StarCraft® II

Ask Us Anything on Reddit Tomorrow (3/6)

Community Manager
We wanted to take a moment to let you all know that we are hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) with game director Dustin Browder, lead software engineer Alan Dabiri, and game designer David Kim on Reddit tomorrow, March 6 at 11 am PST. We'd love for each of you to join us and ask the team any questions you may have leading into the launch of Heart of the Swarm.

If you can't make it tomorrow, leave your question here and someone may ask it on your behalf!
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Great! Looking forward too it.

How long will the team be answering questions for?
Reply Quote
cool
Reply Quote
Awesome, looking forward to reading through it.
Reply Quote
Why DB so biased and hate Terran so much?

Edit: After all, Protoss still OP, Terran still playing like its WoL and poor Zerg which I do believe is still UP...
Edited by Death on 3/5/2013 12:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
Awesome. In case I don't get there tomorrow my question is (and i'm sure there are other Zerg's out there that would be interested in asking this question):

Back in 2011 you guys mentioned that you felt like the corrupter was a missed opportunity that resulted in a very one-dimensional unit and that you would be looking to change this in HOTS. Did something cause you to feel that the corrupter was interesting enough as is, or was there some issue that prevented you from introducing the type of change you were hoping for (i.e. time constraints, balance concerns, not being able to pin down a new ability/design for the unit, etc.)?
Reply Quote
Will random players ever be able to see their race during the loading screen? Something that would be nice is if I could prepare myself for which unit hot key to start spamming, as opposed to just switching all units to the same keybinding.
Reply Quote
Wasn't the warhound meant to be a seige breaker and a core terran mech unit, as well as help in TvP late-game? Do you feel like the hellbat and/or widow mine properly cover the voids left behind by the warhound removal?
Reply Quote

Edit: After all, Protoss still OP, Terran still playing like its WoL and poor Zerg which I do believe is still UP...

you honestly have no idea wth you are talking about. Why turn this into a thread complaining about how your race isnt good enough? Even though Terran is by far the best race in HOTS right now its still not enough huh.

I want to see them talk a little more about the campaign and how it will end up leading into the final expansion!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Great! Looking forward too it.

How long will the team be answering questions for?

Two hours. :)
Reply Quote
They have done some amazing work portraying Terran in WOL, and Zerg in HOTS previews. I really want to know if they're working hard on some Protoss cinematics, because they have hardly played any role. It's like the Terrans don't even talk about them/think about them from WOL.
Reply Quote
There must be thousand of questions that are going to be fired at their direction?
How/ what order are questions going to be answered?
Does each team member answer a specific type of question?
what type of questions will be ignored?
Thanks!
Reply Quote
Oh, boy. I am expecting hordes of pointless balance whining and silly potential fixes to clog up the AMA... T_T

Great that Blizzard is doing this, though. I hope to see interesting questions and answers.

Hopefully, I can get my inquiries answered. :)
Edited by purakushi on 3/5/2013 1:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
When will we get to see the Revamped All-Stars moba???
Reply Quote
So it was mentioned that the Corruptor was boring, it counters what it counters, and isn't built for reasons besides dealing with those things.
The Overseer was also mentioned as looking at changes, as well as the Nydus Worm, and Hydralisk.
While the Hydralisk got a speed upgrade, the other three received no changes to make them more interesting (and if the Hydra's changes did is debatable)

So I'm really wondering what Blizzard's thoughts on the versatility and frequency of use of certain units, and the mid-game options Zerg has. Though of course it isn't only limited to Zerg. Reapers and ground Vikings also come to mind.
Reply Quote
What maps can we expect to be coming out? Any spoilers for them such as theme, layout, and names? Are we getting more types of rocks!
Reply Quote

you honestly have no idea wth you are talking about. Why turn this into a thread complaining about how your race isnt good enough? Even though Terran is by far the best race in HOTS right now its still not enough huh.

I want to see them talk a little more about the campaign and how it will end up leading into the final expansion!

Yea... Terran the best... Alright....
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 02:23 PMPosted by fingrknitter
What maps can we expect to be coming out? Any spoilers for them such as theme, layout, and names? Are we getting more types of rocks!

I hope TONS of snow maps, we only have 2 in HotS I think, if I remember correctly...

My favorite part of the season is snow and winter >__<
Reply Quote
How long will be a cinematics in Hots?
Reply Quote
Are we going to get any new units in Legacy of the void? ( i know this is probably a stupid Q's ) :-p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]