StarCraft® II

coffee and sc2

02/10/2013 10:55 AMPosted by JunFan
Your win loss ratio is 50/50 unless you're masters. So perhaps its just making you enjoy the game more which is fantastic! Good for you bro! Love coffee myself.

not true but whatever
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 10:25 AMPosted by HeReTiC
explanation of my beliefs

Woah, this is America; if you don't agree with me you are shoving your relgious doctrine at me!

My physics teacher went to BYU tho and is pretty cool.

Yay mormons :D
Reply Quote
Your win loss ratio is 50/50 unless you're masters. So perhaps its just making you enjoy the game more which is fantastic! Good for you bro! Love coffee myself.

That's not exactly true. If your skill level and MMR are both equal and stable, then yes, you will maintain something close to a 50% win rate; however, if something like caffeine increases your skill level, then you'll experience a higher win rate until your skill level once again matches your MMR.
Reply Quote
DirtyD
I'm going to write this before he does, because I will be much nicer than he ever would. HeReTiC specifically said-
02/10/2013 07:37 AMPosted by HeReTiC
we abstain from coffee and tea, as well. Caffeine is fine

He never said he didn't drink Coke or Diet Coke because of the caffeine. Which perfectly lines up with you saying-
02/10/2013 08:09 AMPosted by SonicRainbow
It is however ST

02/08/2013 05:44 PMPosted by HeReTiC
Coffee itself isn't a drug, but the caffeine it contains is a most definitely a drug. That may be misleading as caffeine doesn't have the same major negative health effects as other drugs, but it certainly can be addicting--and most Americans, I'd say, are hooked on it.

I'll let you figure out that one by yourself. Read before you type. It helps.
Reply Quote
DirtyD
I'm going to write this before he does, because I will be much nicer than he ever would. HeReTiC specifically said-
02/10/2013 07:37 AMPosted by HeReTiC
we abstain from coffee and tea, as well. Caffeine is fine

He never said he didn't drink Coke or Diet Coke because of the caffeine. Which perfectly lines up with you saying-
02/10/2013 08:09 AMPosted by SonicRainbow
It is however ST

02/08/2013 05:44 PMPosted by HeReTiC
Coffee itself isn't a drug, but the caffeine it contains is a most definitely a drug. That may be misleading as caffeine doesn't have the same major negative health effects as other drugs, but it certainly can be addicting--and most Americans, I'd say, are hooked on it.

Except HeReTiC never said that caffeine was banned. He just said that he thinks it's a drug.

Herp and derp.
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 11:33 AMPosted by SonicRainbow

You're comparing apples to oranges. I used the word "drug" in two different contexts. You don't think Tylenol, Ibuprofen, and Aspirin are banned by the Church, too, do you?
Edited by HeReTiC on 2/10/2013 11:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
Except HeReTiC never said that caffeine was banned. He just said that he thinks it's a drug.

Herp and derp.

If it's a drug then why does he drink Diet Coke?

edit: herp and derp
Edited by SonicRainbow on 2/10/2013 11:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 11:41 AMPosted by SonicRainbow

Diet Coke? Bleh. I drink the normal Coke.
Reply Quote

this is a huge misconception that i dont get how it is still floating around. mine is ~55% over 550ish games. and im not some baller or anything im a low-mid plat
Reply Quote

Herp and derp.

Except this is not even related to your initial accusation. Caffeine isn't banned. So HeReTiC can drink it. Even if he thinks it's a drug.

Your move.
Reply Quote

You're comparing apples to oranges. I used the word "drug" in two different contexts. You don't think Tylenol, Ibuprofen, and Aspirin are banned by the Church, too, do you?

this its not like they dont take antibiotics or tylenol..... they abstain from mind altering/recreational drugs.

also i can see how adderal is an issue with pro gamers.... i played online poekr professionally for like 3 years before it was banned in the US and a ton of online players were real into adderal at the time.
Edited by raiderryan on 2/10/2013 11:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
blitz

Herp and derp.

Except this is not even related to your initial accusation. Caffeine isn't banned. So HeReTiC can drink it. Even if he thinks it's a drug.

But if he doesn't drink coffee BECAUSE of the caffeine, wouldn't he be breaking his personal religious standards drinking COKE?

Check, your move.
Reply Quote
Mother of God....

What have I wroght?!

REPENT! REPENT! REPENT!

lol joking sorry Myke.

I never asked for this. I was just curious!

Well there goes one of my lives.
Reply Quote
blitz

Herp and derp.

But if he doesn't drink coffee BECAUSE of the caffeine, wouldn't he be breaking his personal religious standards drinking COKE?

Check, your move.

02/09/2013 09:14 PMPosted by HeReTiC
i knew lds members cant drink alcohol or do drugs, didnt know if coffee is just something your not supposed to drink or if its the caffeine. i guess its the coffee. one of my college roomates grew up lds although he started breaking some rules in college. he was a pretty calm dude and didnt party but he started to drink a little and had a girlfriend or 2. super nice guy still a good friend of mine

It's the coffee. In addition to abstaining from alcohol and drugs, we abstain from coffee and tea, as well. Caffeine is fine--even the Prophet drinks caffeine.

I'll let you figure that one by yourself. Read before you type. It helps.
Edited by blitz on 2/10/2013 12:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'll let you figure that one by yourself. Read before you type. It helps.

He said earlier he doesn't drink coffee because it has the addictive DRUG caffeine, right HeReTiC? If not please correct me. I see what your saying but ask him why he can't drink coffee. The caffeine.

02/10/2013 12:11 PMPosted by blitz
even the Prophet drinks caffeine.

false^ you think he would drink it but not allow it at his school? That's bs saying that it wouldn't sell enough at the school. Any college school would sell plenty of caffeine just fine.

points invalid blitz sorry.
Reply Quote
Guys, can we stop talking about religion and go back to the topic at hand? I'm sorry I ever asked O.O.
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 12:24 PMPosted by SonicRainbow
He said earlier he doesn't drink coffee because it has the addictive DRUG caffeine, right HeReTiC? If not please correct me. I see what your saying but ask him why he can't drink coffee. The caffeine.

Okay, I'll see if you can prove he said that.

false^ you think he would drink it but not allow it at his school? That's bs saying that it wouldn't sell enough at the school. Any college school would sell plenty of caffeine just fine.

"The LDS Church's health code, known as the Word of Wisdom, was issued in 1833 by Mormon founder Joseph Smith. It condemns alcohol, tobacco and "hot drinks," which church leaders have subsequently described only as "coffee and tea."

They say nothing about reasons for singling out those two drinks. Many members have presumed it's because they contain caffeine and thus eschewed any beverages — especially soda pops — containing the stimulant.

The LDS Church recently reiterated its longtime position that the only barred drinks were alcohol, coffee and tea. That left church-owned Brigham Young University having to explain why it did not serve or sell caffeinated colas. "There's no customer demand," school spokeswoman Carri Jenkins said. BYU students then launched a petition drive to exhibit the demand."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54959212-78/believe-bible-church-god.html.csp

And frankly, this isn't related to the main dispute. You're claiming that HeReTiC is contradicting himself by saying that he doesn't drink coffee yet drinks Coca-Cola. Yet HeReTiC has yet to say that he doesn't drink coffee because of the caffeine.

Check.
Edited by blitz on 2/10/2013 12:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 12:24 PMPosted by SonicRainbow
you think he would drink it but not allow it at his school?

It is allowed, it's just not sold...

Wow, you're stupid.
Reply Quote
The keyword here, is HOT DRINKS. Coke is not a hot drink so accroding to his doctrine, Coke is allowed where as Coffe/Tea is not. It could be of how the caffeine drug is used in the making of Coffee/Tea that makes it against the doctrine, where that same process is not used in cold drinks such as Coke.
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 12:53 PMPosted by Myke
The keyword here, is HOT DRINKS. Coke is not a hot drink so accroding to his doctrine, Coke is allowed where as Coffe/Tea is not. It could be of how the caffeine drug is used in the making of Coffee/Tea that makes it against the doctrine, where that same process is not used in cold drinks such as Coke.

Possible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]