StarCraft® II

Help me with Mutalisks T.T

I'm Protoss and have been having a tough time (In Heart of the Swarm) with dealing with large/increasing numbers of mutalisks.

Basically in WoL I would sort of soften them up slowly so they had less health each time they came back, but now they simply regen it all so I can't really do that any more.

Phoenix maybe? I feel like they aren't that good against, well, anything else..... So maybe not but if someone could help it would be much appreciated! :D

(Note: Yeah they're probably balanced, didn't say otherwise).
Reply Quote
I'm Protoss and have been having a tough time (In Heart of the Swarm) with dealing with large/increasing numbers of mutalisks.

Basically in WoL I would sort of soften them up slowly so they had less health each time they came back, but now they simply regen it all so I can't really do that any more.

Phoenix maybe? I feel like they aren't that good against, well, anything else..... So maybe not but if someone could help it would be much appreciated! :D

Don't Stalkers counter Mutas?

You could always press F12 in game to see the counter list.
Reply Quote
from the little bit of mutas ive gone against playing as toss i found void rays worked sure im low league but i recommend trying it atleast
Reply Quote

Don't Stalkers counter Mutas?

You could always press F12 in game to see the counter list.

though you are right, it's kind of hard because they can get in and do some damage each time. They will take a few volleys from my stalkers but then can come back with full health each time. It's fine if they don't know what they're doing (commit too much and lose mutas, or come back before full regen) but not otherwise
Reply Quote
I don't know much about HotS, but I'd recommend phoenix + ht/archons if he's committing to mass muta. Phoenixes can kite them all day, and storm + archon splash will massacre them if they ever clump to try and fight your mutas.
Reply Quote
blink stalkers.

if they build more transition into storm/archon.

phoenix completey crap on mutas in hots.
Edited by Enigma on 2/11/2013 5:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
I usually use storm and cannons to defend while i double or triple produce phoenixes and when i get roughly 1/3 to 1/2 as many phoenixes as he has mutas, i chase him away and attack his base.
Reply Quote
oh so the general trend is storm/archon with phoenix. I'll try this combo thanks everyone

play on, glhf :)
Reply Quote
Phoenix alone should do the job. With the +1 range buff it's even easier to micro against them and make even a few phoenix be incredibly efficient against mutas.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 06:05 PMPosted by Linkebungu
Phoenix alone should do the job. With the +1 range buff it's even easier to micro against them and make even a few phoenix be incredibly efficient against mutas.

Plus mutalisk cannot run from the phoenix without good micro.
Edited by ScaryScarab on 2/11/2013 6:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
carrier!!!!!!!
Seriously, carrier is the best counter to mutalisk
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]