StarCraft® II

Strange Internet Connection Issue

So i'd like to say i'm decent with computers and networking, but this one has me stumped. There are three computers on my home LAN. 2 of us are connected by the Ethernet cord and one is wireless. But no matter what im doing or what game i'm playing on my wired connection... every time my roommate plays SC2 with his wired connection I get randomly kicked off my internet. My connection goes to "no internet activity" and i have to disable and re enable my net adapter Roommate with the wireless connection is unaffected and his game play does not affect us. Plus, when I play SC2 neither of them are affected. Any ideas?
Reply Quote
Oh and also Ive tried updating my adapter driver. Its basically a brand new computer as well.

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.130104-1435)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire M3970G
BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/25/11 11:33:59 Ver: 04.06.04
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8172MB RAM
Page File: 2237MB used, 18191MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
02/22/2013 02:41 AMPosted by Alkilyu
every time my roommate plays SC2 with his wired connection I get randomly kicked off my internet.

Hi Alkilyu,

Has your roommate fully downloaded the patch?

Hey may want to limit his network card to a specific speed too.
Yes, he has fully downloaded the patch, and when it comes to his bandwidth, limiting it would not help. Weve had all three computers running torrent downloads and playing guild wars 2 at the same time and its stable. But if no other programs are running except his SC2 ill still get kicked off the net. Does not seem to be a problem with bandwidth...
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I think it's worth a try to set the speed of his network card to either 10 Mbps Full Duplex or 100 Mbps Full Duplex. I've seen this help with similar issues. Also, of course, his network card drivers should be up to date.
Edited by Velnrak on 2/22/2013 2:41 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]