Player commendations

Would you like to see a reward/ penalty for players who deserve such? I'm referring to a manner similar if not the EXACT same as dota 2. I personally am a huge fan of this.

what it is and why it works: You give a limited number of complaints so you have to be very careful who your complaining against. Also i'm assuming if the situation is investigated and it's found childish or irrelevant this could very well lower the credibility/ or amount of future complains. If the complaint is found to be true the player's account could receive warning notices/forum and or competition suspension/ temporary bans/ or even permanent banning. (they would then probably just buy another account but this would increase profit for blizzard AND hopefully teach them to correct their behavior)
This could also be a very effective method for dealing with map hackers (but you better be sure they're map hacking if your going to report them)
Players who report and are found correct could also receive commendations/ account accreditation from blizzard to further facilitate MORE cleaning of the community.

The commendation system also works brilliantly as a counter measure for the complaint system. If someone who has received a lot of commendations receives a complaint it can easily be overlooked. Players who have received a lot of commendations can also receive higher valued posts on the forums/ credibility, portraits, beta testing ect.......

Starcraft 2 can be an EXTREMELY frustrating game when you lose and you don't know why. It is also a dwelling pool for people who like to take out their short comings in real life on other players. I'm personally tired of seeing players rage, getting flamed back by equally immature kids and then quitting the game because this negative environment. It's bad for the player, it's a bad mentality to teach the opposing playing, and its bad for the community as a whole. We need to work to support each other and growing the game so that way it becomes bigger. With each rage quit and hate a player receives the community takes another chip away from its credibility in the esports community. I want SC2 to be that community again at mlg who is cheering the loudest, that the community is so possitive and pleasant players from all around will be drawn in. This is how we start this.

Then let us work together and stop cyber bullying guys :)
Edited by Wemakeheroes on 2/11/2013 1:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Wemakeheroes
Also i'm assuming if the situation is investigated and it's found childish or irrelevant this could very well lower the credibility/ or amount of future complains.

This is the fundamental problem.

No staff in the world I don't think is large enough to handle each complaint on a case by case basis to check if it was reported appropriately or not.

It is quite the pickle.
Reply Quote
Also i'm assuming if the situation is investigated and it's found childish or irrelevant this could very well lower the credibility/ or amount of future complains.

This is the fundamental problem.

No staff in the world I don't think is large enough to handle each complaint on a case by case basis to check if it was reported appropriately or not.

It is quite the pickle.

true but that's where the commendations come in. Also i'm quite close to management at my family business and i can GUARANTEE if blizzard took initiative on this it would grow their company immensely. While they would lose money on this, it would grow the community. You gain money on merchandising, future game buys, game referrals, and cross game transitions (WoW, Diablo 3, and SC2), more attendants to blizzcon, and just huge increases in value of blizzard across the board as a brand and how they are associated with their games.

I read that and i realize maybe i'm being over optimistic but i truly believe its time for someone to start believing in people and what we're capable of. Why are we making this world such a misable place to live when if we just invested that same energy into making it better EVERYONE would benefit. It's nonsensical to me....
Edited by Wemakeheroes on 2/11/2013 1:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 01:35 PMPosted by Wemakeheroes
Also i'm quite close to management at my family business and i can GUARANTEE if blizzard took initiative on this it would grow their company immensely.

The scale is the problem, and with a company as large as we are dealing with, it is impossible to manage.

However, it just means you have to go even smaller, to the players themselves. While a good Samaritan rating system can not be upheld, the way you carry yourself in-game and with out is up to you in the end.

Trying to make a difference, with out an obligation or any indication of it actually paying off, is the most worthy cause there is.
Reply Quote
The idea behind it is good but like fingr said it would be a logistical nightmare. Plus bm is funny when you learn to laugh it off.

They do need a much better system of dealing with map hacking as what they have currently is laughable
Edited by raiderryan on 2/11/2013 2:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
"Let me win or I'll report you for bad manners."
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 01:58 PMPosted by raiderryan
They do need a much better system of dealing with map hacking as what they have currently is laughable
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]