StarCraft® II

Lore of Starcraft: Mengsk and the Dominion

MVP - StarCraft
The first episode of Lore of Starcraft is up!

http://youtu.be/qBfxlCe6jNU

It ended up being very long because our friend ragnarok had much more to share with us than I had anticipated. The topic meandered a bit, but we stayed true to our infamous fiend Arcturus and his busy, busy life since we first met him in the first Terran campaign.

For the next episode, we'll be focusing on another of Starcraft's greatest villains. Awaken, my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright. Know that I am...

The Overmind. Yes, the great biological god of the Zerg, the great and archaic speaking. We're already building the roster, and it looks like Ponera will be making a guest appearance!

Feel free to discuss the video, and the upcoming episode and the LoS series as well, here.
Edited by Doncroft on 2/2/2013 2:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
Already tweeted and posted :)
Reply Quote
Doncroft was stupidly excited for this series to kick off. They did a good job of tying lore to Earth history to figure out what is going on.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 02:09 PMPosted by Doncroft
The Overmind.

Which one? :P
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
02/02/2013 02:12 PMPosted by HeReTiC
The Overmind.

The original. The other one wasn't much of a character, was it?
Reply Quote
a guest appearance on my own channel...man I must be getting famous
Reply Quote

No, it died young.

Edit: If I recall correctly, it was enslaved by the UED and used to give them control over the entire Zerg Swarn. It's been some time and I don't remember if it was the first or second Overmind that they captured...

But it was killed by Zeratul after Kerrigan kidnapped Raszagal (who Zeratul later killed) and held her for ransom with the Overmind's death as her price, so you have a lot of thick, juicy lore there for sure.
Edited by HeReTiC on 2/2/2013 2:19 PM PST
Reply Quote

No, it died young.

Which is why you shouldn't do drugs kids.
Reply Quote
The Overmind sort of reminds me of Hitler in some ways. Except not as angry.

All hail the master Zerg race.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 02:09 PMPosted by Doncroft
The Overmind.
This is the one non-protoss thing that you could have said to get me incredibly excited for the next episode, i am crazily anticipating the next one already.
Reply Quote
The first episode of Lore of Starcraft is up!

http://youtu.be/qBfxlCe6jNU

It ended up being very long because our friend ragnarok had much more to share with us than I had anticipated. The topic meandered a bit, but we stayed true to our infamous fiend Arcturus and his busy, busy life since we first met him in the first Terran campaign.

For the next episode, we'll be focusing on another of Starcraft's greatest villains. Awaken, my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright. Know that I am...

The Overmind. Yes, the great biological god of the Zerg, the great and archaic speaking. We're already building the roster, and it looks like Ponera will be making a guest appearance!

Feel free to discuss the video, and the upcoming episode and the LoS series as well, here.

Fine, but you better not put the "Radio Free Zerg" part of it into the discussion. Back when I first heard it, I always felt the Xel'Naga created a hippie.
Reply Quote
"Very Long", eh? 40 minutes is nothing compared to watching the hosts of the TGS Podcast (live) for ~3 hours straight per episode. ;) *returns his attention back on LoS*
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
02/02/2013 02:34 PMPosted by Eroldren
"Very Long", eh? 40 minutes is nothing compared to watching the hosts of the TGS Podcast (live) for ~3 hours straight per episode. ;) *returns his attention back on LoS*

Thank you! That's very encouraging to me. :D
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Doncroft

Trust me, 40 min isn't all that long. Now, if the ep lasted 40 HOURS, THEN you can say it's a bit long...
Reply Quote
I should point out that 40 minutes is a kind of hard cap for episode length on the channel, so for the channel, 40 minutes is long, and once again, doncroft is correct.

Also, rangarok, your tone during this episode is very condescending, borderline hostile. Did we miss something? It seems as though you don't consider that the others have any clue what they are talking about. So did we miss something where they showed they didn't know what they were talking about?
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Doncroft

I stopped following them because of that BS :/
Reply Quote
stopped following US or them?
Reply Quote
aweosme first episode.... looking forward to more, maybe i can help out im decent with terran lore dont know much about the zerg or toss other then basic sc1 and bw stuff. i like the mengsk imrpession
Reply Quote

No problem man.

I should point out that 40 minutes is a kind of hard cap for episode length on the channel, so for the channel, 40 minutes is long, and once again, doncroft is correct.

Also, rangarok, your tone during this episode is very condescending, borderline hostile. Did we miss something? It seems as though you don't consider that the others have any clue what they are talking about. So did we miss something where they showed they didn't know what they were talking about?
From what I gathered from the rest of the other episodes ranging from 20 or 25 so minutes, yeah this one was a bit longer than most but it wasn't really too long either.

Although I kinda wish TopSecret and Boisterous had more input over Rangarok's. (It was strange, I was expecting a gruffy voice being associated to the name Rangarok. That image no longer the same or the new one lol.)

On the topic of Mengsk and the Dominion's foundation, I would like to say that I wish that Graham McNeill's I, Mengsk had explained why old Arcturus went down the route of becoming megalomaniacal. I mean that book showed plenty into his background and character but latter on was becoming a rebellion leader in the name of vengeance, pushing people's buttons and having refugees flocking over to the Sons of Korhal's banner enough for him to declare himself Emperor of a new government? Urg, I don't know, maybe its that simple and I'm keeping myself blind to it because I want a definitive explanation*.

*Like wanting another awesome Mengsk-centric followup book from Graham. :)

EDIT: Doncroft, your take on Mengsk's speech in the beginning seems like it was a younger Arcturus Mengsk reciting it. LOL.
Edited by Eroldren on 2/2/2013 4:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Congrats. I'll watch it later as long as I don't get distrac- OH WOW SOMETHING SHINY!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]