Common Confusion FAQ - READ ME

(Sticky)

Blizzard Employee
Hello everyone,

We've received a large number of reports in this forum that are either not bugs or should be directed to another location. In order to cut down on the amount of these threads being created we have created a FAQ style list of some of the common reports:

· This player is hacking!
We have a hacks team that handles all of these reports. Please report any hacking activity to hacks@blizzard.com with as much information as possible.

· My player color is set to Green, even though I picked another color in the lobby.
There is a setting in the game that allows you to always be displayed as green, your allies as yellow, and your enemies as red. This can be toggled with 'Alt+F' or by clicking the “handshake” icon by the minimap.

· [Race] is OP!
While we love to read about discussions on the races in Starcraft II, the QA team is not responsible for balancing the game. To ensure your feedback is viewed by the appropriate parties, feedback on races is better directed to each races discussion forum:

Terran: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/13433/
Zerg: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/13435/
Protoss: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/13434/

· I found a bug on the StarCraft website/forums.
Unfortunately the Bug Reports forum is not the best place to report website or forum bugs. To leave feedback on our website or forums, please visit the Website Feedback forum:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/13441/

· I found a bug on a custom map (non-Blizzard map).
Blizzard does not support issues with player created custom maps.
To leave feedback on custom maps, please visit the Custom Maps forum: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/13437/

· I can’t get any achievements in Singleplayer vs. AI games.
Achievements are only tracked in Multiplayer games, unless specified otherwise. You can play against AI in a Multiplayer game, on a Blizzard map, to gain these achievements. From the Home page, select Multiplayer at the top, then select either Find Match, Create a Game, or Play Cooperative depending on the achievement you are trying for.

· I can’t drag players into other teams.
Custom teams can only be created in maps that have the Category setting changed to “Custom”. In order to move a player from one team to another, you need to drag the player onto the Team # tab of the team you want the player to be moved to. Dragging the player onto another player or AI, on another team, will switch the players instead.

Types of Categories:

Melee games:
Melee games have set teams (1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and FFA).

Custom games:
Any combination of teams can be made. This is the Category you would choose if you wanted to make a 1v3 game for example.

· You have Left the Game.
The Score Screen will say that you have left a game in progress if there are any players at all left in the game, including your allies. Your Win/Loss status will be viewable in your match history some time later, though it can take a variable amount of time for Battle.net to clear matches in progress once all players have left. This delay also applies to games with AI allies as well as players.

· Stuck at Players Found.
Some college campuses have been known to block a number of ports that can prevent players from joining multiplayer matches. This can be fixed by having your IT department open these ports. Please see the College Campus Network Connection Issues thread on the technical support forum for a list of ports and more information:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/832174144
Edited by Huginncord on 10/29/2010 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote

· The Secret Mission doesn’t unlock when doing them in the Mission Archives.
This mission cannot be unlocked through the Mission Archives. If you have already completed the mission Media Blitz, you either have to load a previous game save or begin a new Campaign.

This is actually not quite right. The secret mission CAN be unlocked by doing Media Blitz in the archives.

However, if the player is on Char (or has completed the game entirely), then they have missed their chance and must go back to an older save file. They do not need to go all the way back to before they completed Media Blitz. They can simply go back to a point right before Char (such as their "Maw of the Void - Victory" save file), beat Media Blitz in the archives, and then load up the secret mission from the Star Map on the Hyperion.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee

· The Secret Mission doesn’t unlock when doing them in the Mission Archives.
This mission cannot be unlocked through the Mission Archives. If you have already completed the mission Media Blitz, you either have to load a previous game save or begin a new Campaign.

This is actually not quite right. The secret mission CAN be unlocked by doing Media Blitz in the archives.

However, if the player is on Char (or has completed the game entirely), then they have missed their chance and must go back to an older save file. They do not need to go all the way back to before they completed Media Blitz. They can simply go back to a point right before Char (such as their "Maw of the Void - Victory" save file), beat Media Blitz in the archives, and then load up the secret mission from the Star Map on the Hyperion.

Thanks Gergall, I was unaware of that change.
Reply Quote
This should be stickied.
Reply Quote
bump back to first page for a sticky
Reply Quote
Could this be stickied? It might actually help cut down some of the off topic threads.
Reply Quote
What would be really great is if Blizzard responded to the real bug reports much more frequently.

In fact, if Blizzard actually started paying attention more and responding to us within a reasonable period of time, two goals would be accomplished.
1. Blizzard would be more in touch with the common issues.
2. People would stop asking the same questions and reporting the same bugs over and over.

Unfortunately the Bug Reports forum is not the best place to report website or forum bugs. To leave feedback on our website or forums, please visit the Website Feedback forum:

Is that because Blizzard neglects the Bug forums? I mean, if there were adequate resources and due diligence then the staff could always redirect such information through the proper channels.

P.S. I am not upset at you Kragg. I am upset at the poor quality of responses I have received from Blizzard by email and the lack of responses to my submissions and other's submissions on the bug report forum.

If we are going to all be funneled here, then it would be nice if Blizzard put more resources into this section.
Edited by spootieho on 10/3/2010 11:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think its just that they got our money and most of us will probably buy the expansions and so they only care enough about the bugs to keep the majority of people from trying to get a refund for the game.
Reply Quote

That's not right either.

You absolutely can unlock the secret mission by finishing Media Blitz when selecting it from the archives. I've done it. Once you find the documents, go on to finish the mission normally. Once you do, the secret mission will be available to be selected from the archives.
Reply Quote
Who's Huginncord? He/she seems to have the power to edit Kragg's post....
Reply Quote
This may not be the place for me to ask this but I'm having problems with playing saved files of the game from an older patch. This is getting kind of annoying because I can't get anyware in the campaign because every time there is a new patch I access or use my old campaign saves. What should I do?
Reply Quote
I'm not sure if this is a bug, but the loading screen will say the other team is favored, and if my team wins the post carnage report says that we were favored (This only happens sometimes). I'm not sure if this is a bug, either way I'd like to know why it does that.
-Thanks.
Reply Quote
Sc2 CRASH.....This has Happened 5 or 6 times now, im done with blizzard and their products and i will make sure everyone i know and play with drops all blizzard products also, i have every blizz game from diablo to WoW from WC3 to SC1 and 2 so im tired of paying for a bunch of bugs crashes and crappy ass glitches GG blizz you LOSE.

Why dont you Try a Bit harder on Quality and quit being such Trolls about your games.
Reply Quote

That's not right either.

You absolutely can unlock the secret mission by finishing Media Blitz when selecting it from the archives. I've done it. Once you find the documents, go on to finish the mission normally. Once you do, the secret mission will be available to be selected from the archives.

No You can't unlock secrfet mission through archives if you didn't unlock it when you first played the mission. It's the way it is. You can't just make it so because you said so in a forum post. You can't unlock it through archives. Why? Because that's the way it is.
Reply Quote
how bout the SCV auto repair bug where you can put an SCV on auto repair, put it in a medivac, and have it repair any mech unitsinside the medivac? is this a bug or working as iintended?
Reply Quote
they are telling oter players how i play dy telling them what im tinking in the game when im doing a move they telling what i made to other players im playng in the league and then they are arguing whit me to not tell me what they did and taking whit other player neer me to ave ifo on the game or what i did in the day to make a game out of it i not tolorating it!!! i need you to chec on how they doing this and change the set around me to get other players that plays fair and not lying to get there game running cuzz i dont no then!!! for more info find me at twitch74@hotmail.com pls contact me fast cuzz its not good i hate deing harrast just cuzz i play my way!!! help im deing harrast !!!! this is not a joke!!!pls give me some help pls!!!!
Reply Quote
I really hope that people reporting on the forum will finally read the important post BEFORE posting! Haha
Reply Quote
03/31/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Fenix
I really hope that people reporting on the forum will finally read the important post BEFORE posting! Haha

+1
Reply Quote
09/30/2010 05:20 PMPosted by Kragg

· I can’t get any achievements in Singleplayer vs. AI games.
Achievements are only tracked in Multiplayer games, unless specified otherwise. You can play against AI in a Multiplayer game, on a Blizzard map, to gain these achievements. From the Home page, select Multiplayer at the top, then select either Find Match, Create a Game, or Play Cooperative depending on the achievement you are trying for.

The navigation advice here is now outdated.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]