giving an M3's animations to a non M3 model?

So I have a model saved in 3dsmax that I want to use in sc2. I already have the tools to import and export M3s, but since animating by hand is hard I don't have good animations for my new model. Thus I was wondering if one could rig another model (like mine) to an existing M3's skeleton and use those animations. If this cannot be done, a link to a good animation tutorial would be nice.

Please be thorough in your response because I am rather new to 3d modeling.

Sorry if this is the wrong section, its hard to know where to post this question.
Reply Quote
Check out how to couple the usage of Skinwrap and skin.
Skinwrap ought to be applied to the object that you want to transfer skinning information to and skin should be on the object that you want to take the skinning information from.

After that you can convert skinwrap to skin modifier.

Tutorial on Skinwrap and pretty much what you'd like to achieve http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PvjLw7d_x4

With a bit of time you can achieve really nice effects.
Edited by Leru on 2/14/2013 2:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
With a bit of tinkering it worked, thanks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]