StarCraft® II

Why does everyone here hate LoL?

Simply because people compare. imo starcraft 2 is way better in every way shape and form, but others have different aspects. i could also say how much i hate LoL but that does not contribute to much haha
Reply Quote
okay lets break this down simple.

LoL is not sc2.

Most LoL post on Sc2 are attempts too
1. Make sc2 like LoL
2. Claim Sc2 is dying due to LoL being more popular
3. Claim one game is better then another.

You can play both, I don't care. I also don't give a !@#$ about LoL, otherwise I would play lol or post on their forums.

I also don't want Sc2 to become lol, see "don't give a %^-* about LoL" for reasons why.

The two games are different and only have being both E-sports in common.

LoL is built to be more for casual, have constant perks that make you whip out visa to get, and those making it dump lots of money out to keep pros playing and people hopefully watching. It is also a team game, with no macro, just micro.

LoL is killing Sc2, about as badly as gLee is killing "the walking dead".

F2p, and trendy will get a good player base going for awhile, yet how sustainable is LoL? What will happen when the next "in" game arrives that is F2p? How long will it survive?

Such things I also don't give a !@#$ about, its LoL.

I find it odd anyone wonders why I don't give a %^-* about games that are not Sc2 on a sc2 forum.
Reply Quote
Because LoL has garbage graphics, the heroes can all be eventually traced back to ripoffs of Blizzard intellectual property, and a ton of trolls/flamers.

Although I (heart) trolls.
Edited by Gabriel on 2/15/2013 9:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
I don't hate it. I just personally have no interest in it or any DOTA style game. They bore me. In fact, I dislike the whole gamestyle. Too easy, too simplistic, and too easy to lose early on only to continue losing for a pointless half an hour. No personal responsibility for the team either.

I know a lot of people enjoy them, and that's fine.
Edited by Doncroft on 2/15/2013 9:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
Exactly what ProdofVoid said.

I am fine with people liking LoL, just they shouldn't talk about it in the Sc2 forum.
Reply Quote
They are agents sent from Riot to scoop up disgruntled SC2 players cuz they know we all have credit cards that can help maintain there F2P game.
Reply Quote
I played warcraft 3 in its hayday.

I also, from time to time I played dota.
As time went on, the dota players became more and more asinine, and more and more of the customs gam menu was dominated by 50% dota games. I personally considered dota ruining the custom games scene in wc3.

That said their were some Aeon of Strife type maps in warcraft three that I played a lot. Tides of Blood and battleships I considered far better than dota.

However, I have never gotten into LoL, it does interest me slightly, but I am keeping away because I have heard it's community is very much like that dota's was. And considering how many people who come to this forum to try and compare starcraft and lol and do so very, very poorly, I believe the rumors to be vindicated.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
I just watched some LoL VODs. My mistake. It bores me to tears. It's the same thing on the same map every game. Sure there's different heroes, but they're all doing the same gosh darn farming micro every game and...yeah. Not for me. No idea how people can get into that.

Funny thing is I don't play CoD, but I understand why people like it. I don't, but I understand. I don't understand the appeal of MOBAs. I suppose you could screw around with a team of 5 friends, but even then, you'd think it'd get redundant, monotonous, and longwinded really fast.
Reply Quote
I merely dislike the people who claim Starcraft is dying and will continue to if it doesn't become like LoL. I have played LoL and was bored to death. I mean, sure there were close calls, but nothing as exciting as Starcraft, IMO. Don't see how you can play or watch that same map with the same strats over and over. Whatever floats your boat though.
Reply Quote
Because its viewership is where starcraft coulda have/should have been.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
02/15/2013 10:16 AMPosted by Ender
I merely dislike the people who claim Starcraft is dying and will continue to if it doesn't become like LoL. I have played LoL and was bored to death. I mean, sure there were close calls, but nothing as exciting as Starcraft, IMO. Don't see how you can play or watch that same map with the same strats over and over. Whatever floats your boat though.

Word.
Reply Quote
LoL's a sandbox tier game. I mentally challenged Unicorn Could play that game well, Also I play HoN which is 100x times better:) *im biased in moba's i know*
Edited by SouthOnFire on 2/15/2013 10:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
I just watched some LoL VODs. My mistake. It bores me to tears. It's the same thing on the same map every game. Sure there's different heroes, but they're all doing the same gosh darn farming micro every game and...yeah. Not for me. No idea how people can get into that.

Funny thing is I don't play CoD, but I understand why people like it. I don't, but I understand. I don't understand the appeal of MOBAs. I suppose you could screw around with a team of 5 friends, but even then, you'd think it'd get redundant, monotonous, and longwinded really fast.

same can be said about any other games where one player/team is pitched against another, including starcraft.
the difference is the person who watches/plays it.
Reply Quote
Seems like more than half the players on LoL are under 15. I do play LoL, a lot.
Reply Quote
Dont hate lol, i just think its boring to play and really boring to watch. Yes i tried, both. And no its not because im bad at it, im horrible at sc2 and i like to play and watch it.
Reply Quote
Garbage game that ripped of Dota in wc3. League of Losers is what they should call it. The skill gap in the game is lower then bronze league skill gap. Also riot games is making others games so league of losers will get trashed eventually anyways. They already have problems balancing out heroes.

Trash game with no oc and bad skill gap.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]