StarCraft® II

We need answers, and we need them now.

They completely dodged all three questions about the popularity issue during the custom maps Q&A.
I can't even express how disappointed I am right now.

And now there's this blogpost which is basically suggesting to dumb down our maps if they are too complex, because people must be able to fully grasp them in the first two minutes in order to have fun... they just don't seem to understand that nobody ever clicks below page 3 and niche maps can't be played at all without bots bumping them, because they immediately fall back to 0 games/day.

Nothing is going to change in the near future, I get it. It's okay, this thread was a waste of time.
Enjoy tug games and TDs.
Edited by Whiskee on 10/23/2010 10:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah, I'm trying not to take that too seriously...
I guess they haven't tried playing custom maps themselves on Battle.net.

At the moment the easiest way to get to page 1/2 is to create a singleplayer/2players turret defense and make it impossible to survive after the 5 minutes mark... which is pretty much everything we'll see in the next months (and it's happening already) since every bad mapmaker out there is learning how popularity works.
Reply Quote
This, blizzcon passed and they completely dodged popularity system questions. You guys are turning into activision, there's no more difference. Goodbye blizzard you were a cool company.
Reply Quote
That was just sad blizzard.
Reply Quote
http://forums.sc2mapster.com/general/general-chat/13968-so-abandon-our-projects-or-abuse-pop-system/#p12

You don't really need a crystal ball to understand what's going to happen next.
Edited by Whiskee on 10/24/2010 8:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
bump from a modder that's about to drop sc2
Reply Quote
bump from another modder thats about as his last straw as far as waiting for them to even indicate they understand their crap system is ruining our community, and that they at least plan on doing something about it.
Reply Quote
Bump while I wait for another popularity reset so that I can start abusing the custom map system.
Reply Quote
yeap...
Reply Quote
Bump from another mapper ready to spend time on something else
Reply Quote
Viral Bump!
Reply Quote
Disappointed, Blizz. So disappointed.
Reply Quote
:/ this is depressing and kind of detering my efforts For my RPG since it will be near impossible to get people to play it. + The map editor is tough to use :/

-bangs head against wall- Stop fighting us blizz! D=
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]