[HotS] Force-disable Simplified Command Card?

MVP - StarCraft
Forgive me if this has been brought up before; but with Simplified Command Card enabled in HotS it hides all but the lowest part of the command card.

That means if you have abilities on the second row (something that doesn't occur in ladder) they are completely inaccessible to players with this option on.

Is there a way to disable this on a unit-by-unit or map basis?
Reply Quote
Developer
Yes, there will be a trigger available in the 2.0 patch that can override the value of an option per player. It's just not available in the current beta version.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Yeah, I thought I had heard that mentioned in regards to "enable selecting enemy units" but I hadn't realized it applied to all game options. Thanks!
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Tyrran
Yes, there will be a trigger available in the 2.0 patch that can override the value of an option per player. It's just not available in the current beta version.

Hi,

does that incluce a force enemy selection enabled option?
Reply Quote
Developer
Yes, you'll be able to override all of the gameplay options using this mechanism. The changes won't modify your own settings; they will be restored when you leave the map.

You can still change your options in the options screen even if they have been overridden, but the game won't look at the new values until the override is removed (either by triggers or by leaving the map).
Reply Quote
Very cool, thanks for the quick reply.

Any idea how the function will be called within the editor so we know what to search for?
Reply Quote
Developer
It will be called "Override Player Option".

I double checked and it will actually disable the UI in the options menu for any option that has been overridden just so it is clear that has happened.
Reply Quote
Thanks, looking forward to patch 2.0.4 now. :)
Reply Quote
Good to hear this, thank you Tyrran.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]