StarCraft® II

RP idea thread

The fighter pilot idea would definitely be different. That's for sure.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 08:06 PMPosted by Zarkun
Mark, if Blizz was as picky as you, they wouldn't be nearly as successful. Would you give the other RPs a chance?

Calm down, alright? I'm a sci-fi guy, not a "Look at me, I'm killing Demons in hell" kind of guy.

02/18/2013 08:06 PMPosted by Zarkun
Edit-And stop derailing the thread. And give your own Ideas, not just redo ideas.

War actually brought that up, I just told him when I was going to do redo it. Everything I posted was a reply to him. As a matter of fact, I actually intentionally didn't reply to him the last time in fear of pissing everyone off.
Reply Quote
I was mainly talking to war in that second one, Mark. And the first part was worded the way it was because you complain about not being in an RP, and yet there are plenty to join. Rather than say, "That is sci-fi, so it must have Demons in it," join it and try it. You've missed a lot of fun RPs.
Reply Quote
Mark, whoopde!@#$ingdo.
Sorry, but just move on.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Damnit, more music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U6lWBHOGN0
Edited by Warhawk on 2/18/2013 9:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
Lol, how do I always manage to piss everybody off when I don't do anything? Zarkun, I wasn't complaining! If anything, you are the one "harassing" me for lack of a better term.
Reply Quote
Sigh, let's just get back to RP ideas, k?

Sorry 'bout that last bit Mark, it's just you can be so freaking annoying every now and then, plus I'm in a no !@#$s given kind of mood. *shrug*

And more bloody music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh3wGiTtjDw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnnmcKaZN9A&list=UUCPZaars-rszINXhvmggd7Q
Edited by Warhawk on 2/18/2013 9:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
I would very much like a PKA remake.

Another idea of mine is a non-war focused RP. Less fighting, and more interaction/sub-plots/development/relationships sort of thing. A more social RP.

Also: You want epic music? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASj81daun5Q
Edited by Dacder on 2/18/2013 9:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ah, yes. TSFH. Badassery incarnate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNCo1h01DG8&list=UUCPZaars-rszINXhvmggd7Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjNmE25s9WM&list=UUCPZaars-rszINXhvmggd7Q
Edited by Warhawk on 2/18/2013 9:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
That sounds like an idea that requires older characters. Issue is, most of them have fighting history and not to mention that the issue with new characters is that someone like me has too many characters.
Reply Quote
A summery of the current ideas:

PKA redux/sequel

Darkest Heart redux

Some sort of Sci-Fi epic. (Space Opera esque)

Take the universe concept behind Leviathan (an alt steampunk WWI with advanced steam walkers and airships on the axis side (Clankers) and advanced bioengineered creatures on the allied side (Darwinists).) Take this and set it in a near future post apocalypse setting.

A Homestuck RP (HBRB's idea, not mine)

A fighter pilot RP

Another idea of mine is a non-war focused RP. Less fighting, and more interaction/sub-plots/development/relationships sort of thing. A more social RP.

A team of Dominion wranglers are tasked to hunt down potential but elusive psionics and bring them into the Ghost Academy.

Pre-SC2 conflict between the Dominion and Kel-Morian Combine and/or Umojan Protectorate.

02/18/2013 09:28 PMPosted by Dacder

Could be fun, tricky to make work, this would be covered in a Homestuck RP.

02/18/2013 09:36 PMPosted by Zarkun
That sounds like an idea that requires older characters. Issue is, most of them have fighting history and not to mention that the issue with new characters is that someone like me has too many characters.

Not true, you could do this with younger characters.
Edited by Warhawk on 2/18/2013 10:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 09:36 PMPosted by Warhawk

*mind-explode!!!!*
Edited by MarkusDaWise on 2/18/2013 9:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
Mark, your doin' it wrong. it's...

*mind-explode!!!!*

:P

EDIT:
Glad to see the correction.
Edited by Warhawk on 2/18/2013 10:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
All my younger characters have combat experience for various reasons.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 09:43 PMPosted by Zarkun
All my younger characters have combat experience for various reasons.

Shrug. Note that Dacder said Less fighting, that's all. I don't think you could have combat free RP that anyone would join.
Edited by Warhawk on 2/18/2013 9:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yup. Most fighting would be between characters, but there would be regular ole' villains too, in some ways. Dunno what the setting would be, a school, a town, etc... Probably a school for the psionically gifted or something.
Reply Quote
Dac, your answer is a Homestuck RP.

If you truly want to know what Homestuck is (providing that you already don't, and are willing to run the risk of selling your soul to Andrew Hussie) go to: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/
(Granted you'll have to get through the first two acts (at least) to start to understand...)

"Uh oh... I think I drank an HBRB..."
...heh heh. chaos.
Edited by Warhawk on 2/18/2013 10:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Do you guys have somewhere a buried list of compilation summarized RP plots of what you guys done so far? I'm rather unfamiliar with this particular forum but I'm all about lore and writing becoming a thing for me! I just like to know what I'm getting myself into before deciding that I join the club. (Or maybe just direct me to some examples of RPing.) I have no clue what's happening here. P

Throwaway Ideas:
  • 1) A team of Dominion wranglers are tasked to hunt down potential but elusive psionics and bring them into the Ghost Academy.
  • 2) Pre-SC2 conflict between the Dominion and Kel-Morian Combine and/or Umojan Protectorate.
  • 3) The battle glories and troublesome lives of a starfaring terran mercenary group.
  • Reply Quote
    As far as I know # 1 and 2 have never been done... I'll add them to the list (post 30). The third one is almost always in use, in one obscure form or another.

BTW, welcome to JoeyRays!!!

For an explanation of the RP system around here, go to:
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4139866899
    Make sure to check out post 15.
    I like to call it interactive group storytelling more than anything else.
    Edited by Warhawk on 2/18/2013 10:15 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    "It would be refreshing to do something with actual events and lore in SC history.

"Markus, two words, Humanities Best. All you have to do is read a sh!tload of lore. Unless you dislike our concept."
    Reply Quote
    02/18/2013 10:07 PMPosted by Eroldren
    Do you guys have somewhere a buried list of compilation summarized RP plots of what you guys done so far?

Nope. Not that I know of.

@SF:
    I think we're done beating Mark over that point. But yes, Mark should check out Humanities Best.
    Edited by Warhawk on 2/18/2013 10:20 PM PST
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]