StarCraft® II

[Aesthetics] Viking and Oracle

MVP - SEA
I was just wondering. After watching the CGI Intro Cinematic for Heart of the Swarm, I had a new-found appreciation for Vikings. Why? Because they looked damn awesome in the video.

Here's the thing though, in-game, the Viking doesn't give the same impression, so to speak. IMO, it seems "fatter" or thicker than was shown in the video, especially during flight mode (where it looked like more of a fighter).

Anyway, my feedback is that maybe it's possible to have the Viking re-skinned or something? Not replace the whole skin, but just make it as cool as it looked in fighter-form in the cinematic.

Same goes for the Oracle; it looks really cool up close, but looks too bulbous from a top-ish POV.
Reply Quote
Cinematic and in-game graphics are not the same. Sadly, games (or computers) are not quite there yet. Maybe one day ;)
Reply Quote
MVP - SEA
02/10/2013 09:07 PMPosted by Fenix
Cinematic and in-game graphics are not the same. Sadly, games (or computers) are not quite there yet. Maybe one day ;)

Haha. I know. :(

Though I just really wish the in-game Viking wasn't so "fat".
Reply Quote
What settings do you play your game on? It might make them look a bit different. Other then that, the designers are going to have to make it less plump themselves, which I doubt they would want to take the time to do.

Aside from that, what does the ANZ mean next to your MVP title?
Reply Quote
100% agreed.
Reply Quote
I was just wondering. After watching the CGI Intro Cinematic for Heart of the Swarm, I had a new-found appreciation for Vikings. Why? Because they looked damn awesome in the video.

Here's the thing though, in-game, the Viking doesn't give the same impression, so to speak. IMO, it seems "fatter" or thicker than was shown in the video, especially during flight mode (where it looked like more of a fighter).

Anyway, my feedback is that maybe it's possible to have the Viking re-skinned or something? Not replace the whole skin, but just make it as cool as it looked in fighter-form in the cinematic.

Same goes for the Oracle; it looks really cool up close, but looks too bulbous from a top-ish POV.

Yes! All of my Yes. It would also be awsome if the new skin did a flip when it transformed. I would buy the expansion just for that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]