StarCraft® II

Arcade maps won't load

When I select open games I get a list with some maps but not all. They are simply .... it varies as to how many don't load. If I try and join one that says ..... my client hangs and i have to log out and back in. I also get a loading wheel if I try bookmarks or recently played. If I try the browse button same thing only a few of the maps load the rest are ..... Any help would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This may be happening due to the current known issue with AUS/NZ/South East Asia regions and DNS service.

Can you do me a favor and provide me with some additional information?

• Run a traceroute to us.depot.battle.net 1119. You should be typing this in Terminal:
    traceroute us.depot.battle.net 1119 > ~/Desktop/tracert.txt
  • Telnet into us.depot.battle.net 1119. You should be typing this into Terminal:
    telnet depot.battle.net 1119

Post your results. Then try our workaround listed in the stickies.
Reply Quote
here is the result from the trace route

1 10.0.1.1 (10.0.1.1) 1.189 ms 1.311 ms 0.845 ms
2 cpe-121-219-5-189.lnse1.lon.bigpond.net.au (121.219.5.189) 3.551 ms 3.062 ms 2.196 ms
3 * * *
4 * * *
5 * * *
6 * * *

Not sure what the telnet did, looked like nothing happened.

For the workaround, if i am on a wireless network do i do the dns settings on the airport base station or my comp??

Thanks.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
You'll want to do it from your computer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]