StarCraft® II

We need answers, and we need them now.

did anyone tried to make a map that is liek for only 2 players and lasts for only 5 minutes yet???

lol
Reply Quote
did anyone tried to make a map that is liek for only 2 players and lasts for only 5 minutes yet???

lol

Have you played the marine tug of war map on the first page? It lasts a bit longer than five minutes (usually) but it's a 1v1 and games are usually fairly quick. So basically...yeah, they have. And it worked.
Reply Quote
/signed

I cant believe they wont fix the Custom Game System, LET A LONE THE POPULARITY system which is based off of Games instead of GameTime * TotalPlayers.

This is depressing and If they want a Super awesome system I suggest to them to make it like Apple's App Store or Google's Android Market. Both work and have popularity BUT ALSO have other tabs such as categories, search, and updates.

EDIT: And why have they not to tell us after like 6 months of waiting... If it's not Fixed or announced they will fix it before Spring then I'll be sure to check out blizzards games before I purchase it and how sad too. I reckon every company/empire has their downfall, didn't expect it to be this soon for Blizzard...
Edited by HELLYA on 10/26/2010 4:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

lol

Have you played the marine tug of war map on the first page? It lasts a bit longer than five minutes (usually) but it's a 1v1 and games are usually fairly quick. So basically...yeah, they have. And it worked.

yeah i figured that one game, but wut happens if u managed to spam a bunch of em then eh? wut now!?!?!?
Reply Quote
Well, that's pretty much all you are going to see (and be able to play) in a few weeks from now.
Just wait and enjoy the flood as soon as everyone understands how popularity works.
Reply Quote
I would prefer they drop their censorship thing first...but yeah. I don't really like the popularity thing, either.
Reply Quote
I would prefer they drop their censorship thing first...but yeah. I don't really like the popularity thing, either.

You'll never see the censorship one go with the current product imo, you might get them soften there practices a little for when a map breaches the rules, but that's about it.
Reply Quote
Well, that's pretty much all you are going to see (and be able to play) in a few weeks from now.
Just wait and enjoy the flood as soon as everyone understands how popularity works.

well most of higher upped games DO suk....
Reply Quote
This is making me want to go play EVE.

I do have an idea, I hear from other map makers that the people who's maps are in the top use spam join-start-leave bots to get their maps popular.

Has anyone made one or can someone made a bot for that? I got some people who could do that if they had the program. Yo people who made ghost bot! We need your power of spam here!
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
I didn't read this thread until today. I have mostly ignored the popularity system threads in both sc2mapster and sc2 for a while, but might as well post here since it's going strong.

I really do think Blizzard has people working on it. We've been whining since like phase 1 of the beta. The custom map thing was kind of pushed aside with the crying about chat channels... but now people realize it's actually the bigger problem. What I think though is that they were like: "Oh yeah we'll just make this cool new system etc etc" and on paper it was good, but then in reality it's taking them a lot longer to reach what they showed at the previous blizzcon. The whole system is quite a step up in terms of a legitimate 'store'.

But, after using it for 5+ months or w/e, I think we've all come to realize that we want some form of the warcraft 3 system back. I mean, publishing and updating your map on the fly is AWESOME compared to war3... let's not completely slander blizz on this one... but yeah it has gotten frustrating.

Most of my maps are 8-12 player 30 min plus maps that have been on page 1 at one time or another but died either from a reset or just because 2 player maps = win.

Category filtering seems to be a good idea (like the Apple app store). That way no matter how many tugs/td's there are, other categories could still have more obscure maps on them. But I think even the app store has a 'newly released' list.

Personally, my custom map playing on sc2 is WAY down from war3. I think it's because of my experience now, but also because on war3 you'd sign in and get to choose from a bunch of cool/random/new maps all the time; always a sense of risk and adventure. Of course, I mostly stopped playing when the DOTA wave happened... so can't speak about that. But essentially what we have now is 10 'DOTA' maps on the list dominating everything else. I have had popular maps like I've mentioned, and I know I will have more; but, I want that sense of randomness to play other peoples maps.

Well, we've been making threads and petitions since beta about player/hour etc... and I'd like to believe it's getting done; as gamers and developers themselves, I'm sure they wouldn't stand for it. Just probably a lot more work to get it polished and bug-free.
Reply Quote
The lack of response from Blizz, and their lack of knowing their own system sucks from the little sample we got from blizzcon says just the opposite.
Reply Quote
It's my money, and I want it now!
Reply Quote
I saw this on the EU server:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12159929/Linked/custom.jpg
(It doesn't really work yet, how long has it been there?)

I'm not sure how they are going to split maps, since authors will never pick the right category themselves... still, I approve it if it means TDs and Tugs are going to be filtered somewhere else.
Edited by Whiskee on 10/30/2010 1:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
That's new :) cool, there's hope yet!
Reply Quote
though I still don't like it :/ 2 yrs later I rlly think theres two options one being take the pupularity arcade system as it is out all together and replace with how it worked in sc1

or make an option where you can look at the popularity maps and play them but if you want you can go and play custom games as it is in sc1
Reply Quote
though I still don't like it :/ 2 yrs later I rlly think theres two options one being take the pupularity arcade system as it is out all together and replace with how it worked in sc1

or make an option where you can look at the popularity maps and play them but if you want you can go and play custom games as it is in sc1

Hi kiltedjedi, two comments on your post. First, necroing dead threads is bad form, even if the popularity system is bunk. Second, thankfully, Blizzard already implemented your second solution. You can view the open games list, a bookmark list, or various kinds of popularity. The critics of the current system highlight both damage done before giving the open games list option and the default effects from popularity lists being the hard wired default screen in the arcade. We ask Blizzard to take popularity from default status and replace it with an open games list or something equally as good for the community as default screen.
Edited by euknemarchon on 12/13/2012 4:29 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]