StarCraft® II

Ping/response better on NA then SEA for optus

Been playing on SEA since launch, but since the 2.0.4 patch have had some very laggy games (not caused by background downloading, mine finished). Switched over to NA and the game seems to be much more responsive to input, even better then it was before 2.0.4.

I'm with Optus cable in Melbourne, anyone else experience the same?
Reply Quote
The routing via optus goes through NA to get to the SEA server, which is located in singapore. It is entirely due to this reason that all people who bought an SEA account got a free NA account.

So NA should have less ping if you are with Optus, or something is seriously going wrong.
Reply Quote
MVP - ANZ
Optus' awful routing to SEA servers has been known since launch. Most people say that it's around double the ping to SEA server than it is to NA using them.

______________________________________________________________________________
    Mathmick - Most Valuable Poster
    http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/36798 - The Most Valuable Poster program info

"Life... is strength... ...it seems logical enough. You live, you affect your world."
Reply Quote
The irony is the Optus is Singaporean owned.
Reply Quote
I have Optus in Melbourne too, It's spoiled many MMO and games for me.
As sooon as my contracts up GOOOODBYE OPTUS! HELLO NBN!
Reply Quote
it's cheaper to route traffic to the US than Singapore. Optus is a budget provider.
Reply Quote
Yeah I have optus here in WA, hasn't really been a noticeable difference though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]