StarCraft® II

"ALL IN" Co-Op map

I been wanting to make an "ALL IN" Co-Op myself, would anyone be willing to help me out if I get any questions along the way?

My idea for the map is just a basic Co-Op of the map:
- Co-Op (2 Terran players)
- Difficulty Selector (Casual, Normal, Hard, Brutal)
- Having both the Air Version, and the Nydas Worms version in the same Map
- Both Players would be shared units, not individual.
- Player have access to all mercenaries
- Player has all Armory upgrades!
- Players Choose Lab Research via Science Station or possibly have all
I Need help on that last part, and possibly other parts such as adding a special harder then brutal difficulty called "Fatal". Le me know if you interested. I'm not looking for it to be #1 Co-Op map, just a CO-Op me and my buddy can play.
Reply Quote
Anyone still interested?
Reply Quote
You will get more and better replies by attempting to create the map and posting specific questions. There are several veteran mapmakers that frequent these forums, and are extremely helpful. Also, OneTwoSC has tutorials on youtube that I found to be almost too much to retain. The trick is to teach yourself what you can, and ask the community for the rest.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 05:52 AMPosted by SaintPatrick
You will get more and better replies by attempting to create the map and posting specific questions. There are several veteran mapmakers that frequent these forums, and are extremely helpful. Also, OneTwoSC has tutorials on youtube that I found to be almost too much to retain. The trick is to teach yourself what you can, and ask the community for the rest.

WoW, thanks for the tip :)

PS - sorry the reply was late.
Reply Quote
I'm too lazy to look up anything exact and specific right now, but here's what I can recall:

To have both players have shared control, there is a trigger you can set on Map Initialization. An action under "Player" that sets what type of alliance two players have, and one of the options is "ally with shared control." Set that between players 1 and 2.

As for Armory upgrades, you can set another trigger (just search the actions for the word "upgrade") that will set the level of a certain upgrade to an exact value for the target player. You'll have to manually search for all the armory upgrades you want them to have, but that should do it. Then you'll wanna copy each action and apply it to Player 2 as well. And again, all these actions should be made under the "Map Initialization" part of the triggers.

I hope this much helps.
Reply Quote
I'm too lazy to look up anything exact and specific right now, but here's what I can recall:

To have both players have shared control, there is a trigger you can set on Map Initialization. An action under "Player" that sets what type of alliance two players have, and one of the options is "ally with shared control." Set that between players 1 and 2.

As for Armory upgrades, you can set another trigger (just search the actions for the word "upgrade") that will set the level of a certain upgrade to an exact value for the target player. You'll have to manually search for all the armory upgrades you want them to have, but that should do it. Then you'll wanna copy each action and apply it to Player 2 as well. And again, all these actions should be made under the "Map Initialization" part of the triggers.

I hope this much helps.

thanks, it did!
Reply Quote
I am still trying to figure out how to beat the original on brutal,
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7979929582

Still planing on making this one come to life, Anyone interested?
Reply Quote
I can help
I have worked in many projects paid and free id be willing to help
Any incentives?
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 11:26 PMPosted by LegiT
I can help
Awesome!
I have worked in many projects paid and free
Well cool, but I'm not willing to pay anyone to help me on this map. Its a premade reconstructed version, Blizzard solely has credit for the idea of the map itself.
id be willing to help
Again, Are you willing to help for free?
Any incentives?
Incentives, well, its amp that players may find enjoyable, but again I'm not going to pay ya :) You could have the satisfaction that you helped a fellow map maker Finnish a project he started, I'd be grateful for your help and knowledge you put into the project,
Edited by JCarrillo on 6/16/2013 10:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
well it would be nice to get something out of it and im currently in a paid project so add me on skype
ralf missile and i can see what i can do
Reply Quote
Still planing on making this one come to life, Anyone interested?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]