StarCraft® II

PvZ Inbase Proxy hatch

How are you supposed to stop them? You HAVE to pull probes or you lose, they can keep canceling etc while they go 1 base roach and even if you have 3 cannons up they can pick them off and kill different buildings then go up your ramp, then if you somehow win which you won't simply based on how Zerg is designed the Zerg complains about how Protoss is the low apm race and how easy it is, ironic isn't it?

Anyway I can't wait for HOTS crappy Zergs that I play won't even get in gold by making 1 unit and a-moving mass roach.
Reply Quote
I'm Pretty sure building a cannon can help kill the hatch...
Reply Quote
How are you supposed to stop them? You HAVE to pull probes or you lose, they can keep canceling etc while they go 1 base roach and even if you have 3 cannons up they can pick them off and kill different buildings then go up your ramp, then if you somehow win which you won't simply based on how Zerg is designed the Zerg complains about how Protoss is the low apm race and how easy it is, ironic isn't it?

Anyway I can't wait for HOTS crappy Zergs that I play won't even get in gold by making 1 unit and a-moving mass roach.
Build 1 pylon and 2 cannons close to it and force a cancel, so ensure you time the cannons reasonably late before the completion of the hatch. If they don't cancel, it's a free hatch and you're ahead. GG.

Most importantly though, you should scout it as soon as the hatch goes down or shortly after. Don't use probes to try to kill the hatch, for sure.

PS:

Timing cannons close to the hatch completion allows you enough time to cancel at least 1 cannon.
Edited by Zamara on 2/11/2013 3:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Build 1 pylon and 2 cannons close to it and force a cancel, so ensure you time the cannons reasonably late before the completion of the hatch. If they don't cancel, it's a free hatch and you're ahead. GG.

Most importantly though, you should scout it as soon as the hatch goes down or shortly after. Don't use probes to try to kill the hatch, for sure.

PS:

Timing cannons close to the hatch completion allows you enough time to cancel at least 1 cannon.

This. Remember that a hatch costs 300 minerals. All you need to do is start two cannons (also 300) and time it out so that the cannons finish a little bit after the hatch does.
Reply Quote
Thanks guys, QQ thread :P

This. Remember that a hatch costs 300 minerals. All you need to do is start two cannons (also 300) and time it out so that the cannons finish a little bit after the hatch does.

I remember playing vs you in ladder, I like you :) lol
Reply Quote
In order to "time" the cannons, you should throw down the cannons when the hatchery has 900 HP. At that timing, the hatch will finish around 0.5 to 1 second before the cannons and you will be able to cancel cannons if he cancels hatch or he wont be able to cancel hatchery because he can't see cannons (unless overlord there, ofc).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]