StarCraft® II

Humanities Best, IV

Characters:

Joseph Roslin aka Blade

Battlefield Tag: A498/ Alpha 498

Personality: Joseph is a man who knows what needs to be done and when to do it. Having served as a Hoplite and then a Gladiator, he’s a seasoned war vet against alien menaces. With the first Gladiator enhancements, he went from outgoing and generally friendly to withdrawn and distant, only talking to his men when in the field and really only talking to the other Gladiators after the process was complete. With the infiltration and destruction of the Magnus Empire’s treasure ship, the program was determined successful and the Gladiators were upgraded, now including less social awkwardness and sociopath tendencies, something Joseph was spared from, and more normality.

Back story: Joseph was nine years old when the UESC took him from his home and replaced him with a clone. The reason they’d taken him is because they were going to make him into a super soldier, the first generation of Gladiators known as Hoplites. He went through years of enhancement and training to be ready for the final quelling of the Koprulu Uprisings, and when the day came, he and his fellow Hoplites delivered. Soon the Zerg and Nerazim were forced into hiding, and the Khalai…well, they’d been gone for a long time before that. Having helped in the returning of the Koprulu Sector to Earth. After words, several more enhancements were made and the new generation of Hoplites dubbed Gladiators. However, this ended in the Gladiators being more distant. Shortly after, threee Gladiators were assigned to infiltrate and destroy the Magnus treasure ship, a mission that was successfully executed and resulted in the upgrading of the armor and the retirement of the three Gladiators, of which Joseph was one of the three, who carried out the mission from action until further notice. It was now Joseph’s job to train a new, less reclusive, generation of Gladiators. The only question he had? Would they cut it against an enemy that knows no retreat?

Equipment: Energy blade, X91 Typhoon Assault Rifle, SW-5 Shotgun (gunpowder).

AI: Serrator- Serrator is an AI who excels at CQC and mid-range combat calculations and is a perfect match for Joseph as he was programmed with all the blade and CQC knowledge humanity has. Is a bit too honest, but is good natured.

Armor Appearance: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/inteldetail/c96da468-116e-4873-b36f-15fa5d56d2d0/venator

Appearance: Brown hair, brown eyes, 6’5”, athletic build, handsome, has a scar on his left cheek.

^Jester^
Name: Mikaela 'Wraith' Arcadis
Sex: Female
Weapons: AG-14 'Banshee' (Alien), XM39 Marksman Rifle (Human), Medusa Mk. 2 Magnum (Human)
Battlefield Tag: M164
Appearance: Appearance+Personality: 6' 6", pale skin, red hair, freckles on her cheeks, teal eyes, lilthe build. Has a caring view to people she works with, and hates trouble. Doesn't talk much, and is often a lone wolf, even though she enjoys being with others.
A.I. Solice: A.I. to Mikaela. It assists with every shot by getting all the data for the shot before Mikaela takes any shot, along with speeding up her reaction time in close quarters. It has a passion for music like its human partner, and has a caring attitude with anyone it works with.
Armor Appearance: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/inteldetail/425dc907-d06a-43b0-a65f-653284bb1e42/deadeye
Backstory: Taken away at an early age and augmented in a process that made her into a Gladiator. She was part of the team that destroyed the Magnus Empire capitol ship, and was sent back to train new recruits to the program. She has a skill with rifles that is unmatched by her allies, and has been known to snipe pilots out of their vehicles, along with a passion for guitar.

^ShadowFury^
Name: Rhys Winterfield
Sex: Male
Weapons: A Suppressed Sphinx, a Suppressed XM39 Rifle, an Energy Claw
Battlefield Tag: R819/Romeo 819
AI: Shadowfox- Shadowfox is a cold calculated AI. He always thinks of the best routes to take while remaining undetected and the quickest way to deal with threats. He is distant from anybody other than Rhys and is known as a deceiver for his tendencies to lie. He is able to hack into any network and once even ran a cloaking device. He is distant from anybody other than Rhys and is known as a deceiver for his tendencies to lie. He is cold, calculating, and has no morals. He will do anything to get the job done. When plugged into a network he is seen as a bunch of dark plates shifting around in a whirlwind.
Appearance: Short black hair, blue eyes. A scar just below his left eye that lines up with the middle of it that curves to touch the bottom of his nose. He has a small scar on the right end of his bottom lip. He appears to have a mid-muscular build, though do not let this fool you. He is roughly 6’ 7” and has no facial hair.
Personality: A stone hard man, Rhys seems to lack all emotion. He is cold, and has no morals. Like his AI he will do whatever it takes to get a job done. He is somewhat competitive and is known to be silent, deadly, yet fairly wise. He is one of the most patient people you will ever meet.
Armor Appearance: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/inteldetail/7cc37738-aafa-4479-a1a0-b08e9433fd76/pathfinder
Backstory: He was taken into the Gladiator program at age 10, 17 years ago. He was augmented to be one of the first Gladiators. This process turned him from a nice and gentle child into a cold blooded killer. He should exceptional stealth qualities. When he turned 16 the augmenting was finished and he was ready for battle. He had gotten through many trials in which he once took out an entire line of artillery by himself by placing three explosives. This earned him a spot as the infiltrator of the strike force on the Magnus Capital Ship only a year later.

He was the first on and claimed a spot for the other two to arrive. He was the youngest and least experience of the team, but he also proved the most useful for picking off enemies silently. After this mission he was paired with his AI Shadowfax. When the new augmentation program came out he refused to be a part of it. He was worried such a thing might cause him to lose his combat effectiveness and make him start to give his opponents mercy. Due to this he is still distant from everyone else and can be. He is always watching and waiting for his prey. When he was pulled out from his scheduled missions to train some new Gladiators he was disgusted. He and Shadowfax both believed it to be a waste of their talents. He is willing to help out, but is better avoided.

Recruits:

^TheLostMorph^
Name: Talena
Weapons: SW-5 Shotgun, Medusa Mk. 2 Magnum, X91 Typhon
Battlefield Tag: T238/ Tango 238
Appearance: Close cut amber hair, 6’4” (out of armor) 6’10” (in armor), gold eyes, tattoo on lower back http://silentnight4k.deviantart.com/#/d5nhp2h, Lithe toned and athletic build

Personality: Talena is, in a word, Chaotic. She enjoys wreaking devastation and destruction on the battlefield while listening to heavy metal, most notably an old song from 2012 Terran Up The Night. She will protect her friends under any circumstances. While not on the battlefield she is friendly but somewhat reserved.

Armor Appearance: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/inteldetail/be72adec-2a13-4f5b-8bfb-6cc86cb166a6/aviator

Backstory: Taken at the age of 8 and replaced with a clone. She has trained to be a good soldier and great pilot. Talena has passed most of the flight training courses available and can fly most small craft. She also is an OK hacker and can often break the encryptions on enemy communications.

^TheLostMorph^
Name: Kit ‘Exile’ Eller
Weapons: Hos lIngwI’ http://silentnight4k.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5jup6c, XM39 Marksman Rifle, X91 Typhon AR
Battlefield Tag: E972
Appearance: Shoulder length Snow white/silver hair, 5’10(out of armor) 6’4”(in armor), Mark of the Exile on left shoulder, Sleek and heavily toned

Personality: Kit is determined and ready for just about everything. She works well with others and even enjoys socializing; however she seeks solitude whenever possible. She spends a lot of time thinking of her home and what she lost when not actively engaged in an activity which makes her seem sad, and even melancholic at times, to outside observers.

Armor Appearance: http://jsmarantz.deviantart.com/art/The-Pilot-327952290?q=favby%3Asilentnight4k%2F53351478&qo=0

Backstory: Kit was exiled after the destruction of her home world and has since then wondered across 10 galaxies before arriving in the Milky Way. She has spent many years with several of the races in the Milky Way eventually she encountered humans and since then has worked as a ‘Soldier for Hire’ AKA a Mercenary. Even with the UESC takeover Kit has remained mostly Independent. However recently she was contracted by the UESC as an ‘Elite Marine’ assigned to work with the new generation of Gladiators.
Reply Quote
^Dacder^
Name: Stephany Morales
Weapons: Medusa Mk. 2 Magnum (Pistol), Sphnix Mk.2 SMG, SW-5 Shotgun
Battlefield Tag: M121/ Mike 121

Appearance: 6‘4 (Out of armor), 6‘10 (Armor), Roughly 150 pounds. Large hazel eyes, long brown hair that reaches about halfway down her back. Lithe and slender build, and out of her armor she generally wears casual attire.

Personality: A likable and not so serious person, she tries to be cordial and friendly when possible. She’s diplomatic, and is rather care-free about life, trying to “live it to the fullest”, she frequents places of social gathering, and isn’t shy in the slightest.

Armor Appearance: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/inteldetail/561ed530-84f6-4d8f-8450-03c31b2f9e65/strider (Colors: White with Red crosses in several locations)

Backstory: Was taken at 11 with her parents willing, they found she was good with medicine...they took this and ran with it, assigning her to be a combat medic, and trained her to be a fighter...but mostly a doctor.

^CrymsonRaven^
Name: John "Riot" Conner

Weapons: XM39 Marksman Rifle, Sphinx Mk. 2 SMG, Fragmentation Grenade

Battlefield Tag: Z196 / Zulu 196

Appearance: 5’ 11” / 186 lbs. Hair is Dark Brown and is generally wavy looking. Skin is a semi tannish color. Average build. Hazel Eyes. Shrapnel scar near his right eye during a training accident gone bad.

Personality: Cautious, easy going if you don't piss him off, friends are like family to Riot.

Armor Appearance: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/inteldetail/ae802e22-14ab-4742-ab79-d2604dc46743/scanner Primary is Goldish, Secondary is Tealish.

Backstory: Grew up on a colony in the Koprulu System. Having a simple life, no trouble happened often at all. But that all changed one uneventful day. He lost his family, his home, and carrying with him is a diehard vengeance. Sent to Sol after this event, he arrived onto Earth. Fascinated by the dedication and courage of many Military men and women, he volunteered when Riot turned 18. Started out as a Private, then ended up signing up for full time service. Sent to Boot Camp, the others didn't like his style when it came to tactics, not even the instructors. Even if he was going to be the only one that would make it out of the live simulation without being incapacitated. He passed, and he's actually been put under Special Forces. They were the point of every operation that was top secret, but Riot's job was much, much more special. He was the one that called in Tactical Airstrikes, collapse whole power grids in an entire area, Operator while down on the ground. But Riot will listen to his Commanding Officer unless it is a matter of life of another comrade, or the death of one, for he will gladly save them for his own. After his tour of duty, he was 22, he was then put into the Gladiators for his duty and dedication, but it was something. The true reason was that he was-

-Classified Information, only authorized personal may continue-

^Warhawk^
Name: Eric Stefson
Weapons: High-powered compact recurve bow (Like what Hawkeye in the Avengers has) / Twin Medusa Mk. 2 Magnums / Sword
Battlefield Tag: Tango 316 (T316)
Appearance: 7' / shaggy brown hair / green eyes / lithe build
Personality: Usually happy-go-lucky except for when someone pisses him off.
Armor Appearance: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/inteldetail/3a3efd56-ca62-4e54-a412-13fd6191f97a/rogue (With jump-jets, if it doesn't already have any)

Backstory: Inducted into the gladiator training program at birth, Eric grew up with an obsession with anything and everything that had to do with military history; tactics, weapons and historic battles. He began training in martial arts as soon as he could. Working long and hard, Eric came out at the top of his class; setting and breaking a number of records.

In addition to his skill at hand-to-hand combat, Eric put an endless number of hours into weapons design and engineering. He eventually hammered out designs for a high-powered compact recurve bow equipped with a wide array of high-tech arrows. When his instructors expressed their disapproval, Eric went ahead and cleared one of the hardest combat courses using only the bow, in record time.

^LeKroger^

Name: Eric Jarlburg

Battle tag: D394/ Delta 394

Weapons: MNL X-Class, Frag Grenade, SW-5 Shotgun

Appearance: Stands 6'8" out side of his armor and 7'2" in full armor. His hair is kept shaved down to stubble and has no facial hair. He has dark blue eyes. Muscular build with many scars all across his body, some from battle others from the procedures that his people went under to improve themselves in battle.

Armor Appearance: Bears the symbol of his clan on the right shoulder. Armor color is steel grey as the dominate color with the border color being emerald green.

Personality: Quiet and reserved Eric often stands off to the side observing his new allies. In battle he utilizes explosives to disorient his enemies then follows through by making sure to quickly dispatch them with his shot gun. He is eager to fight for honor and seldom speaks of his home sector. He is stubborn about accepting help from people and holds firm to his beliefs that he learned while he was in training with his people.

Backstory: Eric is the son of the current Keiser of his people. He is to be the heir to the throne but only if he completes his proving test. He is trained in most forms of combat and is eager to learn more so that he can be ready for almost anything.

He was temporarly exiled from his home sector as part of the proving that he and many others are preforming and have done. He was sent out with nothing but a small shuttle and his armor to complete his proving. He has joined the Gladiators in hopes that he will find what he needs to accomplish his proving.

^ShadowFury^
Name: Julie Silia
Personality: A happy and likeable personality, she always seems to be one for friendly conversation and joking around. She will always attempt to help out to reduce casualties, which is odd considering her secondary weapon.

Weapons: X91 Typhon Assault Rifle, MNL X-Class Rocket Launcher (Mako).
Appearance: A fairly pale appearance with shoulder length brown hair. She has medium muscle mass. She stands around 6' 3". She has brown eyes.
Armor Appearance: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/inteldetail/95810f97-6e54-4b52-b689-b559e17f15d3/stalker

Backstory: I may reveal later on. Just slightly lacking in creative juices currently. And no, I cannot re-energize them with Popsicles, I don't have any.

Lore and Signup Thread Here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7415135788?page=1
Reply Quote
I sit down, nodding to Jarlburg.

"How's the rehab been?" I ask in a cordial tone.
Reply Quote
"Rather droll and frustrating. Not exactly a fan of people trying to make me take it easy and treat me like a cripple." I reply rather neutral to Stephany.
Reply Quote
"Ah, I see. Well, now it's over at least. Though by the end of the day you may find yourself back in it." I say jokingly.
Reply Quote
I walk in and catch the tail end of Stephany's comment. "Not if I can help it. I pride myself on keeping any one with me as unwounded as possible. If I can't stop it, I'll make damn sure to repay the enemy ten fold, and with their lives."
Reply Quote
I grab my gear from the armory and head to the pop room.
Reply Quote
I grunt at Stephany. "With this armor module Briggs helped me out with I doubt I will be. If Magnus tries something on me all they will see is a blur before meeting the barrel of my shotgun up close. Besides even if I get wounded I can still fight better than most people that I know." My voice trails off as I think of my first training mission back home in the icy barrens. "Good times..."
Reply Quote
I give a puzzled look at Jarlburg, "Okay then." I say simply, before strapping in and getting ready to launch.
Reply Quote
IC:
I swing by the armory grabbing my bow, pistols, a combat knife and a few grenades. Heading over the armor mods, I hook up a of jump pack and head to the drop room.

OOC:
Hope the Jump jets are ok.

kk thanks.
Edited by Warhawk on 2/15/2013 10:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
It would be a jet back, but yes, it's fine. Please hurry and arrive.
Reply Quote
IC:
Entering the drop room, I nod to Capt Roslin and strap myself in.
Edited by Warhawk on 2/15/2013 10:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
"What it was a huge deal in my childhood. That day I proved that though I was considered a runt I was still more durable then a prime breed." I comment as I climb into my drop pod.
Reply Quote
I don't respond to it, honestly just not really caring. I didn't want to seem mean, so I just nodded, and pulled down my visor, climbing into my pod.
Reply Quote
I arrive at the drop room and go to my pod and strap myself in.
Reply Quote
Making sure all the Privates were there, I climb in my own. "Remember, stick together and offer fire support. If they shoot at you, give 'em hell."
Reply Quote
"Yes sir ready for drop sir!" I call out as I do a final check that everything is how it should be.
Reply Quote
{That's about all I can give them xeno's sir.} I comment as I preform my final check before closing the door to my drop pod.
Reply Quote
IC:
Doing a final check I close the drop pod;
{Locked and loaded.}
Reply Quote
Well I'll be damned.... I forgot about this again. (Being in to many damn RP's) Give me a rough sketch on where I am and what's happening and I'll post as soon as I can in this.

EDIT: Zarkun gave it to me.

IC: I prepped my rifle and my pistol, it was going to be a bumpy ride... If we were dauntless enough... We might be able to brave it all. That is, if we don't die and be cowardly. "What exactly are we looking at? Our enemy that is? Because according to all of you... There's nothing on the subject."
Edited by CrymsonRaven on 2/16/2013 7:05 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]