StarCraft® II

HotS hero question

Hello first time poster,

Know how there are seasoned veteran hero units in the singleplayer in WoL like Jim Raynor for Marine, and in SC1 Sarah Kerrigan for ghost etc.

well Id like to know if there will be at least 1 veteran hero baneling in the campaign in HotS and if not why not
Reply Quote
Uhm...I don't think we'll have a hero baneling. Would be cool though. There are gonna be leaping banelings though. Hunterlings as I believe they were called.

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Evolution_pit
Edited by UltraNoob on 2/4/2013 7:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
Uhm...I don't think we'll have a hero baneling. Would be cool though. There are gonna be leaping banelings though. Hunterlings as I believe they were called.

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Evolution_pit

I personally don't see how it's possible because Banelings explode in attacking, so it's essentially a kamikaze.
Reply Quote
Destroy the enemy base.

Bob Baneling must survive.
Reply Quote
Destroy the enemy base.

Bob Baneling must survive.

Well if that's the case, just use other Banelings, keep Bob in the rear.
Reply Quote
Next: Heroic larva.

Seriously, disposable units make for poor hero units. Yeah, the assumed increased damage from a heroic baneling would likely be nice in campaign. I just don't see how a baneling can be a veteran of prior battles. If they survived, they didn't get involved in the fighting.
Reply Quote

Seriously, disposable units make for poor hero units. Yeah, the assumed increased damage from a heroic baneling would likely be nice in campaign. I just don't see how a baneling can be a veteran of prior battles. If they survived, they didn't get involved in the fighting.

Well outside of Kerrigan, the only other heroic units would have to be the Broodmothers, which I'm sure you'll get to use them at least once in the campaign.
Reply Quote
Abathur could be StarCraft's Anub'arak. That doesn't sound a too bad of a idea, especially, when there's that issue of him having "ulterior motives" verses Kerrigan's (although he'd be the villain hero) or he should he need to join a zerg engagement to collect specimens firsthand.
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Eroldren
Abathur could be StarCraft's Anub'arak. That doesn't sound a too bad of a idea, especially, when there's that issue of him having "ulterior motives" verses Kerrigan's (although he'd be the villain hero) or he should he need to join a zerg engagement to collect specimens firsthand.

Well Abathur would eventually question why Kerrigan wants revenge on Mengsk so bad...
Reply Quote
I believe a "Mama Roach" would be more interesting. Maybe have it be the first Zantar slug ever assimilated. It could spawn roaches from live birth, have a much larger carapace on the legs and have a swollen rear.
Or have a "Papa Overlord"...
:P
Reply Quote

Well Abathur would eventually question why Kerrigan wants revenge on Mengsk so bad...
I wasn't thinking of that issue. I was thinking more along the lines of Abathur being part of the old guard of the Swarm under the Overmind's will and their evolutionary master that maybe, maybe he's somehow connected with the Dark Voice. And perhaps down the line he goes rogue on Kerrigan and make his own Renegade Swarm however it latter subjugated under/imparted over to the DV/Hybrid's control.

A doubtful "What If" wish but what if a new specialized and sentient Torrasque brood leaders similar to Old Wise Torrasque could be created? It seem like a interesting zerg topic to revisit in HotS.
Edited by Eroldren on 2/5/2013 5:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 05:25 PMPosted by Eroldren

I wasn't thinking of that issue. I was thinking more along the lines of Abathur being part of the old guard of the Swarm under the Overmind's will and their evolutionary master that maybe, maybe he's somehow connected with the Dark Voice. And perhaps down the line he goes rogue on Kerrigan and make his own Renegade Swarm however it latter subjugated under/imparted over to the DV/Hybrid's control.

A doubtful "What If" wish but what if a new specialized and sentient Torrasque brood leaders similar to Old Wise Torrasque could be created? It seem like a interesting zerg topic to revisit in HotS.

It'd be interesting to see if Abathur could actually fight...
Reply Quote
If his background story still the same Abathur at least while feral in wake of the Overmind's death he managed to eat anything on Char that tried to attack him. So that shows he's plenty capable of defending himself let alone being a offensive unit. And if he'd not a HotS zerg hero unit at least I would like to see him put into Blizzard All-Stars.

However, the only matter I'm wondering on Abathur's hypothetical portrayal as a hero unit is just how long is the fellow? Would he constantly burrow when directed to move? Would his lower self swim beneath the ground? Based from the artwork on him and the Evolution Chamber floor it seems like he could be rather lengthy...
Reply Quote
If his background story still the same Abathur at least while feral in wake of the Overmind's death he managed to eat anything on Char that tried to attack him. So that shows he's plenty capable of defending himself let alone being a offensive unit. And if he'd not a HotS zerg hero unit at least I would like to see him put into Blizzard All-Stars.

However, the only matter I'm wondering on Abathur's hypothetical portrayal as a hero unit is just how long is the fellow? Would he constantly burrow when directed to move? Would his lower self swim beneath the ground? Based from the artwork on him and the Evolution Chamber floor it seems like he could be rather lengthy...

Strangely enough, even by this point, we haven't exactly heard what Abathur's voice is really like. Unlike Izsha, who does sound slightly like an adjutant...
Reply Quote
Hero baneling?

Do people sometimes stop to think before they post. No offense here but that defeats the purpose of a hero character since a baneling's attack is a one-time use, kamikaze attack...

So IF a baneling was a hero...he/she/it would be useless, just standing there looking pretty.
Reply Quote
Hero baneling?

Do people sometimes stop to think before they post. No offense here but that defeats the purpose of a hero character since a baneling's attack is a one-time use, kamikaze attack...

So IF a baneling was a hero...he/she/it would be useless, just standing there looking pretty.

Yeah, though Blizzard COULD do it as an April Fools day joke, JUST for the sake for us to see how it looks like
Reply Quote
They made Tomatolings back in BlizzCon 2011.
Reply Quote

Well outside of Kerrigan, the only other heroic units would have to be the Broodmothers, which I'm sure you'll get to use them at least once in the campaign.

When I read the OP's post, I thought of the old red units in SC/SC:BW. The souped up zerglings, hunter hydras, and the like. Wasn't really thinking of "story hero" units that have mission objectives about keeping them alive. I could be completely off, but that is what I got from it.

And folks, it was the OP's first post. Ease up a bit. It is nice to have fresh blood in here, rather than the same old faces. Good idea or bad idea, be a bit nicer to the newbies.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 12:55 PMPosted by UltraNoob
They made Tomatolings back in BlizzCon 2011.

I remember, and that's why it's still valid.
Reply Quote
Not so sure about a "hero" baneling, but I heard that units like the "Hunter Killer" Hydralisk, previously spotted in SC1, may make an appearance in HotS.

Keep in mind though, the hero units couldn't be built or replenished whatsoever, so it's hard to envision how a unit designed to die could be made as a "hero" unit.
Edited by DeathTeFirst on 2/20/2013 1:35 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]