StarCraft® II

Game froze, but can play

Hi, was just playing a ladder game and the screen froze but I can still hear and issue commands. Not sure if I should put this in bug or not, but its weird and annoying. Like I can click the mini map and select "units" and send them to attack, but the screen is frozen and I can't see what I'm actually doing, can't open the menu either.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hi Genuine, I've seen a few cases of this happening recently. I would delete the Battle.net cache and Blizzard Entertainment folder first, and then run the Repair.

If this doesn't help, I'd submit a Bug Report.
I don't see the repair in the client, is there another way to access it? After I deleted the folders whenever I use the shortcut it defaults to the beta client (WoL still runs if I click play), not sure if that's relevant.
Reply Quote
Having the exact same issue - if you minimize (press windows key or ctrl+esc) and go back to game then the screen gets updated and you can continue playing

the sounds you hear are the game started; just that the screen is not being displayed (mouse cursor does move though - weird)

it's getting annoying though cause after it happens once it happens at the start of every game - especially going from the finding players screen to the loading screen, then from loading screen to the game, then from game to score board

please fix!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]