StarCraft® II

How to play Terran?

So im a Zerg/Toss player. Never really been playing Terran till now. I've been doing a couple Starcraft II personality quizzes and kept getting Terran on the results so i've decided to switch cept Terran build orders are really different than Toss and Zerg. Can anyone post a good build order below? Thanks. Well heres a basic one but i really need one till i reach 20 supply.
10 Supply Depot
13 Barracks
13 Refinery
......... the rest im clueless
Reply Quote
I'd recommend not playing terran. I love my terran, but they're frustrating as hell. You'll see what I mean when you start playing them.

I'd recommend skipping the refinery and going 1 rax expand.

10 supply depot
12 barracks (Twelve! Not thirteen! You messed with the natural order!)
16 orbital
16 depot
CC @400 minerals

After that you can transition how you want. I've listed a few common transitions. Just keep in mind: Nonstop marines, nonstop SCVs, and morph CCs into orbital commands ASAP, unless you intend to make it a planetary fortress instead. Plain command centers are bad, and the earliest time acceptable to build a Planetary is the third base when you're really struggling.

Drop 2 rax, then 2 gas. Tech lab + stim right away.
Factory / engi bay @100 gas (drop both at same time, start +1 attack)
Starport
Transition as needed.

2 gas
factory, reactor on barracks, start hellions!
starport
Do whatever.

Or if you're gutsy, build another command center before anything else. It means you're really vulnerable to attacks early on, but mid-late game you become really strong =)
Reply Quote
I'd recommend not playing terran. I love my terran, but they're frustrating as hell. You'll see what I mean when you start playing them.

I'd recommend skipping the refinery and going 1 rax expand.

10 supply depot
12 barracks (Twelve! Not thirteen! You messed with the natural order!)
16 orbital
16 depot
CC @400 minerals

After that you can transition how you want. I've listed a few common transitions. Just keep in mind: Nonstop marines, nonstop SCVs, and morph CCs into orbital commands ASAP, unless you intend to make it a planetary fortress instead. Plain command centers are bad, and the earliest time acceptable to build a Planetary is the third base when you're really struggling.

Drop 2 rax, then 2 gas. Tech lab + stim right away.
Factory / engi bay @100 gas (drop both at same time, start +1 attack)
Starport
Transition as needed.

2 gas
factory, reactor on barracks, start hellions!
starport
Do whatever.

Or if you're gutsy, build another command center before anything else. It means you're really vulnerable to attacks early on, but mid-late game you become really strong =)
Thanks for your help :) lol yep messed up on the 13 supply.
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 08:04 PMPosted by Allimiira

Well in all fairness everyone complains. Masters of all three races say the game is off on way or another. I think that's just the problem when you start hitting up against your natural skill cap.
Reply Quote

You're right. 4 consecutive losses as Protoss, 2 consecutive losses as Terran and lastly 3 consecutive wins as Zerg. Its really one sided. I guess I can't play Terran or Protoss and can play Zerg really well so yeah your right so I guess i'll stick with Zerg.
Reply Quote
The best thing to do to learn terran would be looking at filtersc : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3BEC8845BD92A381

He has a very good series about learning and it teaches you the macro of terran very well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]