StarCraft® II

The Gates of Hell (RP; Episode 1)

"But..." I say simply. "So, will you be leaving then? If so, good day."
Reply Quote
IC: the hunt for the zergling went poorly. i had ran up a hill away from the hatchery with a large rock in my hand chasing after a zergling. catching it unaware i smashed its skull in on what seemed to be a cell door.
Reply Quote
Savage sees what appears to be human smash the skull of what he remembers to be called a Zergling into something, perhaps a door. His face was lacking expression, but he was confused. The scientists never had a specimen killed while in habitation. He quickly jumps from the dead tree's brittle branches, surprisingly breaking none, and lands near the man. "Why... Kill... It?" He asks, his voice slow and raspy. He had picked up some English from the two times he had been experimented on, and a tiny bit of Dutch and French this time.
Reply Quote
"Want to get rid of me hmm? I see," I say a bit jokingly, rolling my eyes. "Don't worry, I'll get out of your hair. I'll see you, Doctor." I say with a smile, and the doors hiss behind me as I walk out with the PSC strapped to my back.

"Step 1-Collect PSC-Complete." I say proudly into the wristband. "Step 2-Find Means of Stealth or Defense."

"That most likely means a trip to the Encampment Astrid; seeing as yesterday..." Kiru started to say.

"What is this yesterday you speak of?" I say, "There is no such thing as 'yesterday', what are you talking about Kiru?" I say a bit comically.

"Very funny, Miss Williams." Kiru replied a bit boredly. "Since your father took away your mobile cloaking device, you are going to need either a new means of cloaking or a weapon of sorts. Unless, of course...you believe that with you are competent enough with your-"

"SHHHH" I hiss into the wristband. "Shush. You don't know who's wandering down these halls. Hell, Commervac could be here without me know-well, nevermind actually. I've been getting better with that whole, sensey thing...I get this just, awful feeling in my stomach when he's there...but, anyway...I'm not going outside today. It's just pouring out there...You know what? Screw step two, I think I'll risk just a brief trip into the Habitation. It doesn't take long to get to the Hatchery from the northern access point..."

With that, I began walking in that direction; despite the fuss KIRU began making.

"Step 3," I say cheerily, "Visit Zelia."
Edited by Mockingjay on 2/14/2013 6:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 06:08 PMPosted by ShadowFury
Savage sees what appears to be human smash the skull of what he remembers to be called a Zergling into something, perhaps a door. His face was lacking expression, but he was confused. The scientists never had a specimen killed while in habitation. He quickly jumps from the dead tree's brittle branches, surprisingly breaking none, and lands near the man. "Why... Kill... It?" He asks, his voice slow and raspy. He had picked up some English from the two times he had been experimented on, and a tiny bit of Dutch and French this time.

"uuuhhh because i'm hungry" i say. i smash my fist into the zergling and tentacles sprout out of my fist into the corpse and drag it into my body. "now i just need some mutagen.... and that zergling tasted like chocolate"
Reply Quote
OOC: I think I'm cursed, I always miss the start of role-plays D:

IC:
I yawn as I stretch out of bed, feeling content and well reste- wait... What time is it? think to myself. A feeling of dread stretches over me when I lift my wrist to look at my communicator. Shi t. I quickly rolled out of bed, failing miserably tripping on the thin bed sheets. I get up off the floor and head towards the shower, grabbing my toothbrush on the way. I brush my teeth while enjoying (not really) a freezing cold shower for five minutes. I get dressed in some cargo pants and a white tank top, bringing my pistols with me (in case of emergency) to the mess hall.

Theres not to many people there seeing that I arrived about 2 and a half hours late. I order some cereal and sit down to eat rushing, to catch up with my already messed up schedule of the day.
Edited by Sixel on 2/14/2013 6:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
At the sound of flesh hitting metal, my attention snaps back to the Zerglings that had been fighting. One of them is dead, another specimen smashing its head into a door. A rather unusual brand of infested, as I remember. Another specimen, this one a Changeling, leaps down from a tree and says something which I am unable to make out aside from it being in the human tongue.

I watch them with mild interest, knowing that the facility staff would burst in at any moment. They would both likely be punished in some way, or at least the infested. The Changeling would probably be taken into another lab now that it had been heard speaking the human language. I continue observing them, as the infested consumes the Zergling's corpse. Sights like this were what I looked forward to each day, anything to break the endless tedium of this place.
Edited by Owlfeathers on 2/14/2013 6:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
"Hunger? You... Not... Human?" Savage asks, his arm ready to change.
Reply Quote
"well.... i am.... and i'm not" i say.
Reply Quote
OOC: Um, I was not aware that it was starting, may I get a recap, and a queue to start?
Reply Quote
Death...
Something had died, and something else had killed it violently.
These thoughts crowded my mind as I sat, letting the Larvae climb on top of me and wriggle. They loved doing that... it was weird... I didn't mind it... but the Larvae almost always knew when something was going to happen... Speaking of something happening... I set them down and begin to check the pods around the other side of the Hive, stroking them lovingly as I feel them ready to burst, standing back with a grin as three Drones unfold from the glowing green cocoons. Their eyes looked up at me with wonder, and I hold my arms out, embracing them and beginning to ask them things. I wished for them to become Spine Crawlers, to potentially keep the occassional Larvae- predator at bay. Two of the three said yes, while the last one inquired something entirely different.
'What about the different one? The one who never touches the ground?'
It's question shocked me, and I turned up towards the ceiling of the dome, towards the Watcher, floating quietly, and nervously wave my claw, a gesture I learned from Astrid a long time ago.
"If you so wish... you could mutate into a Spore Crawler? You could keep an eye on him for everyone?"
It nodded, happy to have a purpose as the two others set to work, spraying a mucus over themselves and beginning the supposedly relieving process of mutating into Spine Crawlers.
I ran through a quick check of the other structures of the Hive, making sure that everything was as well as it would be... the Scientists weakened them all, placed them all near death... so that we could not rebel. Once again I applauded them for their willingness to keep us alive... if only for so long...
(For the Scientists to have access to any Zerg specimen it would have to be a fully functional hive)
Reply Quote
OOC: Koro you don't seem to have been accepted ... unless Jay just forgot to add you to her list of accepted chars ...
Reply Quote
I am greeted by the double doors to the access point.

"Kiru, assistance?" I ask.

I hear something like a sigh. "Accessing QWERTY...Access Granted. Opening Access point STH-PT3."

The doors open breifly with a hiss, and I hop into the small room behind the door. The door slams shut behind me.

"Opening Secondary Door on Access point STH-PT3." Kiru states. "I will stay accessed to QWERTY to make sure the zerg are keeping their distance. I don't want to have to report to the Professor that his daughter was being highly illogical and decided to hop into the Habitation for a walk, only to be eaten by a pair of Zerglings four feet in."

"I'll be fine Kiru, I've done this tons of times." I say to 'reassure' the AI. "Zelia's children know not to eat me...and the rest typically stay away. Nothing to worry about."

If an AI could have rolled their eyes, I think I could have imagined Kiru doing so after I said that. Too bad he didn't really have a face. "Be careful Astrid." was the only thing he said. A small holographic map of the Habitation then sprung up from my hand with numerous red dots all over it-zerg.

The secondary door just then hissed open, and I quickly hopped through the doorway just before that door too slammed shut.

Keeping note of the map, I begin my adventure to the Hatchery.

I'm coming Feffi...I smile. Yes. Definately Feffi.
Reply Quote
before i could explain further a scent wafted me. larvae..... the beginning of every zerg organism through growth and mutation.... that meant mutagen. i ran for the hive singing a merry tune as i did
Reply Quote
"Jeeves? Could you run a system check for me please?" I muttered under my breath, forgot to do that as soon as I walked in, but I hadn't, Instead I took all the drugs from the shelves and decided to rearrange them by use instead of alphabetically. Much easier to find this way.
"Check complete. Cryogenic storage, Optimal. Sur- Everything optimal, For the sake of me will you stop making me say all this crap? Waste of RAM."
"Maybe... Maybe not." I say as I place some Analgesic on to the shelf. That's the last of the stuff. "Anything I should know about Jeeves? Any incoming cries for help?"
"Neg-i-tory McCain, Nothing at All. I suggest you go and eat something."
I roll my head side to side. "It hasn't been that long Jeeves. I'll head down for lunch."
"Xander, You know how good breakfast is for you. You advocate it yourself."
"Hush up, you know I'm Hypocritical." With that I plop down onto my desk pulling out a request form for some stronger sedatives. By god do we go through allot of them here.

OOC: Sorry for the late reply, has some computer issues.
Edited by Vasana on 2/14/2013 6:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
OOC: I was accepted on the PRP thread.
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 06:36 PMPosted by TheLostMorph
OOC: Koro you don't seem to have been accepted ... unless Jay just forgot to add you to her list of accepted chars ...

OC: I just corrected the matter. Koro is accepted.
Reply Quote
Something was growing closer... The green orbs stuck to the side of the Hive popped, and the screeching and hissing of newborn Larvae falling down the side rang out, and I began to take a stand over them, knowing that they were slithering underneath my body. One of the newborns began to slither away, only to be grabbed by my talons, and delicately placed under me after receiving a b!tch of a hissing.
Reply Quote
IC: as i approached the hive i passed a couple of mutating drones. strange how no one has stopped me yet. i saw my target, a queen guarding a new group of newborn larvae.
Edited by darkra on 2/14/2013 6:42 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]