StarCraft® II

Scientists aspire to create "Khala" with tech

So apparently, scientists linked 2 rats' thoughts. It is one directional, but it's still pretty amazing.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21604005

One of the things mentionned in the article is the idea of "communicating via devices, having our minds linked and having multiple minds work together on a solution to a problem", which basically, sounds pretty much like the Protoss Khala.
Reply Quote
That looks like its based on wires, not to mention mouse brains aren't nearly as complicated as human brains, so I wouldn't know if seeing more of this in the near future would happen to fast.

When they make it wireless, it could be interesting for sure.
Reply Quote
That looks like its based on wires, not to mention mouse brains aren't nearly as complicated as human brains, so I wouldn't know if seeing more of this in the near future would happen to fast.

When they make it wireless, it could be interesting for sure.

Wires are more fault-tolerant, when the idea is to demonstrate that it can work, you want as little room for variable as you can get.

It is absolutely possible that they could do it wirelessly as well, but it makes for a worse experiment as you're adding additional variables in to the equation.
Reply Quote
After watching an anti-bullying movie at school last year that involved a suicide, I thought it might be useful if one day we enabled ourselves to directly transmit our emotions between one another in a much quicker and efficient way than, say, oration and facial manipulation. Then I realized that such ability would be a lot like the Khala.
Reply Quote
the khala for most protoss is more like an internet that only transmits emotions and some protoss can acsess it anywhere, for preservers its so much more. Read the dark templar saga thats all i can say
Edited by Necromaster on 4/10/2013 4:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]