Vs A.I maps won't load

In single player mode, i try too play vs computers, and the maps never load, then it ends up freezing my computer, or starcraft starts too lag, does anyone else get that? or know how too fix it up?
Reply Quote
I just updated to the current patch, and am now having similar issues.

In order of appearance:

Upon logging in, the "Single Player" tab does not function. I had to load the "tutorial" mission menu before this tab would even become interactive (by exiting the tutorial mission menu, naturally).

After finally accessing the "Single Player" tab, Vs. AI maps failed to be detected. Instead, I received a no content available message.

I do not lock up at this point, however. After trying to allow the menu to "locate" the vs. AI maps several times, I gave up.
Edited by Macknight on 9/30/2010 5:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've had the same issue as you, dan. Mac, i think that might be a different bug. If i'm not mistaken, Dan, You're not getting the message Mac mentioned?
Reply Quote
I've had the same issue as you, dan. Mac, i think that might be a different bug. If i'm not mistaken, Dan, You're not getting the message Mac mentioned?

I think I see my error in understanding the OP.

Daniel's actually trying to get the map to load, whereas I'm not detecting maps in the selection menu.

Or so I've now come to understand...
Reply Quote
I have similar loading issues.

1) Single Player -> Versus AI
The map selection is infinitely loading.

2) Multiplayer -> Create Custom Game
The map selection is infinitely loading.

I can move mouse around, pick other options, go back, etc. No maps ever show up because that loading circle going round and round forever. I do not have this issue if I hit Multiplayer -> Join A Game. My computer is not lagging or freezing at all.
Reply Quote
I feel like a broken record....here goes again :).

If all of you leave the PC running and let it chug away are you eventually presented with a message "No Content Found" and the Single Player tab becomes greyed out? If so I had this happen after 1.1 and basically resolved it by:

1) Launching SC2 and noticing my router was blinking like mad. I left it for a few minutes, hit single player, same thing
2) Waited a bit longer, got impatient, went to Multiplayer -> Custom Game
3) Noticed it downloaded the map, got to the lobby and cancelled out
4) Back to Single Player
5) PC threw a fit again BUT my list was more populated than before but some maps were missing
6) Repeat 2, 3, 4 but choose a different map

If this doesn't work I would guess your map cache is corrupt and blowing it away might help forcing the game to re-download ALL the maps from BNet again which takes some time but should resolve it. There's some posts in here from Blizzard with the folder paths which I can't remember off the top of my head being at work.
Reply Quote
Thanks! Nutty ol Blizzard.
Reply Quote
same thing happens to me.
im getting desperate.
Reply Quote
i have a problem like this, the maps take at least 3 mins to load and as they do it slows the game down. i only have this problem with the vs ai in single player not in any other option.
Reply Quote
awesome... i posted a similar thread. same problem, would be nice if we all got some kind of feed back..
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
Did you guys try Trentlesharks suggestion?
Edited by Archer on 10/2/2010 8:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have the same problem with Single Player -> Play versus AI... can't play and battle.net start to lag alot (fps drop from 75 to 0-5 in menu).
Reply Quote
Did you guys try Trentlesharks suggestion?

x2, I'd be curious how many other people this works for beyond my brother and myself. If it solves the problem repeatedly Bilzzard could look at the resolution steps and maybe come to a solution :).
Reply Quote
my issue resolved itself, for whatever reasons. Have booted the game several times now without the bug reoccurring.
Reply Quote
my issue resolved itself, for whatever reasons. Have booted the game several times now without the bug reoccurring.

Slow d/l of maps from bnet is my guess then (notice the map version now with 1.1.1 out is in fact 1.1.1). Good to hear it cleared up :).
Edited by Trentelshark on 10/3/2010 7:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
yah I'm having this problem as well.
Single Player ->Versus AI = massive lag
Anyways going through multiplayer -> create/join game work just fine
and create game -> add ai is I guess the same thing.
I have no idea how to clear my maps cache but I tried the multiplayer back to single player thing trentelshark recommended and it didn't help.
Reply Quote
same here, but the game lags out completely. Plus, i think I've left it longer than 3 minutes before.
Reply Quote
I now have the same Problem, i think it was a map i downloaded but the thing just never stops spinning in a circle, loading and loading. i cant do anything at all, and i played a few customs before it was good and when i look in the load/autosave it only has events from yesterday not todays.
Reply Quote
I'm having the same problem of "Test Document" won't open (load, launch) my custom made Maps from the Editor. What steps does one have to do to get it to open? Where are some instructions on this?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]