Starcraft 2 will not start up.

Having this problem for awhile on my new computer. Hasn't been a big deal since I could play on my laptop but now that HOtS is coming out, I really want to play on my new computer.

Running windows 8. Other games (WoW) works fine....this seems to be only happening to sc2.

Basically what happens is that I click on the icon, the dash screen loads fine. I press play and the game seems to be loading (mouse icon has that swirl) but after 10s its gone and starcraft didn't load.

There is starcraft under the task manager, but it doesn't look like it is using too much memory (15MB)

Could someone please help me?
Reply Quote
I've been having the same issue. I just made a similar thread a few hours ago, but so far no solution has worked.
Reply Quote
I don't know if he's gonna help you here since he's been trying to fix this problem in the thread I created. It's titled "SC2 Will Not Start," so I suggest going there and seeing if anything he's suggested will work for you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)