StarCraft® II

No issues with SC2 while "behind downloading"

I have updated my sc2 to 2.0.4 and I haven't been encountering any issues. However, the "behind downloading" haven't completed yet and I was wondering if I should be concerned when I have completed downloading it.

I actually played a guy in ladder today that was lagging so bad (I think its because of this behind download thing) but I was fine. Just want to know if I will be experiencing the same thing.

Thanks in advance Mac Support.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This might be the background downloader for some HotS data maybe. When you launch SC2, does the launcher say it is still downloading data?
Reply Quote
Hi Machkhan. When I launch SC2 WOL, it does say download is complete but haven't tried it out yet. I've been playing HOTs before you guys take down the Beta. I will let you know when I try tonight.

Actually, when I play HOTS, I do get lag issues as I play longer games. Is this a performance issue with my Mac or something external?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
When you say 'lag' is this reduced frame rates? It sounds like more of a heating issue than anything. 2.0 has higher system requirements than WoL did.

Have you followed everything in our StarCraft II Low Performance article
Reply Quote
acutually not exactly same problem. after upgrade, the fps of the game drops below to 20.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]