doing as many missions as possible before...

What I'd like to do is complete as many missions as possible, to get the most credits, research, and units, all to help make another mission much easier for achievements/brutal.

e.g. I would like siege tanks or battlecruisers on The Evacuation to help with the Sacrifice Nothing (hard difficulty without losing or salvaging a structure) achievement.

What is my best way towards doing this? Is there a cheat for this? Maybe saved games files from the net?
Reply Quote
No cheats needed.

I actually did The Evacuation with Siege Tanks, but that was enough for me to clear the entire map of Zerg. The trick is to rush your first tank as fast as you possibly can, and then Siege it up on the gate outside the Colonist base. The transport won't be able to fit between the tank and the fence.

I don't properly remember the mission order I did, so this order may be wrong:

- Mar Sara Missions (Three of them)
- Smash and Grab (Advisable to do this first since Marauders are awesome.)
- The Devil's Playground (You should do this as soon as you can because Reapers own all missions where you just have to destroy a target)
- Welcome to the Jungle (Quite tough to do this early, especially on higher difficulties since they get storm and Colossi!)
- The Great Train Robbery (I'm not sure if you can do another mission before this.)
- Cuttroat (I wanted to skip this one until I got Siege Tanks... Oh well.)
- The Dig (Siege Tanks!)

Battlecruisers could be fun on this mission, but personally I don't think it's a good choice especially since you only get one mining base. It would take too long to get out your fleet and the game would get extremely boring when you keep waiting for enough gas to build more.

Tanks are enough. :P
Reply Quote
No cheats needed.

I actually did The Evacuation with Siege Tanks, but that was enough for me to clear the entire map of Zerg. The trick is to rush your first tank as fast as you possibly can, and then Siege it up on the gate outside the Colonist base. The transport won't be able to fit between the tank and the fence.

I don't properly remember the mission order I did, so this order may be wrong:

- Mar Sara Missions (Three of them)
- Smash and Grab (Advisable to do this first since Marauders are awesome.)
- The Devil's Playground (You should do this as soon as you can because Reapers own all missions where you just have to destroy a target)
- Welcome to the Jungle (Quite tough to do this early, especially on higher difficulties since they get storm and Colossi!)
- The Great Train Robbery (I'm not sure if you can do another mission before this.)
- Cuttroat (I wanted to skip this one until I got Siege Tanks... Oh well.)
- The Dig (Siege Tanks!)

Battlecruisers could be fun on this mission, but personally I don't think it's a good choice especially since you only get one mining base. It would take too long to get out your fleet and the game would get extremely boring when you keep waiting for enough gas to build more.

Tanks are enough. :P

Do I have to do each of those missions, or can I just get the research and then skip them with cheats?
Reply Quote
You can skip them with cheats, but I don't see why you should. Those missions are fun. :D
Reply Quote
there is cheats but once you use cheats you loose any achievements thereafter.
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 08:26 AMPosted by JCarrillo

Until you load a new game, right?
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 10:01 PMPosted by Karupt
What I'd like to do is complete as many missions as possible, to get the most credits, research, and units, all to help make another mission much easier for achievements/brutal.
Marine Medic balls all the way. You can't really get Siege tanks and battlecruisers earlier than you can, as they require a certain mission count for the mission to open up.
Edited by Zenzeri on 3/5/2013 4:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 09:28 AMPosted by Karupt

Until you load a new game, right?

Until you either start a new campaign or load a save from PRIOR to using the cheats.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]