StarCraft® II

Why is LoL killing the starcraft community?

i really dont get what is so great about the game. I tried it and it was like playing with a bunch of 10 year old yelling at each other.......
Reply Quote
not this again. its 2 dif games. its free to play this is not. if you look at farmvill its beating both games prolly
Reply Quote
It's angry birds that's killing sc2 guys get your facts straight...
Reply Quote
Here we go again....
Edited by xoxin on 2/11/2013 3:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
If SC2 was free to play I wouldnt be surprised if it was as big as LoL. thing is, it isnt.

That being said, its not killing SC2, just not everyone wants to spend money on a game
Edited by Zerglor on 2/11/2013 3:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
STOP
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 03:16 PMPosted by TechNo
STOP
Reply Quote
STOP

^

Alright I'll bite. Last time, I swears it. I was gonna do this a little earlier, but then I saw my 6 year old cousin playing DMC3 and well, that was pretty amusing.

Anyways, it's not killing the SC2 community. They're different genres. Is it more popular than SC2? Sure. Mainly because, 1: it's free and 2: it's easier to play. Why does it rake in more viewers than SC2? Because more people play it, they feel that they can relate to it more than they can with SC2.

I've heard that a lot of people say that the $60 entry fee to get into SC2 is a non-factor, but I seriously disagree. Consider the reversed situation: If LoL had a $60 cost, or hell, let's cut that in half to $30, do you honestly think it would ever be as popular as it is today? I doubt it. My favourite part is how people are playing it for "free", and yet they spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on new heroes and skins. That's just great.
Edited by Delmin on 2/11/2013 3:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
Oh look, it's thread again.

LoL != RTS. Stop comparing the two.

LoL = Moba

SC2 = RTS.

Different genres.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 03:14 PMPosted by fingrknitter
It's angry birds that's killing sc2 guys get your facts straight...
Reply Quote
STOP

The moderators should delete a thread that includes:
  • LoL
    Sc2 dying
    LoL being popular is causing Sc2 to die
  • Edited by Zakarious on 2/11/2013 3:51 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    shtap!
    Reply Quote
    02/11/2013 03:09 PMPosted by shockerkey
    i really dont get what is so great about the game. I tried it and it was like playing with a bunch of 10 year old yelling at each other.......

LoL is killing only a part of SC2 community, the part that we don't want. The part that cannot grasp the concept of

Oh look, it's thread again.

LoL != RTS. Stop comparing the two.

LoL = Moba

SC2 = RTS.

Different genres.
    Reply Quote
    LoL forum community is horrendous. Worse than Starcraft 2's community. At least here I can have decent discussions.
    Reply Quote
    Just a quick question, how many SC2 pros have switched to LoL as of now?
    Reply Quote
    02/11/2013 04:13 PMPosted by SunnyD
    Just a quick question, how many SC2 pros have switched to LoL as of now?

Well there was Coca. And I think there was another one from Team Quantic I just can remember his name...
    Reply Quote
    02/11/2013 04:15 PMPosted by VIPER
    Well there was Coca. And I think there was another one from Team Quantic I just can remember his name...

*Stat Wars Quote*

"It is your -
    Reply Quote
    LoL is the cancer that is effectively killing Starcraft 2; QQ threads and "OMG NED MOAR LOL" threads are spreading like AIDS.
    Reply Quote
    02/11/2013 04:24 PMPosted by ScaryScarab

*Stat Wars Quote*

"It is your -

Father?
    Reply Quote
    02/11/2013 04:26 PMPosted by VIPER

*Stat Wars Quote*

"It is your -

Father?

*forcepalm*
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]