StarCraft® II

Changes to Bonus Pool with 2.0.4

(Locked)

though my biggest question is since 2.04 my bonus pool doesnt align with the ingame and site...

currently as of writing this my bonus pool is 94 according to this site with my ladder, how ever in game is at 13...

What is affecting this? and which is technically correct? im assuming the game client however it bothers me if i hit 180 on the site i get demoted =/

it has always been that way. ever since i could remember back in 2010, there has always been a bonus pool lag between the site and the game client. no lag in league rank though. i wouldn't worry about it too much.
02/17/2013 02:27 PMPosted by HeReTiC
the main difference is that you also get bonus poll now when you lose games on the ladder

Does this mean that it's possible to gain points or break even when you lose? To what extent will you gain points after losing?

I've actually broken even many times on the ladder during losses. By many times, I mean about 2, and that's half of my losses. The other two times, I lost 3 and 6 points. This was probably due to my Bronze league placement that needed to be fixed up to... silver or gold. I can't be sure really. I doubt that Blizzard would let us gain ladder points from a loss though.
The bonus pool changes are already in HotS beta.Basically, when you lose, instead of deducting, say, 10 points from your points, it instead deducts 10 points from your bonus pool

That explains what I'm seeing in both HotS beta and WoL, with one note. There doesn't appear to be any pattern, but I am getting rare wins that show extra bonus points added in the score screen, but these do not show up in my match history or in my overall score. Display bug? Sorry, but I thought nothing of it until I read this thread. I'll provide a screenshot set the next time I see it.

Note: points have been no more than 6 save one where it was 11.
Edited by flakk on 2/28/2013 3:26 PM PST
This all just means everyone will sit on their points when they are TOP 8 and wait to try and snipe a 1st place Division on the day before the season ends, I'm currently #2 only behind one guy who hasn't played all week. When I pass him up he just gonna use his 200+ Bonus Pool to pass me up when I have been exhausting my bonus pool trying to catch up.
MVP - StarCraft
03/01/2013 11:18 AMPosted by BebopEffect
This all just means everyone will sit on their points when they are TOP 8 and wait to try and snipe a 1st place Division on the day before the season ends, I'm currently #2 only behind one guy who hasn't played all week. When I pass him up he just gonna use his 200+ Bonus Pool to pass me up when I have been exhausting my bonus pool trying to catch up.

Except there's a league lock a week before the end of a season where bonus pool stops accumulating for everyone. If that guy who's ahead of you has more points and more bonus pool than you, it means he's playing against better players and is earning more points per win relative to you.
5-8 games a DAY? Wow.... Your obsessed! I'm lucky to get 5-8 games a week in and I thought I played a lot.....
I really hope terran can be stronger it is too weak
AWESOME now i can play more and not feel so bad when i lose :D
So i 1v1ed someone in starcraft ladder and he wanted me to let him win. He figured since i'm platnium that if he won, he'd get placed into platnium. He quit his gold league and this was his placement match. I let him win and checked up with him aftewards but he immediately disconnected. I looked at his profile and it said he was in silver XD :D
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]