
Reply Quote
I like global play. I got to play a really good game with a masters EU smurf yesterday.
Reply Quote
The matchmaking system will not be changed. You'll still face opponents of similar MMR.

Also, the Korean language is not "gibberish."
Reply Quote
hey someone tell me how to get global play?
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
02/02/2013 06:47 AMPosted by DarthVader

There's a technical way to do it now, but I don't know it. Once the game releases it'll be quite simple. Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JwS5t2SLsDo
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 06:53 AMPosted by Doncroft

There's a technical way to do it now, but I don't know it. Once the game releases it'll be quite simple. Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JwS5t2SLsDo

Basically it requires you to make a text file and put it into your directory. If you know Anesthetic from these forums, he knows how to do it.
Reply Quote
Just copy this into a notepad then save into the sc2 program file as Regions.xml

<regions>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_SG_REGION" hostname="sg"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enSG"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_US_REGION" hostname="us"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enUS"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_EU_REGION" hostname="eu"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enGB"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_KR_REGION" hostname="kr"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="koKR"/>
</regions>
Edited by Zakarious on 2/2/2013 7:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
^ yeah, there you go. Thanks, guys.
Reply Quote
I don't think global play means what you think it means. You pick your server. There isn't one "world server".
Reply Quote
Smurfs happen whether the player is Korean, European, American, or from anywhere else except maybe Antarctica.

I'm not sure why you would single out Koreans only.
Reply Quote
안녕하세요. GLHF]
[Insert an about equal game due to MMR]

Is more like how it will go.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]