StarCraft® II

[HELP] All In - Brutal

Since you still haven't finished the mission, I'll just recommend you play back through the entire campaign on casual, either switching to Nydus worms or getting hive mind emulators instead.

If you go nydus worms, siege tanks and banshees are your BFFs. Siege Tanks destroy absolutely everything that's on the ground if you've upgraded them, except Kerrigan. Banshees should be used to take out Nydus worms and Kerrigan. However, don't use all your Banshees against Kerrigan, or try to split them up to attack her on different sides, or one storm takes them all out and you become open to Nydus Worms. Having PFs instead of Perdition turrets helps lots as well, because with a few SCVs behind them, they can tank lots of damage, and you don't have to replace marines. I'd recommend having the attack speed research as well, because surviving longer is good, but killing things before they can do much damage is better. That's all I can remember from my run.

If you go air, use the Hive Mind Emulators to take over brood lords to kill Kerrigan, and basically every Mutalisk that comes your way. You become unstoppable with an army that size.

Tl;dr: Ground version, upgrade Siege tanks, Banshees, get PF.
Air version, lots of Hive Mind emulators, GG Kerrigan.

I have finished the mission, I beat the entire campaign on casual, then clicked play again on Normal, then Hard, then Brutal!, I never moved on to the next mission until it was completed on brutal. I got aces high Achievement just before I tried on Brutal, but the Strategies I used on Casual/Normal Did not work for Hard since i needed to get Aces High. The Strategy I used on hard don't work enough on Brutal (read the first post for the strategies I used). So why the hell restart and play it on Casual just to get the last achievement when they worked thus far? I love how people give recommendation about what I should of done or what I should redo, but they cant give advice on what to currently do. Thank you for the input though, it does help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZHQMgkgkog

try this...make sure you go ground....and no you don't have to follow *everything* this guy does but as an intelligent being you should be able to extrapolate a solution to your problem.

Already done that, for hard mode. Didn't work, thanks though

Start with moving your BC's to the back of your base, just behind the mineral line. There will always be a broodlord or two every now that then that can be dispatched via Yamatos. Build a ton of turrets at the artifact, and leave the bunkers there. I sometimes build one ore two more bunkers.

Pull all your ground units behind the artifact (low ground) build two psi disrupters on the low ground but behind your ramps (toward your CC). Line the area there with about 10-12 tanks as someone already suggested.

Build marines and a few medics to deal with Kerriga while you spam vikings.

When Leviathan comes, you can lure him with your vikings to your turret wall near the artifact. Don't clump the vikings up because they will get mass funguls. Use 3-4 and lure it to your turrets and then finish him off with your vikings while your turrets take the beating.

Don't forget to put turrets up behind your mineral line to take care of small groups of mutas that may attack your pair of BCs. You can also put 3-4 vikings back there on standby and they should be fine with their biosteel.

The BC idea I haven't tried, as for the rest, Yep did all of that, the levi somehow manages to kill my Viking so I think the clumping is what the issue was there. Medics and marines are kinda useless since she one shots the marines. as for the viking in the back, yeah did that and never needed the BC's 4 Viking handed the back the entire time no prob.

Man, you got like the worst research upgrades. Artosis has similar ones and it took him forever to beat all-in air on brutal, and he's a masters player. Then again, artosis was trying to play the game like it was multiplayer (e.g, not abusing campaign-only units).

Also, you got the psi-disruptor and chose to fight air? :s

All I can say is good luck... I'm playing brutal right now and I'm trying to gear EVERYTHING towards what I need to beat all-in.

Thanks for letting me know its going to be hard... oO?

just play the while campaign on casual, just make the basic upgrade on dics rines and tanks. and save b4 get into char. Then upgrade armory and lab according on what u going to do all in air ¿hive mind? or nydus ¿mass tanks and slow zerg shiit

wha? Oo? Re-read my post
Reply Quote
I heard the bare minimum for this was planetary fortress, tech reactor, full upgrades for the Banshee, Marine, Medic, SCV, and Siege Tank, and buy Dusk Wings. Never tried it though.

Please read my post, not just the Subject for this thread.

I beat All-in Air in brutal.
I went Hive mind heavy to be able to finish it but since you don't have that here is what i suggest. Since you have IMO have very good Turtel upgrade you should make a Exelent wall.Remenber that in this mission you main focus would be to make a fast/mobile army to deal with all the zerg mutil front attacks, so build your base with enough space soo you don't end with a conga line everytime you move your marine.

First-Fall back and wall up near your base.
Build Bunker and field then with MARUDER! first but leave space between you bunker so Units can move fast to one side to you base to the other,behind bunker make Perdition turret to deal with ling and then put 4+ tanks(get siege breaker)in each side with 2-4 SCV in auto repair and finally put 1-2 Psi disruptor in each front.That should deal with almost all the ground(Lings,Roach,hydra,Ultras) that zerg had, but you still have a giant hole of Anty air.

Second-Build 5 Rax and get a 40 marine supply with Upgrade and Medivac next to Artifact, They will be your Anty air. One biggest problem in this mission are all the mutas they send you from all side. That is why you need to have then Up there. You can swin back and foward to attack your two entrance and and still Proctec the Tower. Also Marine are the best counter vs Kerrigan. You don't want her to reach you wall or she will blow it open and allow all the zerg in.

Third-Build Viking15+, Science Vessel 4, Battel Cruiser 4 + the 3 they give you at the begining(Get the mErcenari) They are your Anty Leviatan team. At soon you have an army like that, Attack, Use irradiate,Yamato and micro to kill it fast.When you are done, move your BC to the Mineral line to deal with arrasment and leave anything else over the artifact.

Other Tips
-Move your BC to the center to deal with the Space drop pod of zerg and over mineral line at the begining
-Get all the Merc you can!!! they are AWESOME,specially siege breaker
-Get 2 EB/armory and Get all upgrade fast(The first wave of zerg have 1/1)
-Know when kerrigan attack, Don't use your artfact 3mint before she attack. You want to use it on her when she is close enough to you,to focus on her with your marine without worrying about your flanks.
-Leave vikings over bunker to deal BL/Mutas.

Good luck, hope this become useful to you.

Thank you for the advice, I plan to test this one out! 5 rax though really?

First off, it's going to be kind of ugly simply because your tech tree choices aren't very optimal. Really there's one big choice you need to make for this mission: whether you will use the artifact on the Leviathan or the subsequent Kerrigan wave (they're too close together to use on both).

Obviously you want to go with a bunker/siege tank defense for most of it, getting some missile turrets/vikings to clean up mutas and brood lords. You need a medic/marine ball to deal with Kerrigan because she'll eat your siege tank lines alive. I prop up 3 turrets or so at each entrance, in the back, and another 7-8 in front of the artifact.

If you chose to use the artifact on the leviathan, you're going to need to invest double into your MM ball and get a couple of extra siege tanks to replace the ones you're inevitably going to lose. I'd stop at 15-20 vikings in this case. If you use the artifact on Kerrigan instead of the leviathan, you're going to need to throw down an extra starport and pump out some BC's for yamato- vikings won't cut it there.

For upgrades, infantry attack is probably the most important, followed by vehicle attack. You want air attack/armor and infantry armor eventually, but it isn't as immediately important. Vehicle armor is rather underwhelming- your siege tanks shouldn't be getting hit much anyways.

Either way, you're heavily reliant on your ability to multitask in this mission since you didn't take any of the easy ways out. If you can't hack that your best bet is to go back and get better upgrades.

Medics with marines pointless, kerrigan one shots marines unless you mean when i move them out of the razor swarm, but i'll try this. I also know that if I don't get my air dmg maxed before levi get there, I die. I will try yours though, its a change of pace and i'm willing to try anything!
Reply Quote
Still looking for help on this topic :)
Reply Quote
Just pretend you have no upgrades from Swann or Stetman and do it using Cacho's guide. It is working as he've shown lol.
Reply Quote
- SCII Technical Support
before you can kill all of the zerg bases

That's not required for victory. If you're losing units fast due to attacking the zerg bases, I can see resources running short. Use the same concept as outnumbering the Zerg, just stay home and use those units to battle the incoming waves. That should save a lot of units, thus resources. Once I get myself all nice and tucked in, unit production slows because im just resupplying the defenses... and my bank flies up into the 4000's+.

Just pretend you have no upgrades from Swann or Stetman and do it using Cacho's guide. It is working as he've shown.

That should work too since Cacho's is doing it while drastically less powered than you.
Reply Quote
You're not so bad...

You have psi dusruptors, stim, shaped blast, aoe vikings, science vessels, extra repairing speed, autohealing mech, MULES, super turrets, bigger bunkers, and magic refineries that give you 9 extra supply and work faster.

All those upgrades fit in the strategy I've posted in this topic: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/8920752065

Don't make medics, just replace your death marines (some quantity between 30 and 40 should take down Kerrigan easily), spend all your gas in upgrades and vikings, make at least 2 psi disruptors per ramp, don't overcomit on tanks and you should be ok.

EDIT: I'm going to try playing the mission again with your same upgrades (from my NUR savegame) and share a video. Wish me luck

EDIT 2: I've already beaten it, I'ts uploading to http://youtu.be/sXlZSpJumW4
Edited by Cacho on 6/14/2013 6:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Mind Control towers

Build Tons of it
See Mutalisk, Broodlords Mind control it

Have tonnes of mind-control armies(broodlord's brood) surround and keep killing Kerrigan

Leviathan don't bothered cause it help you to build your army with Mind Control Towers

Your're Welcome

If you go Air you should upgrade to mind control towers

Disruptors are better for land =$
Edited by URBER on 6/16/2013 11:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This mission is really not that bad. Just stay calm and maintain your defenses around the clock.

The most essential fact about All In is that the Nydus version is much easier than the air version. That being said, you must select Shatter the Sky over Belly of the Beast and when you do so, you must kill the Leviathan in Shatter the Sky for good measure. If you cannot do that for any reason, I highly recommend replaying the campaign to get the research and upgrades that I have provided below.

Now, I will list the recommended research for the mission:
Zerg Research:
Fortified Bunker (you don't want Kerrigan or the Zerg to destroy bunkers frequently; it also makes it easier for SCVs to keep a bunker's life up).
Perdition Turret (primarily used to defend supply depots as well as making short work of Nydus worms. Planetary Fortresses are just too bulky and expensive).
Cellular Reactor (Makes most missions much easier to fly through).
Psi Disruptor (Hive Mind Emulator sounds fun, but honestly, have fun trying to find the perfect time to build an army of Zerg, let alone snag any units).

Protoss Research:
Ultra Capacitators (the extra DPS is more useful in the long run. There's no point in boosting a unit's HP since Kerrigan could kill a unit just as quickly)
Micro-Filtering (prevents gas starvation)
Automated Refinery (frees up SCVs and supply)
Science Vessel (free repairing ... and Irradiate)
Tech Reactor (hands down)

Here are the recommended unit upgrades (Note that these are for units that I used in the mission):
Base Upgrades: All of them (you bought almost all of them; Advanced Construction for SCVs is actually promising)

Infantry Upgrades:
Both Marine upgrades and both Marauder upgrades
Medic: Stabilizer Medpacks (phases out the Medivac)

Vehicle Upgrades
Both Siege Tank upgrades

Starship Upgrades
Both Banshee upgrades

On a side note, the most recommended mercenaries that you should use in this mission are Siege Breakers and Dusk Wings.

Now, I will break the mission down:
You need to set up a defensive position where you are least likely to get swamped by enemy Zerg. Pull your forces on the low ground back behind the ramps to the artifact.

Remember to make more SCVs because you need good repair crews for your bunkers. Also, the only upgrades you should get are weapon upgrades in order to take Kerrigan down quickly.

Have your barracks, factory, and starport keep churning out marines, siege tanks, and banshees until you max out your supply.
Make bunkers on the low ground and start stuffing them with infantry. Park your siege tanks behind your bunkers. Do not worry about cramming units.

The first wave of Zerg will destroy your supply depots; there is no point in defending them, which is why your forces should be pulled back. Since it is no big deal, just quickly build more supply depots within your base.

As your defense on the low ground grinds down Zerg, get two more bunkers near the artifact and stuff them with infantry. At a much later point in the mission, you may want to build some Perdition Turrets near the Artifact because Nydus Worms may emerge there.

By the time the first wave of Nydus Worms emerge, you should have enough Banshees to kill the Nydus Worms ASAP before they start spilling more dangerous waves.

Remember to pull your Battlecruisers away from the artifact and make a couple of Science Vessels.

Try to ready your air defenses before the Overlord rush. I never had to call down or build Vikings or Goliaths so I just built missile turrets around my mineral line and my supply line, which are popular spots for Overlords to drop enemy units.

To sum it up, the Nydus version on Brutal is easier to handle than the Air version; all you need to do is kill the Nydus Worms as quickly as possible and keep your defense up.
Edited by PhilPeepers on 8/14/2013 6:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I got the achievement Aces High on Brutal, so I'm sure it's possible for you to beat it. Basically what I did was have a good sized strike force of Banshees to kill the Nydus Worms, and a lot of Marines and Marauders, and a LOT of Tanks. A good tactic is to move all your stuff back to the center front of your base below the artifact so you can have more shooting at a time. Put bunkers and Psi Disruptors near the Artifact. When Kerrigan comes, use the Nova and send the Marines when she's in range of the Tanks. Split them up when she uses Razor Swarm.

In the end I barely survived, I had to lift my CC over to the Artifact to draw Kerrigan's attention for long enough so I could win. It was kind of funny when the Artifact exploded in a puff of smoke during the cutscene afterwards and nothing happened, then it jumped to all the units exploding.
Reply Quote
Those upgrades would work better against ground than air, but you are where you are. Shame you don't have ghost ocular implants; in a bunker with your bunker upgrades, they can hit most air. About all you can do is save frequently, and keep restarting from saves until you wire it. Might be some ideas here:
http://user.xmission.com/~wake/gosuacademy.html
Reply Quote
Mind Control towers

Build Tons of it
See Mutalisk, Broodlords Mind control it

Have tonnes of mind-control armies(broodlord's brood) surround and keep killing Kerrigan

Leviathan don't bothered cause it help you to build your army with Mind Control Towers

Your're Welcome

If you go Air you should upgrade to mind control towers

Disruptors are better for land =$

This post is about the air version without MC towers.
Edited by JCarrillo on 8/18/2013 2:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This mission is really not that bad. Just stay calm and maintain your defenses around the clock.

The most essential fact about All In is that the Nydus version is much easier than the air version. That being said, you must select Shatter the Sky over Belly of the Beast and when you do so, you must kill the Leviathan in Shatter the Sky for good measure. If you cannot do that for any reason, I highly recommend replaying the campaign to get the research and upgrades that I have provided below.

Now, I will list the recommended research for the mission:
Zerg Research:
Fortified Bunker (you don't want Kerrigan or the Zerg to destroy bunkers frequently; it also makes it easier for SCVs to keep a bunker's life up).
Perdition Turret (primarily used to defend supply depots as well as making short work of Nydus worms. Planetary Fortresses are just too bulky and expensive).
Cellular Reactor (Makes most missions much easier to fly through).
Psi Disruptor (Hive Mind Emulator sounds fun, but honestly, have fun trying to find the perfect time to build an army of Zerg, let alone snag any units).

Protoss Research:
Ultra Capacitators (the extra DPS is more useful in the long run. There's no point in boosting a unit's HP since Kerrigan could kill a unit just as quickly)
Micro-Filtering (prevents gas starvation)
Automated Refinery (frees up SCVs and supply)
Science Vessel (free repairing ... and Irradiate)
Tech Reactor (hands down)

Here are the recommended unit upgrades (Note that these are for units that I used in the mission):
Base Upgrades: All of them (you bought almost all of them; Advanced Construction for SCVs is actually promising)

Infantry Upgrades:
Both Marine upgrades and both Marauder upgrades
Medic: Stabilizer Medpacks (phases out the Medivac)

Vehicle Upgrades
Both Siege Tank upgrades

Starship Upgrades
Both Banshee upgrades

On a side note, the most recommended mercenaries that you should use in this mission are Siege Breakers and Dusk Wings.

Now, I will break the mission down:
You need to set up a defensive position where you are least likely to get swamped by enemy Zerg. Pull your forces on the low ground back behind the ramps to the artifact.

Remember to make more SCVs because you need good repair crews for your bunkers. Also, the only upgrades you should get are weapon upgrades in order to take Kerrigan down quickly.

Have your barracks, factory, and starport keep churning out marines, siege tanks, and banshees until you max out your supply.
Make bunkers on the low ground and start stuffing them with infantry. Park your siege tanks behind your bunkers. Do not worry about cramming units.

The first wave of Zerg will destroy your supply depots; there is no point in defending them, which is why your forces should be pulled back. Since it is no big deal, just quickly build more supply depots within your base.

As your defense on the low ground grinds down Zerg, get two more bunkers near the artifact and stuff them with infantry. At a much later point in the mission, you may want to build some Perdition Turrets near the Artifact because Nydus Worms may emerge there.

By the time the first wave of Nydus Worms emerge, you should have enough Banshees to kill the Nydus Worms ASAP before they start spilling more dangerous waves.

Remember to pull your Battlecruisers away from the artifact and make a couple of Science Vessels.

Try to ready your air defenses before the Overlord rush. I never had to call down or build Vikings or Goliaths so I just built missile turrets around my mineral line and my supply line, which are popular spots for Overlords to drop enemy units.

To sum it up, the Nydus version on Brutal is easier to handle than the Air version; all you need to do is kill the Nydus Worms as quickly as possible and keep your defense up.

While I appreciate advice if I were to redo the mission, that's not the case about this post.
This post is about wining with the current version I have. When I abort the mission, it goes to the victory screen cinimatic. This is because I beat this on Casual, restarted on Normal, restarted on Hard, then restarted on Brutal. This is not like I completed it, then went into the archives and replayed the mission.
I beat the mission, and instead of using the continue button, I use the reply mission button and selected a higher difficulty after I beat it. Plus its from an old save file on my old PC. I use my laptop now.
Reply Quote
I got the achievement Aces High on Brutal, so I'm sure it's possible for you to beat it. Basically what I did was have a good sized strike force of Banshees to kill the Nydus Worms, and a lot of Marines and Marauders, and a LOT of Tanks. A good tactic is to move all your stuff back to the center front of your base below the artifact so you can have more shooting at a time. Put bunkers and Psi Disruptors near the Artifact. When Kerrigan comes, use the Nova and send the Marines when she's in range of the Tanks. Split them up when she uses Razor Swarm.

In the end I barely survived, I had to lift my CC over to the Artifact to draw Kerrigan's attention for long enough so I could win. It was kind of funny when the Artifact exploded in a puff of smoke during the cutscene afterwards and nothing happened, then it jumped to all the units exploding.

Nydus Worms? This is the air version. Please read the first post :)
Reply Quote
Those upgrades would work better against ground than air, but you are where you are. Shame you don't have ghost ocular implants; in a bunker with your bunker upgrades, they can hit most air. About all you can do is save frequently, and keep restarting from saves until you wire it. Might be some ideas here:
http://user.xmission.com/~wake/gosuacademy.html

Yeah tell me about it. in fact i was doing this the last time before i gave up on trying before HOTS came out. I literately saved every 60 secs. It was fine till I got 20 mins in, where i couldn't counter the overwhelming odds.

I am going to watch Chaco's version he made specifically for me. and copy his moves frame by frame lol
Reply Quote
Now, when I say "save," you know I mean with a different file name each time, right? (Just add an ascending number to the end, or something.) Otherwise, you may overwrite a save at a position of strength with a save at a point where things are about to become a disaster unexpectedly.
Reply Quote
exactly, much like the autosaves do :P
Reply Quote
I do not blame you for wanting to stick with the air version, but to go in without Maelstrom Rounds for Siege Tanks or Phobos-Class Weapon System for Vikings? No wonder you're having a harder time than most other people. I do not know if you are able to compensate for that, but here is a strategy specifically designed for the air version:

Like I mentioned in my other post, ramp up your economy, pull your forces back, and get weapon upgrades only. Ship weapon upgrades and Infantry weapon upgrades should take priority over Vehicle upgrades.

Dedicate your production buildings to getting LOTS of Marines, Siege Tanks (eight or ten tops, but in your situation twelve, including the Siege Breakers), Vikings, and some Science Vessels.

Your frontal defense on the low ground should consist of Perdition Turrets and Missile Turrets, but try to balance your defense distribution on both sides because one side may expect a heavier attack wave than the other side. The Artifact platform should be the only place where you have bunkers filled with Marines.

Whenever Kerrigan attempts to assault your position, attack her with a large pack of Marines while she is within range of your Siege Tanks. Marines are purely expendable, so whatever losses you encounter are nothing to QQ about. Just replace anything that you lost.

I expect you to be able to amass a sizable fleet of Vikings that can engage enemy flyers from all sides and splatter the Leviathan (which you should).

If this strategy does not work out for you, then good hunting for a good strategy.
Edited by PhilPeepers on 8/19/2013 4:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
When I did All-In (Nydus Worm version) I simply massed upgraded siege tanks in between my command centers and the artifact (directly in the middle at the base of the hill), from that position the tanks are much safer yet can still cover the entrances as well as the artifact. To modify this strategy for the air version I would recommend you build about 8-10 siege tanks (and then proceed to make vikings, marines, and if necessary science vessels) and place them in the aforementioned position, place missle turrets in a straight line along the southern ridge of the hill so that mutalisks coming to attack the tanks/artifact would be torn apart quickly whereas broodlords would attack the artifact first. Without mutalisk support the broodlords will make easy targets for the vikings you should be massing and with luck you will have enough to kill the Leviathan when it spawns. The marines should be saved for Kerrigan and helping kill mutalisks quicker.

This strategy is a bit unorthodox compared to some of the more common builds presented to you above and it is based heavily on what may be outdated zerg AI. But perhaps you would benefit from an unorthodox strategy at this point.
Reply Quote
08/19/2013 04:08 PMPosted by PhilPeepers
I do not blame you for wanting to stick with the air version, but to go in without Maelstrom Rounds for Siege Tanks or Phobos-Class Weapon System for Vikings? No wonder you're having a harder time than most other people. I do not know if you are able to compensate for that, but here is a strategy specifically designed for the air version:

Like I mentioned in my other post, ramp up your economy, pull your forces back, and get weapon upgrades only. Ship weapon upgrades and Infantry weapon upgrades should take priority over Vehicle upgrades.

Dedicate your production buildings to getting LOTS of Marines, Siege Tanks (eight or ten tops, but in your situation twelve, including the Siege Breakers), Vikings, and some Science Vessels.

Your frontal defense on the low ground should consist of Perdition Turrets and Missile Turrets, but try to balance your defense distribution on both sides because one side may expect a heavier attack wave than the other side. The Artifact platform should be the only place where you have bunkers filled with Marines.

Whenever Kerrigan attempts to assault your position, attack her with a large pack of Marines while she is within range of your Siege Tanks. Marines are purely expendable, so whatever losses you encounter are nothing to QQ about. Just replace anything that you lost.

I expect you to be able to amass a sizable fleet of Vikings that can engage enemy flyers from all sides and splatter the Leviathan (which you should).

If this strategy does not work out for you, then good hunting for a good strategy.

Its been sometime since I been working on this I kinda left this achievement behind after HOTS came out, I guess I can give it another go.
Edited by JCarrillo on 6/21/2014 6:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]