StarCraft® II

Starcraft 2 - Brood War

Not sure if you're aware, but you can push borrowed defilers around with your forces.
Reply Quote
unit pushing will be disabled in the next version. but thats a funny bug.
Reply Quote
here are the changes so far that will be implemented in the next version

see below
Edited by MavercK on 10/31/2010 8:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How come you have all these price changes? Weren't you just copying their values directly from the latest version of BW?
Reply Quote
How come you have all these price changes? Weren't you just copying their values directly from the latest version of BW?

those are some i've missed and or got wrong.
Reply Quote
I meant to say earlier, but forgot. The medic energy upgrade doesn't go away on the academy when you research it.
Reply Quote
new version up now

Research Stimpack Cost reduced from 150/150 > 100/100
Research Restoration added to Academy
Scanner Sweep Hotkey (SC1 Profile) changed from C > S
Research Yamato Cannon Cost reduced from 150/150 > 100/100
Build Nuke Cost increased from 100/100 > 200/200
Build Nuke Build Time increased from 60 > 86.1
Morph Spire Cost reduced from 200/200 > 200/150
Morph Queen's Nest Cost increased from 100/100 > 150/100
Morph Guardian Cost decreased from 200/150 > 50/100
Morph Devourer Cost decreased from 200/150 > 150/50
Guardian Supply Cost reduced from 4 > 2
Devourer Supply Cost reduced from 4 > 2
Metasynaptic Node Cost increased from 100/100 > 150/150
Anabolic Synthesis Cost increased from 150/150 > 200/200
Pylon HP and Shields increased from 200 > 300
Photon Cannon HP and Shields decreased from 150 > 100
Shield Battery HP and Shields decreased from 550 > 200
Medic's - Heal Range decreased from 2 > 1
Cybernetics Core HP and Shields reduced from 550 > 500
Citadel of Adun HP and Shields reduced from 500 > 450
Robotics Facility Shields increased from 450 > 500
Gravitic Thrusters Upgrade added (Scout Speed Upgrade)
Carrier Capacity Upgrade Cost reduced from 150/150 > 100/100
Argus Jewel Upgrade Cost reduced from 150/150 > 100/100
Hallucination Upgrade Cost increased from 100/100 > 150/150
Some tweaks to the Valkyrie. it's now more responsive. it still cannot do damage to friendly units even with forcing attack. it doesn't do full damage to the target unless the missile lands directly on the target. this isn't ideal but im not seeing a fix just yet.
Probe Scaled down by 15% (Purely cosmetic)
Marine/Zergling/Zealot Scaled Up by 10% (Purely cosmetic)
Hydralisk Scale returned to Default (was 15% smaller (Purely cosmetic))
All Units which do not attack have had their "Attack Priority" reduced to 15. Attacking Units remain at 20.
Stasis Field is no longer Red when cast on a Dark Archon
New Sounds for Carrier and Arbiter
New Sounds for Dark Swarm and Consume Abilities
Probe and Drone Attack now has a Range of 1
Some tweaks to Dark Swarm effect. it will no longer spawn large distracting spinny things of annoyance.
Tweaks to Zergling Animation speed while Attacking
Unit "Pushing" COMPLETELY Disabled.
When using the Hold Position/Patrol Commands on Units. Units will be granted a short grace period where they will not decelerate. (unfortunately this cannot be done with Attack command. units just seem to stop. instantly. when ordered to attack and there is a target in range.)
All Air Units now turn at the drop of a hat.
Mutalisk\Wraith\Scout\Corsair\Devourer\Scourge can all be stacked. You can stack upto 11 units. anymore than this and they will be unable to Attack. When these units are left idle they will spread/seperate as normal.
Scourge do not suffer the Penalty of being unable to Attack when to many units are stacked as they would be unable to attack a set of stacked units.
Irradiate is much more visible as to which unit is currently affected by it (Effect is alot stronger and brighter)
Fixed Caduceus Reactor Upgrade for Medic remaining at the Academy after being Researched.

Edited by MavercK on 10/31/2010 1:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Another version released.

Dropship no longer has Energy (for real this time)
Mutalisk Acceleration/Deceleration reduced from 3.25 > 1.75
Scourge Acceleration/Deceleration reduced from 3.25 > 2.625
Drone/Probe/SCV Acceleration/Deceleration reduced from 3.25 > 1.75
Guardian Acceleration/Deceleration reduced from 1.0 > 0.6875
Arbiter Acceleration/Deceleration reduced from 3.25 > 0.875
Carrier Acceleration/Deceleration reduced from 1.0 > 0.6875
Scout Acceleration/Deceleration reduced from 1.875 > 1.25
Shuttle Acceleration/Deceleration reduced from 2.125 > 0.4375
High Templar Acceleration/Deceleration reduced from 1000 > 0.6875
Observer Acceleration/Deceleration reduced from 2.125 > 0.6875
Battlecruiser Acceleration/Deceleration reduced from 1.0 > 0.6875
Dropship Acceleration/Deceleration reduced from 2.3125 > 0.4375
Wraith Acceleration/Deceleration reduced from 2.625 > 1.75
Vulture Acceleration/Deceleration reduced from 1000 > 2.625
Devourer Acceleration/Deceleration reduced from 2.0 > 1.25
Corsair Acceleration/Deceleration reduced from 3.25 > 1.75
Pretty much every "Projectile" Weapon has had it's speed/acceleration tweaked
Mutalisk/Wraith Attack Impact Effect increased in Scale by 50% (much more visible)
Drone/Probe/SCV "Mineral Harvest Time" reduced from 5.0 > 4.4575
You can no longer drop on the Cliffs or in the Water on Big Game Hunters
Queen has now been implemented (Queen's currently do not respond to rally points)
Parasite ability has now been implemented
Spawn Broodling ability has now been implemented
Ensnare ability has now been implemented
High Ground Mechanic altered to account for Projectile Speed
Small tweaks to the way air unit stacking behaves
Reply Quote
Um. Would love to play this but not sure about how to go about installing it or where to put the 4 map files in the zip file that I downloaded from your site.

Could use a quick hand, lol.
Reply Quote
when you "Create Custom Game"
search for SC2BW and it'll list all the maps available.
Reply Quote
Hey MavercK, I can't help but notice that your thread keeps dropping and getting no responses, much like mine (both here and to a lesser extent, the Zerg Forums). The same thing is happening with popularity in custom games menu. It's sad because I think your mod is one of the most polished ones out there, much like mine (Reswarm). (In fact as I post this, your maps aren't even viewable in the join custom game list due to having no games played)

There's two main problems for that, in my opinion... One is the fact that there's no place for mods. Right now they only fit in the melee category, but just how many people search through melee maps when going through custom games? (I really wish they had a mod category.) The other is that there's no place for our mods in the community either. This forum mainly has people looking for custom maps, not really mods. SC2Mapster is basically like this forum too -- everyone's there for specialized map-making, not so much mods.

Any ideas one what we and other modmakers can do to actually get a voice and reach out to our unknown audience? I know they exist -- we just have no way of reaching them right now. :(
Reply Quote
How do you create a game like you editors do I'm still a little new and don't understand every thing
Reply Quote
How do you create a game like you editors do I'm still a little new and don't understand every thing

You mean make a mod like this? Basically all it comes down to is a lot of work and practice with the data editor in the Galaxy Editor. There's so much to learn that it takes a long time and a lot of effort.
Reply Quote
i knew nothing about mapping when i first made a standard tower defense for sc2 beta.
first week is tedious and frustrating to learn the basics of where things are and how everything links together.

after that it's just a matter of whatever you wanna do really.

as for getting mods out there. i have no idea. frankly battle.net 2.0 sucks
i'd love to see some sort of matchmaker for custom maps/mods but i doubt that would ever happen.

currently im working on getting some events going and trying to get the word out via streams but i dont really have a plan. i was hoping more people would be interested in a remake of brood war. i still think that. i just think 90% of people dont realise this exists.

all i can think of is promotion out the ass. advertise everywhere. haha. i dunno. battle.net really isn't very good. it makes me want private ladders like iCCup because i know the community will do a better job.
Reply Quote
It'd be nice if there was some kind of community or forum for melee-based mods -- that way we could get private ladders and a decently sized audience!
Reply Quote
would only work if it had a large community unfortunately
Reply Quote
I'm sure once this is completely finished it would have quite a large community, at least I know i would rather play broodwar than sc2.
Reply Quote
Hey Maverck, how did you go about applying the mod to different maps?
Reply Quote
you asking how to do it? or if i've done it?
Reply Quote
How to do it... I think I've seen you publish on more than one map.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]