StarCraft® II

New Features Coming in 2.0.4 – Download Now!

looking forward to this
please make me viable to spread creep on ledge :D
Reply Quote
Initially I wasnt please about the P2P going on in the background with this download, but since you are actively hiding our IP address with it; im ok with it. Its ok to be greedy, as long as your thoughtful about it, lolz
Reply Quote
Why bother patching Wings of Liberty when HoTS is so close??
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 06:45 PMPosted by DRTsorak
Why bother patching Wings of Liberty when HoTS is so close??

Because both games will share the same client and youll be able to change games at the click of a button.
Reply Quote
i DL'd a huge HotS patach, but haven't had anything signficiant for WoL. should i be concerned about any potential technical issues here?
Reply Quote
It says background download enabled but no download bar for me - is it because I don't need since I have HotS beta?
Reply Quote
The launcher doesn't appear to be downloading anything for me.

http://i.imgur.com/SlCAn7y.png?1

What do?

Check your task manager.

http://imgur.com/iuKLUlU
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 09:21 PMPosted by Dustin
It says background download enabled but no download bar for me - is it because I don't need since I have HotS beta?

Also, when you open the launcher, it should say 'downloading data for an upcoming patch' with no bar.
Reply Quote
Is it too much to ask for a freaking status bar....seriously...
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
02/13/2013 09:20 AMPosted by Tyrant

I believe the idea was that they didn't want players to feel like they had to finish the download before playing; which they might if there was a progress bar that is not full. You can still check download progress quite easily this way in connection info.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 06:55 PMPosted by CrazyBread
Because both games will share the same client and youll be able to change games at the click of a button.

It may look like choosing from playing SC original or SC:BW on the single player and multiplayer modes of SC1. (Who have Brood War will know what I'm saying)
Reply Quote
I'm very glad to know WoL will finally had these features.

But what I'm very worried about is that in 2010, it was announced over and over again that Wings of Liberty could be played offline. And indeed, I played the campaign and vs AI games for many hours because we only have one internet connection at home, and my wife needs it to work.

But since recently, I think patch 1.5, I cannot play offline anymore. This feels like being cheated. Why can't I play the game offline, if when I bought it, it was announced that I could play it like that?

Of course, you do know that if I don't have an internet connection... I can't log in, and then disconnect. Because I don't have a connection!

I know you guys at Blizzard had been pretty clear about we needing to log in to play HotS. No problem. But that wasn't the deal with WoL. Could you please do the right thing and give me offline mode back?
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 09:43 AMPosted by TheSkunk

I believe the idea was that they didn't want players to feel like they had to finish the download before playing; which they might if there was a progress bar that is not full. You can still check download progress quite easily this way in connection info.

Depsite the fact that they annouced this and its good that they did. I do not like downloading things in "secret" its not cool with me. Now I understand they want to ease everyone into the patch but I honestly dont like them being sneaky about it. (again I know they annouced it but how many could they get away with NOT annoucing) this kind of practice needs to stop.
Reply Quote
Depsite the fact that they annouced this and its good that they did. I do not like downloading things in "secret" its not cool with me. Now I understand they want to ease everyone into the patch but I honestly dont like them being sneaky about it. (again I know they annouced it but how many could they get away with NOT annoucing) this kind of practice needs to stop.

What is the problem with it?
It is the first and probably the only time they will do something like this.
It isn't like it will destroy your computer or something.
Reply Quote
Will this patch be on the HotS disk? If so, why download it? I have limited bandwidth and really dont want to waste it downloading something I'm going to get when I get HotS anyway. More information about the nature of this patch (rather than what it does) would be nice.

If this isn't on the HotS disk, then you're saying Blizz that I need to download 6gb for a patch that patches WoL (and as such, indirectly patches HotS) when I'm not going to be playing WoL once HotS hits anyway?
Edited by Cujo on 2/13/2013 7:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Zakarious

What is the problem with it?
It is the first and probably the only time they will do something like this.
It isn't like it will destroy your computer or something.

First that you know of. It would be very simple to use blizzard as a gateway for someone with malicious software and upload it secretly to you computer and steal information. Or is this fact lost on people...And if you think it cant happen look how easy things have been hacked in the past. Just sayin.
Reply Quote
Balance and new features (new creep spread) or just UI at this stage, Blizz? Please get us some notes. Cheers.
Reply Quote
I'm still very disappointed that they're forcing this download on people. 6BG is an entire game (models, textures, cinematics, etc). For those who buy the DVD, they should be able to install the game straight from there. For those who don't plan to buy the game (or who plan to do it later), this shouldn't be forced on them. Also consider those with limited internet connections or those who pay by usage: they're not only forced to download this but also to upload to others (torrent) via Blizzard's client. Unless I'm very mistaken about the content, this is incredibly rude and inconsiderate of Blizzard.
Edited by gamecreator on 2/14/2013 7:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
It is a bit inconsiderate considering there was no notice or request for agreement for the initiation of the download. Right now my info screen says 10.5GB out of 14.6GB and I couldn't tell you when it started, as I just opened my launcher for the first time in 20 hours.
Reply Quote
I have a question: I install starcraft 2 on both of my pc and laptop, and until now only the pc that download the update to 98%.

can i move unfinished update data from my pc to my laptop so when i connect my laptop in public wifi i can download only the same 2% part is missing from the patch?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]