Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Many suggestions for Fun or Not have been suggested before in order to make it more appealing to players (E.g. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2267589562 ). Assuming these changes are implemented, some further incentive will likely be needed to result in the necessary number of players using the Fun or Not system.
I propose that achievements be added that require players to play and rate maps using Fun or Not. Such achievements wouldn't mean much without rewards, so I further propose that Carbot portraits be awarded by these achievements (as suggested here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7923493224 and Carbots visible here: https://www.youtube.com/user/carbotanimations).
Edit: Added a space to fix first forum link.
Edited by Khalanil on 2/19/2013 3:19 PM PST
While Fun or Not achievements can help, I would say the following would help as well :
- Ability to play with a group instead of solo
- Ability to pick categories of map so you don't get stuck in a TD map if you loathe them.
- Ensure Fun or Not favors "unpopular" maps (especially not picking Nexus War and co. for the 3rd time in a row)
- Tell in-game what kind of maps Fun or Not is likely to pick. The feeling of too much randomness can lure players away especially if they can't figure out any sort of selection pattern after it always pick the wrong maps for them.
Edited by Honejasi on 2/19/2013 2:04 PM PST
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.