StarCraft® II

Original Starcraft

I just used the blizzard digital installer to re download the original Starcraft battle chest and it downloaded fine, but when i click on the installer exe file it says power PC not supported...is there anyway that I can play the original game on my mac? THanks for any help
Reply Quote
Unless you are running snow leopard (10.6) or earlier, as of today you can't run Starcraft 1. Your best bet is to play in Win 7 via bootcamp. Hopefully blizzard will update all their 'classic' games (Starcraft, diablo II, Warcraft 3) to run on modern macs but i'm not holding my breath. I wish blizzard was more like valve in that regard as they are porting their original goldsource games (half-life 1) to both mac and linux.
Reply Quote
So is Blizz just being lazy taking our money & not supporting their own games, or is this a purposeful slap in the face if you own a Mac?
Reply Quote
it hardly works under win 7 either, so i'm guessing it's the former
Reply Quote
I would also love to play Brood War and would buy Diablo II if they fixed this issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]