StarCraft® II

The Gates of Hell (Planning&PRP)

What would you do to save your child? I made a deal with the Devil to keep my daughter. In return, I was sent to live at the Gates of Hell.

My name is Professor Christopher Williams. I am the head of the Hell’s Gates Research Facility.

I saved my daughter, but not my wife. I did the best I could; I just wish my best was better. My daughter is named Astrid-she is a psionic terran, meant to be in the Ghost Academy-except, I made a deal with the Dominion so that I could keep her. The deal was that I run a facility on one of the most dangerous planets in known Terran space. My daughter is safe with me today because of this deal I made. Too bad ‘safe’ is a relative term here…

(The above is temporary-I shall make the entire story at a later time.)

Welcome to Hell’s Gates Research Facility! You are either here because you are either:

A-A Scientist who is working on their own sub-project within the Facility.

You work day and night on your particular project, and often request for items or specimens to be brought to you to assist with your research.

B-A Militant who was hired to protect and serve the Facility.

Your job is to patrol the Perimeter and the Facility, and to make sure nothing zerg comes in or even out of the Facility Perimeter. Your job is to also perform missions that will benefit research at the Facility. Often times you act as the delivery men to the Superiors, bringing them the things they need from the missions you preform.

C-A Specimen who has been captured by the Facility who lives within the Central Habitation.

You are here to be experimented upon. The only safe place in the Facility for you is in the Central Habitation. Some days you are retrieved from there to be put into stasis, and then are poked, prodded, injected...and sometimes dissected or killed, for whatever purpose or reason.
Edited by Mockingjay on 2/13/2013 4:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
Welcome to my first roleplay!

Now, character-wise for this roleplay, I am going to allow you to be either of the following:

A Superior (Scientist), working under the Head in the Research Facility (You would be doing your own form of zerg research, your own side-project that the Head would come in and check on every now and then. Your project must first be approved by me before you can work on it in roleplay. You will need to include it in your application. You would be able to request from the Military Encampment

You get to choose how your Lab looks and what is in it. The same goes with your Living Quarters.

A Militant of some sort: This includes Marines, Ghosts, Marauders, Firebats, Reapers, just foot-soldiers. I do NOT want 23 Ghosts and only one Marine. I will be initially allowing two Ghosts, that number may change as roleplay goes on. (The small military encampment located west of the Facility is there for keeping zerg from the outside from coming in, and for keeping zerg on the inside from coming out. They are also there for set missions, as sometimes the Head (Or Superiors) may request for some sort of ‘thing’ (Gene Strands from a Spawning Pool, Particular Technology from a rival Facility, Etc.) to be retrieved from somewhere, whether it be on the planet itself or on some far-off world.

You get to choose how your living quarters looks. Sorry, not as cool as the Superior's custom labs, but hey, :P

I will be in need of a Commander/Captain of the Encampment, as well as a Bartender for the Bar that is in the Encampment.

A Specimen-This means some zerg-based (Per say, a Zergling, A Lurker, Infested, anything, even maybe some made up zerg creature if I approve it.) creature that may be living within the facility in the Central Habitat. You may also be a Specimen of a Superior if two of you co-ordinate how that all works. You would be able to plan to escape to a nearby (or far away!) Hive cluster (upon instinct), or maybe you would just want to cause as much mischief as you want (If you have some control over how you think), or maybe…your instincts would urge you to kill everyone in the Facility! Your ambitions are up to you; these are only thoughts and ideas.

You just get to choose where you live in the Central Habitation, whether it be in a hole or in the dying Hatchery, or wherever.

If you run any other character ideas by me, I may accept something outside these three character choices. (You better impress me if you want any hope for this.)

I will NOT allow any form of HYBRID in my ROLEPLAY. If I even see an application with any mention of HYBRIDS or MUTATIONS(Unless a specimen), I will punt the user who created the application OUT OF THE THREAD/disapprove them and ask them to change things in their application.

Also, I will NOT allow any of THESE:

A Protoss/Zerg Cross
A Terran/Protoss Cross
A Terran/Zerg Cross (Infested is fine)
A Terran/Protoss/Zerg Cross

THE SAME WILL HAPPEN AS EXPLAINED ABOVE.

APPLICATION FORMAT AS FOLLOWS:

Name:
Race:
Occupation (If any):
Description:
Personality:
History:
EXTRAS:
Gear (If Militant):
Project/Description of Project (If Scientist):
Breed (if zerg): (Here you put if you’re a Zergling, Baneling, or a Custom Breed-per say, a Ravager, a made-up breed.
Description of Breed (If Zerg and you choose Custom Breed):

YOU MUST BE ACCEPTED BY ME BEFORE YOU MAY START ROLEPLAYING! WE WILL NOT BEGIN ROLEPLAY UNTIL I SAYS SO! :P I will either notify you on here or on the deviantart Chat if you are accepted.

And we will DEFINATELY not start rping tonight. Probably sometime tomorrow after school after I look over apps, and if there is enough people.
Edited by Mockingjay on 2/12/2013 6:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
Locations:

Hell’s Gates Research Facility-Nestled on the planet Monsoon; named for the storms it suffers from year-round. The planet ranks third for planets with the most zerg activity, and now second since the fall of Char. The facility belongs to the Dominion, and is entirely dedicated to all branches of zerg research. The Facility itself was built around a dying Hatchery. To this day, the Hatchery is still living, (but only just, as they must keep the zerg structure weakened) and sits at the very heart of the massive circle-shaped Facility. The Facility’s main AI system is named QWERTY.

a. The Central Habitation-The Hatchery lives within this place, where most of the specimen captured for research is kept. The Habitation is very large, and is big enough to house a small colony of zerg comfortably. The Habitation has a large reinforced glass dome around it, which is then secured and strengthened with a specially made metal material called Zyphosteel-made to keep the zerg from breaking out, and from any zerg from breaking in (Zyphosteel is also something the entire facility contains, not just the Dome). Any access points into the Habitation are secured to the degree that, if even the slightest bit of stray foreign gas went through, someone would know about it. Each point is also has its own pair of Sentry Guns, to keep any curious Specimens away from the access point.

(No it is not possible to tunnel out of the Facility through here, zerg players. The Dome is half of the entire Sphere in the center of the facility. The other hemisphere of the Habitation is comprised of four feet of Zyphosteel-Nearly impossible to dig into unless you dedicated weeks and weeks to spitting acid or clawing into the wall.)

b. The Labs-Everything on the first floor of the Facility. The Labs curl around the circular Habitation like a ring. All of the halls have a subtle curve to them because of this, as well as the labs. Each lab is dedicated to some form of research, each with its own Superior which coordinates all work in the lab.

c. The Lower Labs (Rumored)-It is rumored that the darkest and sickest of experimentation is done in a level below the Research Facility. Nobody really knows for certain…except for the Head himself (And maybe his Daughter).

d. Sleeping/Living Quarters-Located on the second floor of the facility. This is where the Superiors and Head sleep live with their families. The lesser scientists also live and sleep here. This part of the facility has its own special security/AI system named KIRU, programmed by the Head.

e. Medbay-Located also on the second floor. Just imagine any other typical medbay in roleplay, and poof, you got this one. This is the only Medbay; there is not one in the Military Encampment.
Edited by Mockingjay on 2/13/2013 1:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Military Encampment-Stationed west of the Facility, within walking distance. All Military personnel spend most of their time here, when they're not patroling the halls of the Facility or the Perimeter (Or possibly screwing around or pokin around in the Facility).

a. Communications Center-Self-explanatory. A small building with many antennae sticking off the roof as well as satellite dishes. This is how the Facility keeps in touch with the Dominion. All comms for the Military run through here. ( basically, a great place to go to eavesdrop on other people’s conversations.)

b. Casey’s Bar-Named after the origional owner of the bar.It is the only bar within 200,000 light years of Monsoon. Receives monthly shipments to restock inventory, as it is often drained to the last drip by then.

c. Barracks-Contains sleeping quarters for the Military. This is where missions are received and where the

d. Ship Hanger-Where all ships needed for transport are located.

e. The Perimeter-Both the Military Encampment and Reserach Facility are surrounded by and protected by a solid metal electric fence. It keeps the smaller zerg out...but not the bigger stuff. There is only one point of entrance, which is very near the Military Encampment, as it too is west of the Facility.
Edited by Mockingjay on 2/12/2013 5:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'll join this in a bit. Don't have time to type up an app atm. Probably won't be all that active though, I've been busy as of late.
Reply Quote
Characters (Accepted):

^Dacder^
Name: Edmund "Ed" Alson.
Race: Terran/Caucasian
Occupation (If any): A superior
Description: 6'1, 185 pounds, decently muscular build. Medium length blonde hair, dark green eyes. Overall looks quite handsome and rather upper-class.

<Warhawk>

Name: Stefan Alexander
Race: terran
Occupation: "Perma-contracted Merc" (high-end dominion soldier)
Description: 6" / short cropped brown black hair / gray-blue eyes

<Jester>
Name: Subject #1353634
Race: Zerg
Description: No permanent form, mostly looks as female with red hair covering one eye and a pony tail. Her body has been known to change in the variety of ways, including blade arms, tendrils, and massive fists to other various weapons

<ShadowFury>

Name: Savage
Description: A Changeling that takes the shape of a humanoid with pitch black skin and glaring red eyes. Stands taller than almost all humans at the height of 6' 10" and is rather slender. He can change forms and often turns his right arm into a sharp blade in combat situations.
///
Name: Derek Aarde
Race: Terran
Description: He stands around 6' 3" and has shoulder-length black hair that is rather wild. He has blue eyes and a simply beard that doesn't hang off his face. He is slim and is fairly muscular from carrying around a lot of tech. He has a bored expression almost constantly, unless he finds something amusing or is angry, or has down something amazing with his work.

<KnarledOne>
Name: ~nameless~, specimen 32.
Race: Zerg...?
Description: A cross between a snake and a centipede, in the usual Zerg colors. Not particularly pretty except for its opal-like eyes.
///
Name: Martin Tchaikovsky.
Race: Terran.
Description: Bland. You wouldn't remember him if you met him in the street. If you met him in his lab, however, you would remember him. There, he gains an excitement and confidence that makes him practically glow from his feet to his wispy brown hair, and his entire five feet and nine inches seem to quiver with energy. Lately, though, he seems sort of distant, he always seems to be thinking of something in particular... he seems obsessed, but who knows by what.
///
Name: Rebecca Tchaikovsky
Race: Terran.
Description: Despite the name, she is Asian in appearance. She is respected xenobiologist Martin Tchaikovsky's foster sister. Very attractive. Slender and athletic.

<SlnderBurito>
Name: Zelia
Occupation: Distant Queen of the Central Habitation Hive Cluster
Description: Zelia's spots and eyes glow a teal color, and the tendrils on the back of her head have been severed. Besides this she is a normal Queen.

<Sixel>
Name: Donnie Zogson
Race: Terran/ Mixed (Asian/Caucasian)
Occupation: A Reaper of the Dominion, sent to gaurd the Hell's Gate's Research Facility.
Description: 5'8", 163 lbs, black hair but in a buzz cut (Don't want it stuck in the jetpacks now do we?) Brown eyes, and missing his left pointer finger in an unfortunate accident with his jetpack when he was a new recruit.

<Nukester>
Name: Acting Millitary Supervisor (AMS) Jones Commervac
Description: Bald, dark brown beard, dark brown eyes.Tall, average muscle, looks intimidating in uniform(s). Wears very nice trench coat.

<Zanon>
Name: Colonel Eric Anderson
Description: Senior officer at Hell's Gate Research Facility

<morrjo>

Name: Darren Losar
Description: Fairly thin build, approximately six feet tall.

<CrymsonRaven>
Name: Urkunde Kreatur
Description: Hazel eyes, glasses...... I guess that's it. Nothing to grand I guess. Not really anything I can think of at this time.

<Mockingjay>
Name: Prof. Christopher Williams
Occupation (If any): Head of Hell’s Gates Research Facility
Description: Tall, standing at 6’3”. Seems fairly fit. Has short brown hair, and wears thick-lensed glasses. You just about always find him running around in a lab coat with a long-sleeved black shirt under it, plus white pants. His pockets seem bottomless, as he has so much stuff crammed into normally.
///
Name: Astrid E. Williams
Description: 5’8”, so tall, and very skinny. Weights something like 120ish lbs. Has short, curly blonde hair, and vivid green eyes. Often has a hint of a smile on her face. Wears plainclothes, and a necklace with what looks like a green-tinted crystal hanging off it.

<smylez>
Name: Amber Kingston
Occupation (If any): Bartender
Description: Tan skinned, short hair black hair, 5'8", black eyes

<darkra>
Name: Richard
Description: This is what he wears:http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/re-op-rc-renders-02.jpg

<Owlfeathers>

Name: Ilthar
Gender: Male (I'm giving him a gender just to make it easier to write about in third person)Race: Zerg
Description: Somewhat resembles a cross between a Viper and a Defiler in certain aspects. Elongated, flattish body with a crest of diamond shaped overlapping plates along the back. The center of the body is a bit wider, sprouting two pairs of insectoid wings, the back pair being smaller. Pointed head with two faintly glowing green eyes in the shape of thin, long ovals. Tail resembles an inverted version of a scorpion's, arcing downward from the back of the body and ending in a hollow point. Capable of firing spines from the tail similar to a those of a Hydralisk, but with better range and accuracy and containing a chemical that crystallizes what it hits. Coloring is mostly olive green, with off-white membranous wings. No legs whatsoever, and capable of floating without the use of wings (used for propulsion, but not lift) due to lighter than air gas contained within the body. Approximately five meters long from head to tail, with a wingspan of three and a half meters.

<TheLostMorph>
Name: Rallen Aspiritas
Occupation (If any): Superior
Description: Shaggy brown hair, 5'11", Light build

<LeKroger>
Name: Greggor Ordin.
Description: Standard looking Marauder suit with marking all over to customize it, namely various chemical equations that are substances either explosive or corroding with one that is truly odd which happens to be the molecular formula for caffeine. Stands 7'5" in armor, out of armor he stands 6'4", Short blond hair, sapphire blue eyes, muscular build.

<Vasana>
Name: Xander McCain
Occupation (If any): Medical Research/ Chief Medical Officer
Description: Xander McCain is a 6’ 4” tall human with a clean shaven head. Upon first glance you may think he is a marine on base, but this is not so. If you were ever lucky enough to get a glimpse of his back, on his left shoulder you would see a tattoo of a Grizzly bear.

<Korozain>
Name: Zikkis
Subject: Z-0001-UB
Description: Black (with red stripes parallel along the sides of its abdomen) snake like creature with 2 arms that have 4 claws and an apposable-thumb-like claws. Six legs at the end of the tail that are sharp claws with no external appendages like toes. The subject has a mouth with rows of sharp teeth, and an external pair of pincers (that show mild resemblance to Kaiser Blades). It's eyes glow red, and the gas that it exhales can always be seen. (If exhaled gas is not seen for over 60 seconds, contact staff for immediate evaluation.) It also has razor sharp spines protruding from its vertebra. The elbow joints also have similar, smaller black hooked spines protruding from them.

<Zarkun>
Name: Jake Hunter
Occupation (If any): Mercenary
Description: 6’ even, sun-tanned skin, skinny, but muscular, dark, almost black, hair, hazel eyes. Has a scar on his right eye from engaging a Hydralisk in hand-to-hand combat.

Total: 20 Participants.

PLEASE TELL ME IF YOUR CHARACTER IS NOT PART OF THIS LIST!
Edited by Mockingjay on 2/14/2013 7:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
EXTRA INFO:

Every member of Staff has a wristband. They are white, with a different colored stripe in the middle of it. It acts as an ID; a communicator; and a device capable of data-transfer. It is much like a small; simplistic computer.

Superiors have one that is white with a black stripe. (Black=Research/Science Personnel)
Militants have one that is black with a red stripe. (Red=Military Personnel)
The Bartender has one that is white with a purple stripe. (Purple=Civilian)
The Medical Officer has one that is white with a blue stripe. (Blue=Medical Personnel)
The Head and his Daughter have one that is white with a gray stripe; with the above capabilities, as well as access to the main AI systems of the Facility. (Gray=Admin)

(MORE MAY BE ADDED; STAY TUNED.)

THE EVER-CHANGING LIST OF RULES.

1. NO HYBRIDS. They are defined above in the intro to the rp.
2. NO RP CROSS OVERS. I want this to be an independant roleplay.
3. NO BEING OP. Please. This is frustraiting and annoying.
4. NO META GAMING. Please. Same as above.
5. TRY NOT TO RECYCLE CHARACTERS. Try to be original as well. Please.
6. RULES MAY BE ADDED. THIS WILL MOST LIKELY BECOME MY MASTER RULE SHEET IN THE FUTURE FOR OTHER RPS I MAY CREATE.
Edited by Mockingjay on 2/14/2013 5:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'll figure out a app for tomorrow, to tired to make one right now. XD
But I can't decide if I want to do a Soldier, Scientist, or Zerg... Might rehash Bryant again and make him completely different. Where he isn't the same person but kinda the same profession and etc. Different background.... And I know what kind of research I should have him do.
Reply Quote
<DarkRa>
Name: "Richard"
Race: Zerg cross breed
Description: Wears a spectre suit
Personality: Insane and unpredictable
History: ???
Gear (If Militant): Spectre suit
Breed (if zerg): he was once a spectre before he was infected by the zerg but before his transformation could be completed the Terrazine within his body seemed to react with the new zerg chemicals of his cacoon causing the Terrazine to become 10 times more effective causing an overdose. He was a pyrotechnic so his powers were enhanced but at the cost of his sanity. He murdered his brood and the scientists captured him
Description of Breed (If Zerg and you choose Custom Breed): in the same lines as kerrigan with the ability of free will and control over simpler lesser zerg.
Edited by darkra on 2/12/2013 6:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
^Dacder^
Name: Edmund "Ed" Alson.
Race: Terran/Caucasian.
Occupation (If any): A superior.
Description: 6'1, 185 pounds, decently muscular build. Medium length blonde hair, dark green eyes. Overall looks quite handsome and rather upper-class.
Personality: Obsessive with his projects, he enjoys companionship, particularly female, but is shy and not very outgoing. He is a huge fan of science, loving his job, and obsessed with the different things he could get from it. He wishes only to do well, and now has the opportunity.
History: Attended high school, and scoring a nigh-impossible 5.0 GPA all 4 years. He scored a perfect on his SAT and his ACT, and so was accepted to New Cambridge. He majored in bio-chemical engineering, and graduated with honors at the head of his class after 4 years. He immediately joined a Dominion research project, and has just now decided on his research project.

EXTRAS: Has a tested IQ of 232. This is reported to be either the eighth or the twelfth highest IQ rating of any living Terran. Unlike some of his mental capacity, he has no psionic potential. he studied under Dr. Nickelson, and hugely successful and highly regarded Bio-engineer. He played football during his junior year in high school, but was pulled out due to risk of injury his senior year.
Project/Description of Project (If Scientist): To engineer a biological super weapon out of known Zerg substances combined with other chemical compounds. Goal: To create a weapon of mass destruction that, if needed, can do major damage to [DATA NOT AVAILABLE] in the instance of [DATA NOT AVAILABLE].
Edited by Dacder on 2/12/2013 7:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
<Warhawk>
Name: Stefan Alexander
Race: terran
Occupation: "Perma-contracted Merc" (high-end dominion soldier)
Description: 6" / short cropped brown black hair / gray-blue eyes
Personality: (will develop as I write)
History: A former confederate marine, he joined the the newly formed Dominion shortly after the fall of Tarsonis. Quickly rising through the ranks, he gained access to advanced custom equipment, thanks to his loyalty to the Dominion and effectiveness as a solider.
Gear: Custom CMC armor (WoL War Pig), Gauss battle rifle (Increased range and accuracy), 55 cal auto-pistol with armor-piercing frag rounds (Lethal to lightly armored targets) 12" combat blade.

NOTE:
I am planning on having something go horribly for Stefan. (turns out to be a low level psychic, screws up horribly while on a mission or guard duty, etc.) As a result he'll end up serving as a low level experiment... (I've got more plans for this as well.)

For those who recognize the name from SS; yes, this the same Stefan...
Edited by Warhawk on 2/12/2013 6:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 06:06 PMPosted by darkra
pyrotechnic

Pyrokinetic. A pyrotechnic is so very different.
Reply Quote
I'll get a sheet up ... soon ish maybe trying to decide between the choices
Reply Quote
@Darkra
....No. I am sorry. But NO.

(In the process of breaking down what is wrong)

@Dacder
Yes. Very nice, :) You are accepted.

@Warhawk
Looks nice so far, :P
Edited by Mockingjay on 2/12/2013 6:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
Sooo..... Char accepted?...
Reply Quote
@Warhawk. As of now. Yes.
Reply Quote
Name: Subject #1353634
Race: Infested
Occupation (If any): Test Subject
Description: No permanent form, mostly looks as female with red hair covering one eye and a pony tail. Her body has been known to change in the variety of ways, including blade arms, tendrils, and massive fists to other various weapons
Personality: Hostile
History: History unknown, subject was infected at unknown date and brought to the facility after severely damaging a whole company of Dominion Troops. Notes are attacted to give subject extreme caution when taking samples or testing reactions.
Breed (if zerg): Infested
Description of Breed (If Zerg and you choose Custom Breed):
Reply Quote
Sweet!

Now I can start planning all the horrible crap this guy's going to go through...

BWAH HAW HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hem. pardon me.
Reply Quote
Name: Savage
Description: A Chagenling that takes the shape of a humanoid with pitch black skin and glaring red eyes. Stands taller than almost all humans at the height of 6' 10" and is rather slender. He can change forms and often turns his right arm into a sharp blade in combat situations.
Personality: As his names suggest, he is savage and quite hateful. He works for himself, but is rather intelligent even though he is primal and altogether bloodthirsty. He will work for other if it benefits himself in quite the way, but often quite literally back stabs them when they no longer are useful.

History: The history of Savage is rather cloudy. He was birthed differently than, well, almost every Changeling. In fact he was born within a cryotube. Some of his DNA was taken from rather questionable sources, which is the primary reason for his sentience and the fact that he has not died, yet. He escaped, was captured again, he broke out, killing many and discovering his powers and absorbing the ones he killed. He was then captured when he thought he finally found a place where no one would try to take him and experiment on him, a place where he could kill in peace.

EXTRAS: Savage must absorb the DNA of others into himself to sustain himself regularly due to the rapid deterioration of Changeling. He can last about a day in between the feeding, but his transformation skills get weaker and slower the longer he goes without, only his two standard forms can be taken easily whenever. If in a place where the deterioration of cells is slowed, such as a stasis unit he will require the absorption of energy more often, thus making it a little more expensive to study him.

Breed: Changeling
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]