StarCraft® II

We need answers, and we need them now.

I think the easyiest way to do this would have catagories and subcatagories

-AOS
Lane Fights -Thing where you build stuff and they sent troops at eachother

And stuff like that, so if I wanted to lets say find a rp I would click other (Because rp's are small) then click on rp. Just a suggestion.
Reply Quote
I hate to burst the bubble but I thiink the current system is good and I don't really see a issue with it. It may take longer to find something but it works.

No, it sucks.

You can't even search for maps while joining.

You can't sort maps by different attributes such as name, popularity, date, etc.

If you wanted to play a map low down on the list... good luck, I hope you have tons of friends.
Reply Quote
I hate to burst the bubble but I thiink the current system is good and I don't really see a issue with it. It may take longer to find something but it works.

You have never tried playing a Page 4 map, have you?
Reply Quote
Please click on the Like button on the FIRST post guys, this thread is on the popular side-list already (oh, the irony! :P) and I'd like to keep it there, well visible.

I still hope someone will feel like spending 5 minutes to tell us what's going on, explain what they're going to do, ETAs, anything really. Come on Blizzard, you gave us such a powerful and fun toy to create maps but it looks like you don't really care that much about custom games and this "we'll do something at some point" silence is getting a bit awkward... SC2 really has a huge potential and deserves better, we appreciate what you're trying to do with editor fixes and Featured maps but please understand this is not enough and a lot of mapmakers are giving up :/
Reply Quote
How about not having the same map show up more than once? So we won't have 2 whole pages of nexus wars. Also, only show games that have people in them, so we won't join an empty lobby.
Edited by NarcoticNite on 10/9/2010 6:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That is a rare bug, just reboot the game to fix it :)
(wow, did the thread disappear from the popular list already?)
Reply Quote
I hit the show more button D=.
Though i can agree the popularity system really ruins it
Reply Quote
Liked

And worried about going forth with my project to recreate Commandos from SC1 just to see it buried under a single map and its clones.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Like it or not, I think blizzard is going to keep the popularity system. Maybe with some improvements, but I dunno they seem to just ignore us.

I think what a good goal would be to keep popularity. However, not have it filtered by that...

What about just showing the maps that are being played, and having multiple instances of it in a folder. Then somehow fix that terrible scrolldown box with all the games, because that seems to be another issue.

In a nutshell think about it in a more simple matter.... Fix having to scroll down, and just fix what filters maps. I don't think a popularity system would be bad then. Oh and add a search function.
Reply Quote
what they really need to do is make it so that you can join games with your friends even if there aren't enough spots on a team. my friends and I had to join and leave thus ruining about 20 roundabout wars games just to get to play with each other. thats stupid.
Reply Quote
yeap, they are ignoring us, yeap...
Edited by ZoNiEs on 10/10/2010 8:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
what they really need to do is make it so that you can join games with your friends even if there aren't enough spots on a team. my friends and I had to join and leave thus ruining about 20 roundabout wars games just to get to play with each other. thats stupid.

Create your own game lol through the Create Game option, use the search box to find "roundabout wars" or whatever it's called as opposed to join one, then invite your friends through the invite button, then if you need extra people click the make public button.
Edited by Icey on 10/10/2010 11:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
it really needs a tutorial video or something that teaches you how to use the map editor. cus i cant figure some stuff out and it really pisses me off that the 'help' tab doesn't help me! im might be noob or something but i wana make maps but I don't know how.
Reply Quote
agree!
JE SUIS D'ACCORD!
Reply Quote
agree, +1

bump
Reply Quote
Why should custom games be less important than league games?

Please tell me this is a joke.

Fail
Reply Quote
I agree with the original poster and while its not bad to sort things by popularity it is bad that popularity is the ONLY way it can be sorted. I am also a map maker, and me and a friend created Commando Wars 2 v1.24, based on the SC1 Commando Wars and Commando BroodWars. we happened to catch a lucky break when blizzard was resetting the servers and we were able to get a full game, only to realize that our game was badly broken. we have since fixed the games many problems but have never been able to test it fully since then largely due to the fact that the game is 30+ pages down the popularity list.

This desperately needs fixed and while it is frustrating I am going to keep plugging away.
Reply Quote
This custom map system is god-awful. At least have an OPTION to go back to classic StarCraft style of map picking.

C'mon Blizzard, have some sympathy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]