StarCraft® II

22/25 missions before char

I counted the missions I completed and it shows 24 missions that I completed on my list and it only is stating i completed 22/25 missions before I enter char. I dont understand why it is saying this. I want to have 25/25 before I enter char..
Reply Quote
you replay the alternate sides of both choices and do the secret mission?
Reply Quote
How do I replay the alternate sides? I did tosh missions and yea I did secret mission. I counted all missions and it adds up to 24 missions on my mission archive maps. yet it says 22/25..
Reply Quote
You go to the archives to play the alternate paths.

Also if your going for an achievement you can go to it and expand it to see what your missing.
Reply Quote
What mission is the alternative path found on?
Reply Quote
This alternate path will give me more mission completions?
Reply Quote
There are two missions with two choices. Safe Haven/Haven's Fall and Ghost of a Chance/Cutthroat

Since each one of those are different missions, you have to replay whichever one you didn't choose during your actual story play from the archives in order to get the achievement.
Reply Quote
Beat all of those on hard difficulty.
Reply Quote
if that's the case and you've done the secret mission... then you've done every available mission before char. That means the only 3 missions left to do are the 3(4 counting the OTHER 'split decision' mission on char, belly of the beast/shatter the sky) char missions.
Edited by Gwaihir on 3/6/2013 9:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
ok, I will enter char and beat them all and see what happens, thx.
Reply Quote
For some reason the star map is not showing the secret mission, I picked it up and unlocked it and beat the mission awhile ago and I noticed that I did not ever see it on my star map, so I went back to from char to media blitz and got it and it keeps saying unlocked than I abort mission, i still do not see it, do I have to beat media blitz again?
Reply Quote
It would seem so, unfortunately. I'm not sure, though. Better do. Media Blitz is a fun mission anyway. :D
Reply Quote
Well, im not getting piercing the shroud even thouhg it says I unlocked the mission and I beat mission, complete bs. I just have to beat All in mission and Im 25/25 and without the piercing the shroud mission. w/e.
Reply Quote
You can't get the secret mission from the archive by replaying media blitz. It has to be gotten during the campaign before going to char.

There is no exceptions to that rule. Your going to have to start a new campaign just to get it.
Reply Quote
That must've changed kryo... I missed media blitz the first time through, went back and redid it and unlocked it. This was back when the game first came out though..
Reply Quote
03/10/2013 01:56 PMPosted by Gwaihir
That must've changed kryo... I missed media blitz the first time through, went back and redid it and unlocked it. This was back when the game first came out though..

Thing is the secret mission isn't an achievement like doing the mission in under 25 minutes, its a story element.
Reply Quote
03/10/2013 01:56 PMPosted by Gwaihir

No it didn't, and read the whole post it is only 4 sentences.

You can't get the secret mission from the archive by replaying media blitz. It has to be gotten during the campaign before going to char.

There is no exceptions to that rule. Your going to have to start a new campaign just to get it.

fOOtfACe's situation isn't the same as yours. He already finished the campaign, this is evident by the fact that he is using the 22/25 missions comment.
Edited by kryokon on 3/10/2013 3:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
fOOtfACe's situation isn't the same as yours. He already finished the campaign, this is evident by the fact that he is using the 22/25 missions comment.

How long has it been since you played the campaign?

If you finish all missions, including path branches and the secret mission, you will have beaten 29 in total.

The number out of 25 does not include branching missions. I'm unsure if it includes piercing the veil, though.

You are also wrong about needing to redo the campaign to unlock piercing the shroud.

According to liquipedia, it can be unlocked on subsequent playthroughs.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Campaign/Media_Blitz
Edited by sunTZARO on 3/12/2013 11:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]