StarCraft® II

Patch/Launcher Help

Hello all.

I'm fairly new in SC2, but that's besides the point. I had it installed before the new patch, and a few days ago I booted SC2 up again (because it's amazing).

Anyway, it started downloading a patch, which was about 1.2Gb or so. Then I started the game. I keep reading on the forums that the update is nearly 12Gb and I never had to download that much. When I boot up the launcher, it says "Downloading data for an upcoming patch" on the bottom near "PLAY".

Now I can play the game with no issues, but I was wondering if I did indeed install everything for the patch. I've left the launcher open for 15 minutes waiting to see if it'll start downloading a patch but nothing. It does says version 2.0.4.24944 on the bottom left while in-game.

Any ideas?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Do you have the following files in /Applications/StarCraft II/Updates?

• SC2_HotS_20_BGDL_Base.MPQE
  • SC2_HotS_20_BGDL_Base1.MPQE
  • SC2_HotS_20_BGDL_enUS.MPQE

If you do, then you should be fine :)
Reply Quote
Do you have the following files in /Applications/StarCraft II/Updates?

• SC2_HotS_20_BGDL_Base.MPQE
  • SC2_HotS_20_BGDL_Base1.MPQE
  • SC2_HotS_20_BGDL_enUS.MPQE

If you do, then you should be fine :)

No I do not. What do I do now since it's not automatically downloading?
Reply Quote
With the launcher window open, click Info/Connection Information.
(here >> http://i47.tinypic.com/25hjr4h.png )

It will show you another window with the actual download progress happening in the background. In my case it's downloading 14GB file. No idea what that is though. And meanwhile I have issues with in-game menu. Can't load campaign progress or any other saved game. The buttons are grayed out.
Edited by Vast on 2/28/2013 1:14 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]