StarCraft® II

I love low econ games who else loves those?

the games where u just scrapping to get units out after a base race and the game comes down to your descision making and micro rather than one big battle
Reply Quote
Incredibly stressful, but fun, I agree.
Reply Quote
I hate it and love it at the same time.
Reply Quote
TvT where both players lift off

oh lawdy
Reply Quote
I always win those. :D
Reply Quote
Oh god I love low econ games.
My favorite game to this day is a ZvZ

Both side had one base left with at most 3 Drones.
He had Roaches, with about 8 Infestors.
I had Roaches, with about 4 Infestors and 3 Ultralisk.
He's constantly poking at me with Infestors squads, and because his Roach count is higher I can't retaliate.

I just go to kill him with everything, apparently Ultralisk are really good against Roaches when they can't be stopped, and the Roaches can't move.
Reply Quote
Sometimes they piss me off. One game was a TvZ. I transitioned into Sky Terran - Had 8 Ravens and 13 BCs with maxed upgrades. He tries to spam corruptors, but I just yamato and Seeker the hell out of him. I constantly do Hellion runbys until he builds a bunch of spines. Then he runs out of gas so he literally builds 30+ Spores out in the middle of Daybreak (infront of the forward base near the watchtower on his side).
So I go around, kill everything he has. He builds about 20 lings and does a runby -- Kills all of my SCVs and orbitals save 1 orbital at 0 energy... Production completely gone. I eventually get the lings and he runs out of money completely, with no drones, but I have 1 muling OC, no production and I have to wait for the mule and then the SCV.
He's left with 7 Queens and about 30 spores. So I begin the meticulous task of double-yamato-ing every. single. damn. spore. Took me the better part of 20 minutes to do so, what with energy recharging, etc.
Reply Quote
I float money like crazy so I just take every expansion and make sure to build some kind of tech before the lair/hive goes down.

If you against Terran and he floats his CC, bling mines are a godsend.
Reply Quote
I think I win the prize

I was in a game with a zerg where we had a base race. I had 4 floating command centers and 21 ravens.

My only units were ravens. He had about 10 ultralisks and a few spine crawlers. The ultralisks had 6 Armour so it was only natural that the auto turrets did 1 damage to them.

I think I agreed to a draw for the sole reason that I was going on a trip the next day. Killing his units with ravens would have required me to spend a long time and sacrificing ravens to get something else out would have relied on him not checking around for buildings with his few remaining units. It was a mess to be sure.

Edit:// Ravens did not have seeker missile.

"Curse you hindsight"
Edited by Nasax on 2/10/2013 2:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
i love them, here are some replays

http://drop.sc/303769
hellion drop vs warpgate rush, you know it's low econ when you lose all your scvs, have to float out of your main base

http://drop.sc/303766
gas first vs proxy marauders
Reply Quote
Anyone remember MLG Anaheim 2011?
Reply Quote
I think I win the prize

I was in a game with a zerg where we had a base race. I had 4 floating command centers and 21 ravens.

My only units were ravens. He had about 10 ultralisks and a few spine crawlers. The ultralisks had 6 Armour so it was only natural that the auto turrets did 1 damage to them.

I think I agreed to a draw for the sole reason that I was going on a trip the next day. Killing his units with ravens would have required me to spend a long time and sacrificing ravens to get something else out would have relied on him not checking around for buildings with his few remaining units. It was a mess to be sure.

Edit:// Ravens did not have seeker missile.

"Curse you hindsight"

lol i think you would have missed your trip killing his ultras with the ravens
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 02:33 PMPosted by FinnTheHuman

best times of my life
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 12:36 PMPosted by Myke
I hate it and love it at the same time.
Reply Quote
I love 'em! But I also suck at them! Usually what happens is this: I wind up with formidable army with broodlords in it, but my only remaining structure is an uprooted spine or spore crawler. Somehow, he manages to dart in and pick off the crawler with a few units, and I lose. =p
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 12:38 PMPosted by VIPER
I always win those. :D

you little liar! our game earlier said otherwise! >:D

lol just jabbing at ya
Reply Quote
I lose every single time due to the fact the my micro is garbage and my decision making is even worse.

aka oh i see a stargate imma make 30 mutalisks and win. You can see how that turned out bad.
Reply Quote
You want low econ games?

Welcome to PvP.

02/10/2013 06:03 PMPosted by thehistorian
aka oh i see a stargate imma make 30 mutalisks and win. You can see how that turned out bad.

It's true that phoenix can kite mutas all day... But guess what?

Mutas sitting over a mineral line is still pretty good and will kill most of the probes before getting killed by the phoenix (which actually needs to attack THIRTEEN times to kill a muta, since the muta regens health. 15 seconds for 1 phoenix to kill a muta in HotS with the increased regen)
Reply Quote
Those are so so stressful.

But at the same time, extremely rewarding if you win.
Reply Quote

best times of my life

It's amazing what four Hellions could do back then. There needs to be more abusive playstyles like that.
Edited by FinnTheHuman on 2/11/2013 2:12 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]