StarCraft® II

AoS: Queen Featuring EG.iNcontroL

02/08/2013 05:59 PMPosted by zappy
Fonzy, where in nature do you see these intimidation spikes? Seriously. The chance of intimidation is not as valuable as having more killing machines. They intimidate things by having tons of them and being viscous. If you disagree, show me where in nature i'm wrong.

Besides the human race?
Where in nature do you have a species, besides humans, go conduct war for no other reason than extermination? The only species I can think of who conduct any sort of war would be ants(for you ponera). But they do not have human emotions or the ability to control their own evolutionary process. To try to be intimidating would be pointless. As ants do not have human emotions. Lings, hydras, and so on might be mindless beats, but brood queens and Kerrigan are most definitely not. And Kerrigan would most certainly understand a demoralized and terrified enemy is far less dangerous than one who is not. If zerg were just feral animals who evolved naturally you could be right. But that isn't the case. They are the way they are for a reason. So if you have a better answer for why the zerg would have spikes than because derp I would like to hear it. Why would Kerrigan evolve the zerg to have all these spikes if not to make the mere site of them strike fear into the hearts of her enemies? So far I am the only one who has provided a serious answer to that question other than blizzard is retarded.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 06:16 PMPosted by sfpDonFonzy
To try to be intimidating would be pointless.
STOP USING MY ARGUMENTS

If zerg were just feral animals who evolved naturally you could be right. But that isn't the case.
What?

So if you have a better answer for why the zerg would have spikes than because derp I would like to hear it
I don't. I am in fact arguing that it is pure derp.

So far I am the only one who has provided a serious answer to that question other than blizzard is retarded.
"serious"
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 06:42 PMPosted by zappy
STOP USING MY ARGUMENTS

Because ants wage war on... ants. If there was a zerg civil war fear wouldn't be a factor true. But humans unlike zerg can feel fear. And fear is a weapon when properly employed.

What?

The zerg race, or more specifically Kerrigan decides how the zerg evolve. Lings, Roaches, Ultras, were controlled evolutions that did not, and probably would not have, occurred naturally with without outside influence. I thought we had already established this about the zerg race.

I don't. I am in fact arguing that it is pure derp.

Well until you can provide a

serious

counter argument we are both wasting our time. And this is just easily in the top 5 of most futile arguments I have ever had on here.
Edited by sfpDonFonzy on 2/8/2013 6:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 06:55 PMPosted by sfpDonFonzy
Because ants wage war on... ants. If there was a zerg civil war fear wouldn't be a factor true. But humans unlike zerg can feel fear. And fear is a weapon when properly employed.
You know what else is a weapon? Weapons. Maybe instead of spikes they could just have more weapons. crazy thought, i know. Because you know what is really intimidating? Weapons. Weapons that are about to shred you. Not a ton of derp spikes that reduce the amount of opponents you are facing.

02/08/2013 06:55 PMPosted by sfpDonFonzy
counter argument
You are misrepresenting the argument. I am saying it is not worth having the spikes, not trying to convince you that the spikes are used for some other purpose.
Reply Quote
If the spikes were hollow and made with lesser quality biomass or w/e then you could still have three Zerglings instead of just two. You're assuming that the spikes are made of the exact same type or w/e biomass that the rest of the Zergling is made out of.
Edited by Fencar on 2/8/2013 10:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorny_dragon

Just gonna leave this here...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]