StarCraft® II

StarCraft 2 is Dying and How to Save it

02/16/2013 05:31 PMPosted by Nukester
I'm sorry to oppose you, your grace, but I don't see your point in relevance to now and the future.

So you don't understand that this thread is satire?
02/16/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Nukester
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 126,754,082

I could not help but to discredit your information, as it seems to be out of date.

LoL is the most played video game in the world. There's no way SC2 is more popular in any region, let alone Korea
seems like you played only Dawn of War 2, DOW1 does have base building.

First let me give the corresponding models for each race in Starcraft from WH40k

Terran to Space Marine(what changed is the helmet)
Protoss to Eldar(Dark Templar also had the concepts of the Eldar)
Zerg to Tyranid(very obivious)

Blizzard stealing Games Workshop's concept and renaming them to Terran, Protoss, and Zerg. Claiming them as their own, sending ceast and desist letters to whoever tried to steal what they stealed. I'm amazed that Games Workshop didn't sue Blizzard.

You also shouldn't say it is not a ripoff just because WH40k was originated from a tabletop game, there weren't modern RTS games back in the late 1980's, a table top miniture game like WH40k is what "RTS" looked like to people back then. If Starcraft was an tabletop game made back in the 80s, then there won't be any WH40k and Starcraft controversy today.

You are welcome to join and try to convince other WH40k fans that Starcraft is not a ripoff, you will get a much more aggressive response, I'm nice compared to them.
Why do you guys worship this fool? His ideas are pretty much attention grab trolling.

As we all know, StarCraft 2 is dying because it isn't the most successful computer game in the world and, without action to fundamentally change it being taken soon, it will fade away and become a part of history.

Would love to see some proof of this. I'm fairly certain that with HOTS intro cinematic and more exposure HOTS has grown in interest in the past few months.

Calls OP a troll in his first statement.
Immediately feeds in the next statement.

Beautiful.
Edited by Juicylisk on 2/16/2013 5:56 PM PST
i cant possibly be the only one that thinks most of this is absurd..
some of this is brilliant, some of this is insanely ridiculous, but I will give you props for the time that you put in to trying to improve the game you like.
u r not the only one, the post is ridiculous ,I think the author is idiot .

good to know.
*in mono toned voice*

nooo nothing is better than starcraft.

WH40k was better as a tabletop game, and DOW was still a better game then Starcraft.

Nevertheless, I brought Starcraft 2 today. Having both DOW and SC2 installed on my PC makes my life complete. (Now if only there is a Starcraft and WH40k crossover game, hmmmm.... I can't wait to unleash my Tyranid Swarm and obliterate the Zerg Swarm)
02/16/2013 05:52 PMPosted by Fuyao
Blizzard stealing Games Workshop's concept and renaming them to Terran, Protoss, and Zerg. Claiming them as their own, sending ceast and desist letters to whoever tried to steal what they stealed. I'm amazed that Games Workshop didn't sue Blizzard.

Terran, Protoss, and Zerg in Starcraft...
Humans, Covenant, and Flood in Halo...
Humans and bugs in Starship Troopers...
Humans, Aliens, and Predators in Alien...

Blizzard didn't steal anything. The idea of Terran, Protoss, and Zerg are derived from common recurrences in science fiction.
Everything you said.... for the most part doesn't sound like starcraft... it's other games... and also you can already reset your mmr but WHATEVER.
02/16/2013 06:00 PMPosted by HeReTiC

Blizzard didn't steal anything. The idea of Terran, Protoss, and Zerg are derived from common recurrences in science fiction.

There is a problem when the majority of WH40k fans says Starcraft stole most of it's concepts from WH40k.
02/16/2013 06:10 PMPosted by Fuyao
There is a problem when the majority of WH40k fans says Starcraft stole most of it's concepts from WH40k.

Yeah, maybe they're all delusional.
02/16/2013 04:52 PMPosted by ProdofVoid
Why do you guys worship this fool? His ideas are pretty much attention grab trolling.

uhh....worship? hmm I think Heretic is liked/loathed/tolerated/and ignored.

Personal preference there mostly.

Some history of the forums
Heretic became known for saying "No" to many stupid/troll idea/topics. The best response possible, and for the extremely idiotic he put up parody post not only showing the bad idea in full flavour but making it funny.

I think this topic is amusing and the well earned black eye for everyone ever posting Sc2 is dead or LoL blah blah crap.

as for worship? no I am of a different religion, and see him as just another poster who can make me giggle some times.

So, you are supporting him because he made worthless replies to worthless threads? Here's some history, Heretic is an alt from a bacon community member (as you prob know) and just uses his frequently banned alt to post senseless jargon.

I've never read anything from Heretic I thought was amusing, and the fact that he spent the equivalent of a 4 page college paper to construct a trolling thread is just pitiful, not hilarious.

And obviously by "worship" I mean the mindless prattle of drones that screech bacon and think that random "is le funny lulz".
As long as buying all of the units only takes $60.

This.
Humans, Advanced Aliens, and Bug/Swarm-type Aliens have been the staple of the science fiction genre (movies/games/books) for a long time.

02/16/2013 06:10 PMPosted by Fuyao

Lol. So WH40k fans say starcraft stole it's concepts from Wh40k. Very reliable source there.
Edited by Zakarious on 2/16/2013 6:23 PM PST
So, you are supporting him because he made worthless replies to worthless threads? Here's some history, Heretic is an alt from a bacon community member (as you prob know) and just uses his frequently banned alt to post senseless jargon.

I've never read anything from Heretic I thought was amusing, and the fact that he spent the equivalent of a 4 page college paper to construct a trolling thread is just pitiful, not hilarious.

And obviously by "worship" I mean the mindless prattle of drones that screech bacon and think that random "is le funny lulz".

Looks like someone is jealous because he craves the attention this thread has received.
<3 everything but the monthly subscription fee... nooo to that.
Edited by Sin on 2/16/2013 6:29 PM PST
A very fascinating idea, but I can see it's only in the "theoretical stages".
Having Blizzard book ads on websites would be ineffective, and costly.
I agree that there should be ingame bonuses for killing units. One game a 4v4, I ran around with a ghost and a medivac (with four nuclear silos pumping out nukes) and got more than 200 kills. Later that same ghost was killed by eight zerglings.

bloody ridiculous

Maybe a passive thing such as a faster attack speed, or larger energy pool (depending on how the unit was killed). But if a ghost kills 20 workers as suggested, you get a free nuke that can destroy anything ---

Most players would just ragequit and I'll be in grandmasters :D
-Daniel Out
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]