StarCraft 2 is Dying and How to Save it

4 bites on page 7.
Edited by Myke on 2/17/2013 6:45 AM PST
Guys my thread about this is much better and goes into more detail ignore this @#@%!!%* and go to teh "Balance" thread and look at my thread :)
02/17/2013 07:05 AMPosted by Shonix
Although I do not disagree that those threads are retarded jumping straight to this phase instead of attempting to remedy the situation will only lead to more alienation instead of reconciliation.

I dont think that there will ever be a way to "remedy the situation". People like that will see the game as "dying" (as if it matters), no matter what kind of evidence or, in this case, satire, you throw in thier face. Anyone who willingly believes this kind of crock are impossible to argue with, let alone over the internet.

I know that people would prefer to rationally argue the subject, and try to persuade people to see differently, but it will never happen. Thus is the nature of the internet.
21 bites with two deletions.
Most came with pages 5+.

Lets see how many more will bite.
Edited by Zakarious on 2/17/2013 7:26 AM PST
02/17/2013 06:58 AMPosted by NeijeSlayer
Guys my thread about this is much better and goes into more detail ignore this @#@%!!%* and go to teh "Balance" thread and look at my thread :)

LOL!!!!

You don't even understand the concept of this thread.
Seriously??! Just about 1-2 weeks ago I made a thread about starcraft dying and you all flame me. Now you agree with this guy? Talk about bias views about your favorite posters.
9/10 wouldn't pay monthly to play this game tho.
02/17/2013 08:09 AMPosted by Twisties
Seriously??! Just about 1-2 weeks ago I made a thread about starcraft dying and you all flame me. Now you agree with this guy? Talk about bias views about your favorite posters.
Another bite. Nicely done, HeReTiC.
02/17/2013 08:09 AMPosted by Twisties

Satire is lost on you.
the extra nuking ghost idea is lame, nobody wants to lose a game to a single unit

the prestige idea is so flawed, why should bronze lvl players have to play against masters?
totally defeats the purpose of matchmaking

a subscription fee for starcraft is hella ghey, sub games are on the not the norm anymore and f2p is taking over...
02/17/2013 07:05 AMPosted by Shonix
In this case there was no attempt to counter argue and went straight to the "THIS IS HOW STUPID YOU LOOK" phase.

You clearly don't understand the satire.

02/17/2013 07:41 AMPosted by Shonix
Well then let me ask you one thing, do you think heretic has every managed to convince someone to come back to the game with his demeaning satire? Or would u rather believe that I have convinced people to give the game another shot after they quit using actual arguments and showing them why the game is better now than when it launched?

Oh, I see. This isn't about the satire at all. This is a personal vendetta. If you're going to cry about how the OP's name is "HeReTiC," then you aren't welcome here. Take your childish personal attacks elsewhere.
Edited by HeReTiC on 2/17/2013 8:42 AM PST
[quote="79226000359"]

2. Starting over is fun.

When someone reaches the master league (or even the grandmaster league), there's simply not much more for them to do. These players should be able to reset their MMR to low bronze, lose all of their wins and achievements, and work their way back up. They'll be compensated with a symbol on their portrait, of course, to keep track of their past success; they just won't benefit directly from it. This will keep the game fresh and exciting for our most skilled players as they'll always have something to work for.

This one is easy and very fun. I play P in plat, but for me as a casual player would be fun to be able to restart with T and Z and try to get to plat and then change again once Im bored or feel like. Now in order to do it is needed to lose like 30 games in a row or more and is soooooooo bored (also frustrating for ur oponents)!! It should be easier.
24 bites now.
Edited by Zakarious on 2/17/2013 8:49 AM PST
02/17/2013 08:49 AMPosted by Zakarious
24 bites now.

I thought it was so obvious that a single bite would be impossible...

Oh, well. This is still fun.
02/16/2013 10:18 AMPosted by HeReTiC
If you kill several units or workers in a row, or if a single unit reaches a high number of kills, players should receive special bonuses that further their advantage. For example, a ghost that kills more than 20 workers with a nuke should be able to call in another nuke that will destroy everything, end the game, and leave the Terran victorious. If the ghost only scores 10 kills, it should be able to call in an air strike that kills 10 more.

Cannot be balanced in this game. This buff feature is way different from the League of Legends neutral creep buffs since neutral creeps are universal/calculated while these buffs are specific and at most times, random.

2. Starting over is fun.

This is a good idea and a bad one. More fun for good players... a nightmare for any late comer new to the game.

3. We want to pay for a "new" game every year.

Quality > Quantity

1. Controlling multiple units is difficult and overly complicated.

Partly. Actions per minute was always a part of StarCraft but it is depressing that it literally becomes 75% of starcraft. Just a small tuning. Not too much. Micrro is half the fun in starcraft so this cap must be placed in the macro area.

2. Free to play; pay to win.

No... just don't... even in lol, you don't have to pay to win. 1350 IP champions make the top tier list consistently...

1. Killing major characters is good for the game's lore.

Kerrigan can only die after the Dark Voice plan's is suppressed.
Raynor cannot die unless Kerrigan dies.
Zeratual must be playable in LotV.

2. Subscription fees make players loyal.

Too loyal... this would rid all casual customers who gets StarCraft for the campaign or just "why not". Keep StarCraft a video game... not a full time career offer or a game for those with no life.

You don't have to pay subscription for League of Legends either. Just pay the money any time you want for better looking champion and keep them forever.

3. Team games should be the primary focus of StarCraft as an e-sport.

At least an equal representation...

4. Shiny, paid in-game items make the game varied and exciting.

Skins are nice... EXCEPT WHEN ALL NEW UNITS NOW LOOK PLAIN STUPID... without a skin.

5. Grinding teaches everyone the value of hard work and they're thankful for that.

The ladder is a good enough representation of grinding...
Mappy....This thread is an elaborate joke...

If any of these ideas are implemented, like, say, someone goes, hey! that thread is popular, lets look at what they want! I will hold you personally responsible, and will hunt you down. Heretic, you've been warned.

If any of these ideas are implemented, like, say, someone goes, hey! that thread is popular, lets look at what they want! I will hold you personally responsible, and will hunt you down. Heretic, you've been warned.

Don't worry; it's not even highly rated...at least not yet.
Edited by HeReTiC on 2/17/2013 9:11 AM PST

Don't worry; it's not even highly rated...at least not yet.

Let's +1 this thread and make it highly rated!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]