HoTS Beta: Invalid Login Part 2

Before Typing Myke Simply read bud, I do NOT want my money back or anything at the end of the day I am still going to play HOTS, Getting into the beta is just a Perk. And yes ofcourse it is a Beta after all expect probelms and issues, I get that.

However if you recall they are giving away like a gift/promotion if you can even call it that? 3 character portraits are up for grabs, if you can get your race up to level 5 then you get a portrait for that specific race when the game launches. At one point in time this was NOT level 5, it was 30 however since when the BETA open! they had issues with the leveling system in the game, Guess what?! a compensation was made then. It was lowered from level 30 to level 5.

Thus bringing me to my question, will we see this be lowered down even more for those of us that have not had a chance to play it? or maybe they can give away these portraits to the accounts that are AFFECTED by this.

OR if you or anyone else has played the beta, a simple answer like "no worries Tac, it is very simple and quick to achieve level 5 in HOTS would of been good to."
Edited by Tactical on 2/11/2013 4:06 PM PST
@Tactical: A perk is a perk, does not require compensation. Got that? good, let's move on.

The Portraits(which I do want by the way) were level 30 but the change to Level 5 was not because of this issue. They felt(if I read it correctly) that grinding to level 30 was too much and because it is a beta, decided that level 5 would be the better option here. But this was BEFORE the current login issue. This was not compensation, but a decision made based on a variety of reasons.

No, the Portrait level requirements are not going to be lowered even further. I doubt it takes that long to get to level 5. The login issue will be resolved this week and you will have plenty of time to get your portraits. That, I am confident of. I do not want Portraits handed to me just because we had several days of not being able to log in.

Name me 1 game where getting to level 5 took more than a few hours?
Getting it here.

"Your account has no game accounts that can be used in this region. Are you using the correct client?"
Really surprised to log on today and see no update from Blizz about this.. 4 days and counting
Yes ofcourse it is NOT the same issue bud, However you are mistaken it was a problem with the leveling system, therefore the level was droped from level 30 to level 5.

We can therefore argue that "we" meaning that you, myself and others not being able to log in falls under the same pretentions "no"?

Leveling system broke down.... // Login system broke down? you see it's sorta kinda maybe close? hehe,

Anyway thank you for your input and suggestions.

Here the link bud.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/8528973/

However when they do say "leveling issues" does that mean that it was grindy and boring? and IF that is the case then I stand corrected sir.
Myke stop throwing tantrums at other gamers, and concentrate your efforts to something more productive such as blizzard staff. Or better yet get out of Silver league.
02/11/2013 04:16 PMPosted by rQvicious
Myke stop throwing tantrums at other gamers, and concentrate your efforts to something more productive such as blizzard staff. Or better yet get out of Silver league.

LOL! You think I'm throwing tantrums? Boy that's laughable. I guess you're incapable of reading on the internet. It's ok if you haven't graduated Elementary school yet. You will make mummy proud one day.

I guess you haven't noticed I have 2 threads that are made for this issue. My first thread was post capped and I made this one. So I'm already focusing my efforts. What are you doing? Just simple trolling. You're not even being constructive. "Get out of silver" Is that really supposed to be insulting? I see you cheesed your way into Masters. I'll be looking forward to seeing you plummet down to Bronze, because it's clear you have the mind set of one ;).
lol keep posting nice grammatically spelled sentences, its not gonna make you better at sc2..

Stop wearing sweatpants in public and smiling at children; creep.
I really don't care to get in the middle of these silly internet wars, but shouldn't we all just express our discontent that yes, the beta is inaccessible for a large majority of people who were given access recently. I, for one, am very annoyed, as the icon sat there taunting me all weekend.

However, railing at each other like it seems people have taken to doing, will do nothing productive. In fact, it's likely to get a thread locked by an official, due to aggressive posting.

Let's just all chill, take a breather, and maybe form a civilized group of gamers. It is now 7:30 PM EST. I'm not sure if Blizzard is EST or PST, but either way, the typical work day is almost over even on the pacific coast. I'd say we're gonna have at least another days wait before we hear anything. Let's go play WoL, or some other game (I've been playing Path of Exile personally), and check back tomorrow morning for updates.
another day another Your account has no game accounts that can be used in this region. Are you using the correct client?
Dunador

"They are still just looking into it."
Myke

You think that would have been the first thing they'd do 5 days ago.. By now i expected a fix.

Not to mention the only official response to the thousands of posts that have poured in; has been from a moderator who said something along the lines that they are aware of the problem, and that there is no estimated time of fix.

So go twiddle your thumbs and wait calmly for their response. While i stir up; much needed pressure to get this problem resolved.

I tried; but he wouldn't be rational.
Same here.
No update from Blizzard still? It's been 5 days...
lol keep posting nice grammatically spelled sentences, its not gonna make you better at sc2..

Stop wearing sweatpants in public and smiling at children; creep.

1: How you think grammar = skillz @ SC2 is beyond my high mental comprehension.

2: And now you're just pulling random insults out your !@#. How nice. Does mummy know it's past your bedtime little one?

I really don't care to get in the middle of these silly internet wars, but shouldn't we all just express our discontent that yes, the beta is inaccessible for a large majority of people who were given access recently. I, for one, am very annoyed, as the icon sat there taunting me all weekend.

However, railing at each other like it seems people have taken to doing, will do nothing productive. In fact, it's likely to get a thread locked by an official, due to aggressive posting.

Let's just all chill, take a breather, and maybe form a civilized group of gamers. It is now 7:30 PM EST. I'm not sure if Blizzard is EST or PST, but either way, the typical work day is almost over even on the pacific coast. I'd say we're gonna have at least another days wait before we hear anything. Let's go play WoL, or some other game (I've been playing Path of Exile personally), and check back tomorrow morning for updates.

I have no issues with remaining respectful. However, rQvicious has decided to be completely retarded and state "he will make noise" which will do nothing to help the situation where as I have accumilated 2 threads full of people having the issues for Blizzard to keep a track of. Since I told him to act like an adult and not like a 12 yr old throwing a tantrum since he cannot enter the Beta, he's taken to cheap insults. I'm only returning what's being thrown at me.

Dunador

"They are still just looking into it."
Myke

You think that would have been the first thing they'd do 5 days ago.. By now i expected a fix.

Not to mention the only official response to the thousands of posts that have poured in; has been from a moderator who said something along the lines that they are aware of the problem, and that there is no estimated time of fix.

So go twiddle your thumbs and wait calmly for their response. While i stir up; much needed pressure to get this problem resolved.

I tried; but he wouldn't be rational.

LOL! Anyone here can see that you are anything but rantional.
Same problem -

02/11/2013 04:33 PMPosted by Zil
Your account has no game accounts that can be used in this region. Are you using the correct client?
it would be nice if the company that generated 4.7billion dollars in revenue with 7.7k employees (in 2011) could fix this problem you know...within a reasonable amount of time, its been well over a week for me.

kind of annoyed considering the beta ends in two weeks (yeayea launch is like a week later inb4 that garbage excuse) not to mention i just sat through a snow storm this weekend and would have loved to play some hots beta.
Edited by foamy on 2/11/2013 5:01 PM PST
Day 5 still no update?
Community Manager
I wanted to take a few minutes to provide you all with an update. Over the weekend, we found that players who claimed a Heart of the Swarm beta key on the Battle.net Account Management page were not appropriately flagged for the beta. We are currently in the process of implementing a resolution for players who have not yet redeemed their keys; however, we will need additional time to reflag the accounts that were not initially granted beta access. Once this resolution has been implemented, we will compile a list of each of the accounts affected by this issue and will be adding these accounts in the next beta wave which is currently scheduled to occur over the next few days.

Your continued patience has been greatly appreciated. We hope to see you all testing Heart of the Swarm soon.
I wanted to take a few minutes to provide you all with an update. Over the weekend, we found that players who claimed a Heart of the Swarm beta key on the Battle.net Account Management page were not appropriately flagged for the beta. We are currently in the process of implementing a resolution for players who have not yet redeemed their keys; however, we will need additional time to reflag the accounts that were not initially granted beta access. Once this resolution has been implemented, we will compile a list of each of the accounts affected by this issue and will be adding these accounts in the next beta wave which is currently scheduled to occur over the next few days.

Your continued patience has been greatly appreciated. We hope to see you all testing Heart of the Swarm soon.

finally
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]